+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hello concorde411,
to get the CSQ should take about 6-9 months. Me and my husband applied from the US, let me write the timeline below:
DCS received by Montreal Jan-14
AOR issued Feb-06
Wait for decision issued May-31
CSQ issued July-14
We did not attend an interview, our process took exactly 6 months. Neither our education , neither our occupations were in the preferred areas of training. My husband as the principal applicant is advanced in both French and English and we enclosed test results proving that from both TEFAQ and IELTS language tests. For family applicants if you have more that 63 points you are not required to attend an interview, we had 65. Hope that helps. Good luck!

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Ton40,

Thanks so much for your wonderful response!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you and your husband (but I am also very jealous!!!)

Ok, so you were lucky and got your CSQ in 6 months, I hope I too will be as lucky. So what happens to you guys now? Where are you now (status wise)? Any idea "how much longeris?"

Thank you so much for your kind attention and advice.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Concorde,

Thanks for sharing the info on NYC interviews. Makes sense. I'm from Washington, DC. Ton40 is right that it takes anywhere from 6-9 months to get CSQ. We have to consider ourselves lucky because it takes a lot longer for other countries. I'm predicting that we should be hearing from Quebec in December.

What happens during the interview? See below from Quebec website:

Notice to attend an interview: When necessary, the interview serves to complete the assessment process. Most candidates must attend a selection interview with a counsellor from Immigration Québec. If the preliminary review of your application is positive, you will be invited to a selection interview. This notice specifies the date, time and place of the interview as well as the documents you will have to have on hand.

During this interview, the immigration counsellor reviews the information provided in the Application for a Selection Certificate, particularly the information on schooling, work experience and language knowledge. The counsellor also checks whether you have correctly completed the Contract concerning your capacity for financial self-sufficiency. When applicable, the counsellor will explain the importance of this legal obligation and make the necessary corrections with you. The counsellor then evaluates your capacity to settle successfully in Québec and will ask you questions to assess the feasibility of your immigration plans. This evaluation primarily focuses on your knowledge of Québec, the steps you have taken and your personal suitability. The latter two aspects are assessed on the basis of your professional activities.

The selection interview is the ideal time to talk about your immigration plan with the counsellor and to ask questions.

Approximate duration of the selection interview: 30 to 60 minutes.

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Thanks quebechopfull for your detailed and informtive posts it really help

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sasa80 said:
Thanks quebechopfull for your detailed and informtive posts it really help
Thanks Sasa80!! I'm always reading up on stuff and always share what I know..... and in the process, I'm also learning more about the CSQ journey. I'm hoping that people will also return the favor by sharing any helpful information.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
quebechopefull said:
Thanks Sasa80!! I'm always reading up on stuff and always share what I know..... and in the process, I'm also learning more about the CSQ journey. I'm hoping that people will also return the favor by sharing any helpful information.
tnx and sure why not!!

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
It's exactly 1 month since I submitted my CSQ application to Montreal. No news yet. But of course, it's pretty normal. We all have to wait, and things will be sweeter in the end. (BTW, my training/education/training is on the preferred list).

Good Luck to all of us, and Happy Halloween.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my fellow US applicants,

Any updates to share with us? I'm still waiting for the letter from the preliminary process.

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
No sir Quebechopefull, I too am on the same boat. Maybe we'll both hear something this time next month. Good luck!

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
I mailed in my application from the USA in October, delivered to the Ministère on 10/12 according to Postes Canada. I was hoping that by now they would have at least charged my credit card and issued me an AOR soon, but still nothing. Does anyone have any news on their CSQ apps?

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
ekim8587 said:
I mailed in my application from the USA in October, delivered to the Ministère on 10/12 according to Postes Canada. I was hoping that by now they would have at least charged my credit card and issued me an AOR soon, but still nothing. Does anyone have any news on their CSQ apps?
Mine was sent October 1st. No news yet. Have not charged my account yet. I'm really hoping within this month. God bless!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's been 3 months since I received AOR. I hope December will bring some news from Quebec.

Anyone have a diploma in the preferred areas of training?

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
quebechopefull said:
It's been 3 months since I received AOR. I hope December will bring some news from Quebec.

Anyone have a diploma in the preferred areas of training?
I do. I am an nurse.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I was curious to find out how long it takes Quebec to process applications. I decided to call Quebec. I spoke to a very nice lady who gave an estimated processing time of 8 months. As for priority processing she has no idea how fast those applications are processed. Just thought I would share. They don't give information concerning your personal file.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
hello everyone. I don't know if you already read this one or if you already know this, but I saw on one of the thread here under Skilled Worker that Quebec mission to the US will be late January 2011. One of the applicants called the Quebec immigration office and this is what the office said:

Sir, you will receive the exact date of your interview just after Christmas because the next mission will be in late January 2011.
Caregiver interviews will finalize the dates for 2011.

I actually translated it to English.

But, I don't know up to what application date they are going to accommodate, hopefully all the remaining 2010 applicants. lol