+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

M1972

Dec 1, 2010
Hai,ALL MEMBER

I am as a spouse my wife is a main applicant

I have completed my bsc( chemistry) in April 2011 and i have 6 months experience as chemical technician
so how many point i can get for my education and AOT

sameer004

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2013 Received on ....:17-May-2013 . PER .... -29/7/2013الله أكبر
File Transfer...
02-Sept-2013
Med's Request
07-Jan-2014
M1972 said:
Hai,ALL MEMBER

I have completed my bsc( chemistry) in April 2011 and i have 6 months experience as chemical technician

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/list-areas-training.html

check that link and it will tell you how many points you get. </answer>

I have seen a very big down fall on this thread after the immigration authority proposed IELTS and French test mandate. Guess not many people applying now.

nithin700

Dec 1, 2011
Hello Friends,

I am planning to apply for Quebec Immigration soon and got some strange questions in my mind. If I get the visa does that mean that I have to leave in Quebec or can leave any part of Canada?. Does that will affect the Citizenship processing if we come under Quebec category and living in some other part of Canada other than Quebec.

I know that I am thinking far ahead but would like to know all the possibilities before starting this.

Thanks,
NAX

manjalyprince

Jan 24, 2012
: Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

Hello sir,

My name is Prince .i completed my Bsc nursing.Now i am having the experience of 8 months and i am still working.i acquired the score overall 6.5 in IELTS test.i am 24 years old. i would like to migrate to Canada. Is it possible for me to migrate with this criteria.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi M1972,

Following is the points system for Quebec Immigration - Spouse's Characteristics. Pls see bold text for answer to your query.

The Spouse's Characteristics criterion (which also applies to Common-law/Conjugal Partners) is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.
Up to 16 points are awarded under the Spouse's Characteristics criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

Spouse's Education
Education Level / Points
Secondary school general diploma 1 point
Secondary school vocational diploma 2 points
Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 1 points
Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies 2 points
Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 3 points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 year of full-time studies 1 point
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies 2 points
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 3 points
Master's degree attesting to 1 or more years of full-time studies 3 points
Doctorate 3 points
Maximum 3 points
As per GPI-3-1-Inde, Bachelors of Science for spouse will earn 2 points

Spouse's Area of Training Area of Training Points
Section A of the areas 4 points
Section B of the areas 3 points chemistry is in section B, so you will get 3 points for AOT
Section C of the areas 2 points
Section D of the areas 1 points
Section E, F or G of the areas 0 points

Professional Experience
Professional Experience / Points
6 to 11 months 0 point
12 months or more 0 point
No points for work experience, but you must have atleast 6 months work experience to get the points for AOT in related field.

Notes:

Work experience must have been accumulated during the five years preceding the application date.
Work experience includes remunerated employment and internships, whether remunerated or not.
As an exception, an international student who has received a diploma from a Quebec university or college (or will receive a diploma within 12 months of the application date) does not need to meet the six month work requirement and is automatically awarded 1 point under the Work Experience criterion.

Spouse's Age
Age Points
18 to 35 years of age 3 points
36 to 39 years of age 2 points
40 to 42 years of age 1 point
43 years of age or older 0
Maximum 3 points

Spouse's Language Proficiency
French Proficiency Points
Production Orale A1/A2: 1 point, B1/B2: 2 points, C1/C2: 3 Points
Comprehension Orale A1/A2: 1 point, B1/B2: 2 points, C1/C2: 3 Points

Maximum 6 points
English Proficiency: 0 points: No points given for english proficiency for spouse

M1972 said:
Hai,ALL MEMBER

nithin700

Dec 1, 2011
Hello Friends,

I am planning to apply for Quebec Immigration soon and got some strange questions in my mind. If I get the visa does that mean that I have to leave in Quebec or can leave any part of Canada?. Does that will affect the Citizenship processing if we come under Quebec category and living in some other part of Canada other than Quebec.

I know that I am thinking far ahead but would like to know all the possibilities before starting this.

Thanks,
NAX

gurmeet0729

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Punjab (India)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
9 Nov 2013
Med's Request
1 Mar 2014
Med's Done....
10 Mar 2014
Passport Req..
1 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
hi guys can anyone help me in calculating my points..

my wife wld be d main applicant

diploma in gnm for 3 years
work experience 4 years in govt. hospital
age 25
ielts result 5 bands general
no children

spouse qualification

diloma in multimedia for 2 years
no work experience
ielts 6.5 bands
age 26

sameer004

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2013 Received on ....:17-May-2013 . PER .... -29/7/2013الله أكبر
File Transfer...
02-Sept-2013
Med's Request
07-Jan-2014
nithin700 said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks,
NAX
If you say apply for Quebec and try to work else where It will be a violation on your commitment given. You may not be choose next time for extension etc unless proven grounds which are very valid and supportive data . If they ask you have to come back with data , if you cant may be you will be loosing the PR.

My suggestion is dont think on odd routes . be clear on your thoughts and stick to what you say to yourself or any one. if you apply for Quebec and get PR , be in Quebec. if you are unlucky rest follows ..

Keep records straight and clear !

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hello nitin700 & sameer004,
First step of QUebec Immigration is getting CSQ and then applying for Federal PR ( canada permanent residency), however you are getting this Canadian PR based solely on the CSQ which is given by quebec government to applicants who wish to live and settle in quebec province upon getting Canadian PR. Also applicant when applying for federal PR need to sign a declaration mentioning his/her full intentions to live and settle in quebec upon receiving Canadian PR.

