Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caribgrl55,

No problem! I also question if all offices follow this procedure because some people have the required points for the passing score and still require an interview. I think the decision ultimately depends on the immigration officer reviewing your application.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grrrr..... That's what keeps people paranoid in this process! We just have to keep the hope alive and encourage each other :)

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hi guys,

I live in Toronto and I had applied for CSQ and sent my file on 31st of January( documents took 3 days to arrive there) this year and got my file no. on 10th February by letter in mailbox. Then in June I received another letter from them telling me about my name/number is on their waiting list for being Interviewed by Visa Officer at New York. I had mentioned level 3 in French which is Basic French level on my Application Forms that i have sent to them and then in August I sent to them my official DELF-A1 result card. Till date i didn't hear anything from their side and 9 months are going to be pass since i applied for CSQ and like of any normal person i'm worrying about it. What do you suggest me in this case. Also, If anyone of you know that in which way most probably one receives the Interview date from Quebec Immigration? Do they inform us through CALL or send us e-mail or send us letter in regular mail ::)

Thanks

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sher-Singh,

That seems like a long time to wait to be called for an interview especially since you're in Canada. If you look on their website below, it says that If you have submitted an application for immigration before this date (January 2010) and your file is complete, you should have been called for a selection interview.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/processing-times-table.html#amerique

Maybe you should contact them?

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
quebechopefull said:
Sher-Singh,

That seems like a long time to wait to be called for an interview especially since you're in Canada. If you look on their website below, it says that If you have submitted an application for immigration before this date (January 2010) and your file is complete, you should have been called for a selection interview.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/processing-times-table.html#amerique

Maybe you should contact them?
thanks quebechopefull, but as i told i sent my file by post on 31st January 2010 and they obviously received my file in first week of February and started to work on it, but what i think , in that link it tells that those persons should have been called for a selection interview who applied their cases BEFORE January 2010. But in my case they received my file in February ::) ::)....what do you think the case would be?? thanks man

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey Quebechopeful,

Just checking in, it's been a while since my last post so I just wanted to say hey and that I'm not a stranger.

Ok, so here's a little re-cap.

a. Sent papers through an immigration lawyer to Quebec govt. on July 15, 2010.

b. Recieved AOR letter on Sept. 7 2010.

c. It is now October 20.

So, here's a question, so what happens now? What are we waiting for? (And please don't misunderstand me, I'm not being sarcastic, just curious that's all)

What are some other experiences? How long did some applicants from the US had to wait until they heard wether or not they needed an interview? How long did they have to wait for the interview? Thanks in advance everyone!!!!!!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sher-Singh,

I'm not sure what you should do in your case. Maybe check with other Canadian and US members here who may applied around the same time as you, and see if they've been called for an interview.

Concorde411,

Welcome back! Now we have to wait for the 2nd AOR which informs us if our file is complete and to wait for a decision or whether or not we've been selected for an interview). I've asked other members and they state that they received the AOR 3 months after receiving their initial AOR.

I'm hoping that I hear something in December. Since we have the same timeline, let's keep each other informed. This waiting game is killing me............................. ;D

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello quebechopefull
how are you doing wish everything going great with you ... you remember me?? I sent more than Q before here in the forum about the points of area of training cause it was complicated for me and you and other guys told me it's according to the person who will review you application if you want to take it go a ahead ... actually I wanted to go to the adventure and sent my application to Montreal last sept 23 and waiting for AOR .. and I wrote a post to share the timeline for the people who applied from Canada (outside Quebec) maybe you saw it ..I discovered actually Quebec Government treal all the files from Canada but outside Quebec as it is sent from USA even the interview will held in NY office ( that's was strange for me actually) but any ways it will be great to share our timeline as we are in the same area of time ,,you are welcome and the guys who applied from USA to our post too

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey Quebechopefull!!!

Thanks for the quick response and for the warm welcome!!!

I remember you stating that our timelines are very close, when did you apply and get your first AOR letter?

Also, with the 2nd AOR letter, what exactly happens? They will tell us wether or not we will be accepted for an interview? On what conditions would we not be qualified for an interview? Generally how long would it take to get an interview after 3 months of waiting for the 2nd AOR letter?

You and me both, this waiting is killing me too!!!!
Thanks so much for your help!!!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sasa80,

I'm doing good. Yes I remember you, so you finally applied? Thank you for your update and looking forward to joining the Canadian thread of applicants. You're right that Quebec treats Canada(except Quebec) and US applications the same. I wish you all the best and success in your application.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Concorde411,

My application was received by Quebec on July 19, 2010. I received first AOR on September 7, 2010 and the letter was dated September 3.

The 2nd AOR will inform you of the following:

1. You file is complete and wait for a decision (usually this letter means goods news that CSQ will be sent in the mail)
2. Your file is complete and you're in line for an interview
3. Your file is incomplete, please send additional documents within X days.
4. You don't meet the passing score, please submit additional supporting documents within 60 days or face rejection.

This is my understanding from reading other people's posts and Quebec website (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/selection-process/index.html ), so anyone, please correct me if i'm wrong. I would prefer option 1, but my French is basic:)

The waiting period for interview date could be anywhere from 1-5 months I think. Yet, another long waiting period.

If this is not a test to our patience then I don't know what is:) Happy waiting................

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebechopeful

I would prefer option 1 as well.... But I've come to realize that we do not always get what we want in life ;). I feel almost like an impostor in this thread because I'm not a US applicant. I hope you guys don't mind. I like reading all I can from other people applying to Quebec. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Carbgirl,

Our thread is your thread! After all we're all in pursuit of the same goal - CSQ! If you don't mind, where are you applying from?

We just have to hope for the best. We may try and predict the outcome but unfortunately it's not in our hands right now. A lot of faith, prayer and patience. I'm hoping for a miracle in my mailbox though:) It's always good to dream.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm from St. Lucia, so I'm going through the Mexican embassy for CSQ then the Trinidad embassy for the federal part if I get that far ::)

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey Quebechopefull,

Wait one second, did I hear you correctly?

Did you say we have to wait 1-3 months or more just to get a letter telling us whether or not we have an interview date and then after that we could wait between 1-5 months for an interview? Is that wait time just for the date for an interview or the interview itself? So that means that we have to wait close to a year after we submitted our application just for an interview?????

On what grounds would you not need an interview?

Also Quebechoepfull, I'm from NJ in the USA which means I'll have to go to NYC for the interview. I also heard that the Quebec office in NYC is closed for most of the year because Quebec doesn't have the funds to keep it open so they have to fly a immigration agent there periodically with flies in their hand and they will stay in the Quebec office for a few weeks or maybe a month or two at a time so process interviews and base decisions. I think that's why it takes so long for an interview.

Where do you hail from Quebechopefull? Any ideas on what exactly goes on in the interview?

Thanks for all your help.