+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

Quebecgo

Mar 28, 2011
Hello all,

I have a MBA (got a year ago) from a top US university and no French knowledge. more than 5 years of experience in Business Management. My evaluation says I might be selected. I would like to know whether I can apply under "business management" field (as it say bach 3 years - my bachelor is in economics) and do I have a chance of passing with 0 French knowledge (though I am planning to take French courses in the coming months).

Also, if passed maximum how long the processing takes?

Thanks in advance.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello quebecgo

yes i am also mba from uk and i also applied under mba its not problem, but you have to count other factors like age, and secondly if you dont have any french knowledge its all right before apply take a addmission in french class (may be alliance francais) and send your addmission receipt with your application.

If you think you are eligebile then go for it.

stillhope

Quebecgo said:
Hello all,

I have a MBA (got a year ago) from a top US university and no French knowledge. more than 5 years of experience in Business Management. My evaluation says I might be selected. I would like to know whether I can apply under "business management" field (as it say bach 3 years - my bachelor is in economics) and do I have a chance of passing with 0 French knowledge (though I am planning to take French courses in the coming months).

Also, if passed maximum how long the processing takes?

Thanks in advance.

kashif24

Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Even I am an MBA and have done my Bachelors in Business Management so I believe I will get 12 points for my masters and 12 for business management. Am I right? :-\

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@kashif,

You will get 12 points for your masters degree and 6 points for your business management study.

kashif24

Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quebec2011 said:
@ kashif,

You will get 12 points for your masters degree and 6 points for your business management study.
@quebec2011
Thanks for your reply
Regarding the points for area of training i did my evaluation on the official quebec website and for business management i had a choice of (dcs) which would give me 12 points as per the list of areas of training. Also i did not get an option of bachelors of business administration so i believe it should be 12. Please clarify.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@kashif ,

No there is bachelor of business management in the list so you have to find it , DOC is for diploma, Yes diploma is in the preferred list of training, but not bachelor of business management. Bachelor of business management has 6 points.
link,
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Page number 5/16, Left column and second paragraph.Business Administration (Bach. - 3 years) 6points PA, and 2 points accompanied applicant. This is for foreign degree if your degree is from quebec then it is another story.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
:'(thanks Quebec2011 to clear me also

Stillhope
:) :)
3]
@ kashif ,

No there is bachelor of business management in the list so you have to find it , DOC is for diploma, Yes diploma is in the preferred list of training, but not bachelor of business management. Bachelor of business management has 6 points.
link,
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Page number 5/16, Left column and second paragraph.Business Administration (Bach. - 3 years) 6points PA, and 2 points accompanied applicant. This is for foreign degree if your degree is from quebec then it is another story.

[/quote]

kashif24

Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@STILLHOPE
@quebec2011

Hi guys sorry to bother you so much but I have got another doubt as per the official website I have seen the in quebec the bachelor of business management or administration is done after 16-18 years of studies whereas we do our MBA after 15 years of studies so I believe the MBA might be considered under business management(DCS) what do you guys think?

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What's the country that issued the diplomas? Check Annex 4

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@KASHIF,

No if your degree is a foreign degree then you get 12 marks for your masters and 6 points for your bachelor of business management irrespective of what they have in their mind.

@stillhope,

You are welcome.

kashif24

Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_696_ said:
What's the country that issued the diplomas? Check Annex 4
Thanks for the Info _696_ the country is India and MBA has 12 points for it.

Thanks quebec2011 and STILLHOPE. :D

kashif24

Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Could you help me on this,
I do not have a birth certificate and in my passport my birthplace is given as Mysore based on my Class 10 marks card and transfer certificate. However I want to know whether there is an alternative for the birth certificate like my class 10 marks card and transfer certificate.
Also I would want to know more about the methods of payment
- Certified cheque (international or drawn on a Canadian bank);
- Canada Post money order;
- Bank draft or international money order;
As I have no previous experience in paying money through these modes internationally.

Thanks

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@kashif,

Try to get your birth certificate from the concerned authority but if you couldn't let them know in writting about why is it missing because it is important document.
regarding payment method you can make DD from any Indian nationalized banks but before making DD ask the bank concerned that it should payable in Quebec of Canada. I have account with Bank of INDIA and they made DD for me.

peso

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quebec2011
any new bro, just not heard anything from this people hope they have us in there mind.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@peso,

No news bro to be honest I am very bored now...I know many from Damascus office and having file number same as ours and they are called fro interview and their interviews are going to be held in the month of May 2011, but in case of ours no news.

I read in a post few days ago that one guy who has file number of July 2010 from HK office has been informed that he is in waiting list and will be informed about the date of interview soon. I think they are going to schedule our interview in the month of May or June but that also depends on other factors. You say something what shall we do?