So, once you receive PR based on Quebec CSQ, then you must willingly make efforts to live and settle in quebec province only, however canadian PR gives you rights to live anywhere in Canada, but that you can do only after you have tried all your means and all your efforts of getting settled in quebec are unsuccessful. :)
If you move out of quebec and then your status is questioned, at that time, you must be in a position to prove your point of getting unsuccessful in getting settled in quebec.
Let me tell you one point here, it is relatively easy to get a job in quebec compared to other parts of Canada. Also cost of living is very cheaper in quebec. French language proficiency will be an addedd advantage for anyone living in quebec.
So, if you are applying for quebec immigration, think about all this points before applying.
I wish you good luck for your appliation. :)

sameer004 said:
If you say apply for Quebec and try to work else where It will be a violation on your commitment given. You may not be choose next time for extension etc unless proven grounds which are very valid and supportive data . If they ask you have to come back with data , if you cant may be you will be loosing the PR.

My suggestion is dont think on odd routes . be clear on your thoughts and stick to what you say to yourself or any one. if you apply for Quebec and get PR , be in Quebec. if you are unlucky rest follows ..

Keep records straight and clear !
nithin700 said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks,
NAX

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
Dear Guys,

I have done Bachehor In Chemical Technology from Karachi University from 2002 -2005 , its a four year degree and having following profile;

Qualification : 16 years of Education ( Bs in Chemical Technology)

Experience : Ist Job: 2006 to 2010 as a R & D Chemist ( Textile Auxiallaries) around 4 years 2 months and 2nd Job : around 2 years from 2010 to till now as an Asst Technical Sales Manager ( Textile Auxiallaries)

Englisgh Language : 6.5 in Listening and 6.5 in speaking

French : Delf A1 ( speaking 22 /25) and listening (21/25)
Delf A2 ( Speakingg 22/24) and listening (12.5/25) recenetly results are innounced by AFK.

Co : Pakistan

Please advise about my total points, i am going to fila case this month.

regards

Ahmed

manjalyprince

Jan 24, 2012
My name is prince Francis .After post secondary school education i completed my Basic Nursing for four year, as a full time. Now i am working as a staff nurse in Emergency and trauma care .My age is 24years old. I am single and i achieved overall 6.5 in IELTS . my doubt is that is it necessary to achieve basic knowledge in french?in addition to that is it possible for me to start processing of migration without French?Is French is mandatory for migration to Quebec?i am having only 8months experience in emergency and trauma care after the completion of my graduation.In IELTS i got listening 7,reading and writing i scored 6,and in speaking i achieved 6.5.I n french i don't have basic knowledge in listening and speaking.

I am expecting your kind reply as soon as possible.Thanking you

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ambi and other Senior / Star members,
I have results out for DELF A1 and A2. I have passed both the tests. Following are the marks which I got in listening and speaking :
Listening : 12.5 ; Speaking : 12.5 (DELF A1)
Listening : 12.5 ; Speaking : 14.0 (DELF A2)
Can you please help me about number of points I will get by these marks?
I have read somewhere in this forum that marks greater than 16 are required for claiming 3 points. Can someone please send me link (official immigration website) for break-up of points for the same ?
Please please help me.....
Thanks in advance.

Abhishek

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Ambi / Still hope / visa expert please help me.
I want to apply for QSW. Following is the detailed information.

IELTS speaking : 6 bands, listening : 8.5 bands. overall 7.5 bands.
French :
I have results out for DELF A1 and A2. I have passed both the tests. Following are the marks which I got in listening and speaking :
Listening : 12.5 ; Speaking : 14.0 (DELF A2)

Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree)
Work experience : 4.5 years

My wife profile:
Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree)
No French language proficiency.
No Work Experience.

No relative in Quebec. All the education is from India. No kids.
Please tell me whether we qualify for Quebec or not ?
If not, from which area we can / have to score points ?

A very very thanks to all.

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
aabbhhii said:
Hello All,
Ambi / Still hope / visa expert please help me.
I want to apply for QSW. Following is the detailed information.

IELTS speaking : 6 bands, listening : 8.5 bands. overall 7.5 bands. 3 +2 = 5
French :
Listening : 12.5 ; Speaking : 14.0 (DELF A2)2

Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree) 10 + 6 = 16
Work experience : 4.5 years 8

My wife profile:
Education : Bachelor in Engineering for Civil (4 years degree) 3+3 = 6 ( hope she did her degree with in last 5 years )
No French language proficiency. better start learning
No Work Experience.
hope u have enough funds then u can add 1 more point
No relative in Quebec. All the education is from India. No kids.
Please tell me whether we qualify for Quebec or not ?
If not, from which area we can / have to score points ? French and have a baby are these two areas where u can improve more points

You are eligible to apply now.

good luck

A very very thanks to all.

pony

Oct 24, 2011
Vietnam
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
NOC Code......
5124 --&gt; 1123
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
Overall 8, sent with application
Hi there! Do any of you know of any case in which the CSQ is offered only by applications (selection sur dossiers), i.e. without having an interview? Does it always happens if you have enough points (57 for single and 63 for couple)?

I sent my applications late October 2011 to BIQ Hong Kong. I got 59 points only with that. I will have my DELF B1 and B2 results next week. I believe I will gain at least 8 points, while I only need 4 more to meet the "selection sur dossiers" requirements.