solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@joiediple

No. I really want to reside in Montreal if ever my application will be granted but if i'll have any difficulty integrating (OIIQ requires you pass the french exam before you can register as a nurse) I guess I'll have to settle to another province.

So are you applying as a QSW only because you were rejected as a FSW? Do you plan on staying in Quebec if ever your application is granted? Any relatives/friends there?

snow

Apr 12, 2011
same here joidiple, I'm also having problems taking french classes as it is only available in cebu and manila, classes usually good for 2 - 6 months for us to pass the exam, I have contacted online tutors but I'm not confident if it will be really beneficial to me and they cost more than the usual classes

also I'm holding off my application yet as I'm a self employed applicant and have read that they usually don't count experience in those areas, if that is the case, I will be short of points, plus they said that children and finance points is not counted as well on initial assessment, so it means that I should reach 57 just for education, experience, age, spouse and language.

I'm just confused then as David Cohen assessed me to be eligible, so I guess I won't submit yet considering that the fee is not refundable even on initial assessment, total fees for us as a family of 5 is around $1k.

Anyone please share your views about my concern, thanks

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Children and financial sufficiency points are included in the initial assessment, only the adaptability points are added at the time of interview, should there be one.

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
snow said:
same here joidiple, I'm also having problems taking french classes as it is only available in cebu and manila, classes usually good for 2 - 6 months for us to pass the exam, I have contacted online tutors but I'm not confident if it will be really beneficial to me and they cost more than the usual classes

also I'm holding off my application yet as I'm a self employed applicant and have read that they usually don't count experience in those areas, if that is the case, I will be short of points, plus they said that children and finance points is not counted as well on initial assessment, so it means that I should reach 57 just for education, experience, age, spouse and language.

I'm just confused then as David Cohen assessed me to be eligible, so I guess I won't submit yet considering that the fee is not refundable even on initial assessment, total fees for us as a family of 5 is around $1k.

Anyone please share your views about my concern, thanks
hello snow.
You are right. children points and financial sufficent points not counted in initiall statement i.e if you are married then getting points upto 52 is your threshold points(initial step). after getting 52 points u r eligible for 2nd step and at this step you'll get points from children and financial sufficent. Don't worry. if u got 52 points from education, experience age, language and blood relationship. then children points and financial points will be added.

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahh, I see what you mean... I looked at the manual and it says a married candidate must meet the initial threshold of 50 points for training, experience, age, language skills, stay and family in Quebec, validated job offer and spouse characteristics. Then he must meet the threshold of 57 points with the children and financial sufficiency points.

snow

Apr 12, 2011
I see I guess I only have 49 points without children and financial sufficiency.

What delf level should I aim to get 7 points? Coz at 49 points I put 6 for french so if I'll put it 7 then I could reach 50 points, how about for tef, what is the level or score to achieve 7-8 points?

shersta, are you planning to take french exam first before sending your application?

snow

Apr 12, 2011
Please help again, I think I'm lost :'(

Do we also get points for education alone aside training?
Coz I only include 6 points from areas of training as I thought education is already included in that 6 points?

I'm a bachelor degree of 4 years under section c of areas of training.

So is my breakdown of points correct:

Education: 10 (bach degree)
Areas of training: 6 (section c, to earn 2 from spouse it means his degree should be in section c as well? or it means if I am married even if my spouse's degree belongs to section d I still earn 2 points? )
Language: 5 (Ielts score 6.5)
16 (french)
Spouse: 6 (bach degree and age)
So from here I already have 59 points, I didn't include experience yet since I'm not sure if I can claim points for it as I'm self employed.

Is this correct? If ever they won't accept my experience I can still claim points on education? or not?

Also does the score of 16 for french, 8 for speaking and 8 for listening, what level in delf is it?

thanks

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've completed Modules 1 and 2 in AF, and am now on Modules 3 and 4. The maximum points for French is 16, which is already advanced, DALF C1 and C2.

Check this:
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_PHILIPPINES.pdf

This is the table where you can see your degree and corresponding points. A 4-year university degree from the Philippines gets you 4 points.

For area of training, if your degree is under Section C, then yes you will get 6 points, and if your husband's degree also falls in this section, that's worth 2 points, or 1 point if it's under Section D.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
snow said:
Please help again, I think I'm lost :'(

Do we also get points for education alone aside training?
Coz I only include 6 points from areas of training as I thought education is already included in that 6 points?

I'm a bachelor degree of 4 years under section c of areas of training.

So is my breakdown of points correct:

Education: 10 (bach degree)
Areas of training: 6 (section c, to earn 2 from spouse it means his degree should be in section c as well? "No it is not necessary his area of study could in any section for example if his area of study is in Section A then he will be given 4 points, If in Section B 3 Points, Section C 2 points, Section D which is only for Quebec degree 1 point, and Section E 0 point"or it means if I am married even if my spouse's degree belongs to section d I still earn 2 points? " Section D is just for Quebec degrees or diplomas")
Language: 5 (Ielts score 6.5)
16 (french)
Spouse: 6 (bach degree and age)
So from here I already have 59 points, I didn't include experience yet since I'm not sure if I can claim points for it as I'm self employed.

Is this correct? If ever they won't accept my experience I can still claim points on education? or not?" Having a minimum experience is must I think, but others inputs are also required")

Also does the score of 16 for french, 8 for speaking and 8 for listening, what level in delf is it?" DELF C2" which is usually given for a native speaker and reaching to this level one needs to know Perfect french"

thanks

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@ snow

I think your target of getting 16 points for the French language is way too unrealistic for now since as you have mentioned you are just starting to learn French.

Please visit this website: www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en. This is the official online preliminary evaluation for immigration in Quebec. It can help you a lot in deciding whether you should push through with your application.

@ shersta

Good luck with your exam! I didn't continue with modules 3 and 4 in AFM. I think I'll take another class or two if ever I pass the CSQ though. Maybe you can give me some tips after you've completed the exam! :)

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
snow said:
I see I guess I only have 49 points without children and financial sufficiency.

What delf level should I aim to get 7 points? Coz at 49 points I put 6 for french so if I'll put it 7 then I could reach 50 points, how about for tef, what is the level or score to achieve 7-8 points?

shersta, are you planning to take french exam first before sending your application?

everything will be counted in initial assessment including children( points depend on no. of children) and self financial( 1 point) except adaptability which will be assessed during interview and the interviewer will give points out of 6 in adaptability..

coolguy001

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
snow said:
thanks! now I get it, so if I aim for 8 in french total, is it delf a2 or b1?
Its Delf B1 4 points each for speaking and listening....

James......