Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmdgreen said:
hello everyone. I don't know if you already read this one or if you already know this, but I saw on one of the thread here under Skilled Worker that Quebec mission to the US will be late January 2011. One of the applicants called the Quebec immigration office and this is what the office said:

Sir, you will receive the exact date of your interview just after Christmas because the next mission will be in late January 2011.
Caregiver interviews will finalize the dates for 2011.

I actually translated it to English.

But, I don't know up to what application date they are going to accommodate, hopefully all the remaining 2010 applicants. lol
Thanks for the update. It seems like normal processing times are now unusually long. I guess I have to add another month to my timeline before I hear from them..sigh.

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey guys, I just read nmdgreen's post. I'm a little confused, what exactly does "...the next mission will be in late January 2011." mean? Does that mean they're not going to give any interview dates until January 2011? I know it's a dumb question but I figured I would ask just so that I'm on the right page as everyone else.

Quebechopefull, I guess you and I both have to add a month to our waiting timeline. We're only a few days apart as to when we mailed our papers. Please keep me posted on your progress and so will I.

Thanks everyone for the great updates!!!! I too will fill you guys in if I hear anything new.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
i got all the work certificate toapply for csq quebec except one. Should i still put that job on my application form even though i won't send the work certificate for it?

The workplace is taking too long to giveit to me. I've been waiting two months now. I can't wait any longer. I want to file for the csq

What are your thoughts?

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concorde411 said:
Hey guys, I just read nmdgreen's post. I'm a little confused, what exactly does "...the next mission will be in late January 2011." mean? Does that mean they're not going to give any interview dates until January 2011? I know it's a dumb question but I figured I would ask just so that I'm on the right page as everyone else.

Quebechopefull, I guess you and I both have to add a month to our waiting timeline. We're only a few days apart as to when we mailed our papers. Please keep me posted on your progress and so will I.

Thanks everyone for the great updates!!!! I too will fill you guys in if I hear anything new.
You know you'll be the first know when I hear from QC. Am glad that we have the same timeline so we can refer to each other.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy said:
i got all the work certificate toapply for csq quebec except one. Should i still put that job on my application form even though i won't send the work certificate for it?

The workplace is taking too long to giveit to me. I've been waiting two months now. I can't wait any longer. I want to file for the csq

What are your thoughts?
Not sure what to tell you. Is leaving out this job from your application going to lose you major points? If yes, I would keep hounding your former employer. Your years of employment will count towards the "employability factor". If you don't have enough points then your application will not make it to preliminary processing.

Do you have a letter of employment that the company gave you when you started the job? I would include this plus any other supporting documentation and explain to them that you couldn't obtain a reference letter. Good luck.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
quebechopefull said:
Not sure what to tell you. Is leaving out this job from your application going to lose you major points? If yes, I would keep hounding your former employer. Your years of employment will count towards the "employability factor". If you don't have enough points then your application will not make it to preliminary processing.

Do you have a letter of employment that the company gave you when you started the job? I would include this plus any other supporting documentation and explain to them that you couldn't obtain a reference letter. Good luck.
I don't know if it will affect the points. I am the dependent (spouse)not the principal applicant.
Also i only spent 3months with this job! They are giving me a hard time to get the document

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy said:
I don't know if it will affect the points. I am the dependent (spouse)not the principal applicant.
Also i only spent 3months with this job! They are giving me a hard time to get the document
Personally, I would leave it out then. 3 months is not that harmful. So long as both of you have the required points, then you're good to go. But, this is just my opinion.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
quebechopefull said:
Personally, I would leave it out then. 3 months is not that harmful. So long as both of you have the required points, then you're good to go. But, this is just my opinion.
Thanks for your opinion

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
nmdgreen said:
hello everyone. I don't know if you already read this one or if you already know this, but I saw on one of the thread here under Skilled Worker that Quebec mission to the US will be late January 2011. One of the applicants called the Quebec immigration office and this is what the office said:

Sir, you will receive the exact date of your interview just after Christmas because the next mission will be in late January 2011.
Caregiver interviews will finalize the dates for 2011.

I actually translated it to English.

But, I don't know up to what application date they are going to accommodate, hopefully all the remaining 2010 applicants. lol

Question, what does that mean? Are they going to give us an interview date after Christmas? Any idea on when we should be hearing from them uebechopeful?

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means that the next interview phase is Jan. 2011. They will also be finalizing interview dates for 2011. Not sure if we will make it to the Jan interview since we haven't received anything from Quebec. But I hope that interviews will be early 2011 for us, if needed. Tired of waiting!

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
Hi to all.

I checked my account online and the CSQ fee was just deducted from my account today.
Hope it turns out good.
Please pray for me.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
sasa80,

did they already charge your account? they charged mine.
I hope you'll get results, too. and to all the other applicants.

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
nmdgreen said:
Hi to all.

I checked my account online and the CSQ fee was just deducted from my account today.
Hope it turns out good.
Please pray for me.
They still haven't charged my credit card! Hopefully in the next few days, then!

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hey guys just an update from my side n gud news is Finally today I got my interview date for 17th February 2011 at New York office :), now I should also have to start preparing for my interview :)

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sher-Singh,

That's wonderful news!!!! Thanks for sharing. The wait is finally over. That gives us a lot of hope. All the best in your preparations and you will succeed.

How did they notify you? phone call, e-mail, or letter?