+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in Canada (outside Quebec) Timeline

ctapt

Oct 22, 2010
Finally I found you guys !!! It is hard to find any applicants from within Canada and to keep track of the updates.
First of all I have asked the Ministry about the updates of the web-site and they said the update is done every 3 months because there is almost no progress in application processing and it doesn't make sense to update it monthly.
Second, I would like to share my time line which sucks:

Application arrived at the Montreal Office on March 8, 2010
AOR received on April 12, 2010

No progress so far, expecting a miracle to happen :)

Finally good luck to all of you and happy holidays !!!

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Hi All,

I am a Newbie and want to apply under the Quebec Skilled worker program. I need your guidance regarding French proficiency. I have beginners level proficiency of French, so do I need to give any certification of proof with my application or can I simply write an acknowledge letter to them stating my proficiency in french? What should i do? For english I am going to submit my IELTS certificate but would like to get an idea regarding French. Please let me know asap?

Thank you very much!
Harsha

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can provide proof of french proficiency, but if you don't they will eventually ask for it. Meanwhile you can keep improving by taking additional courses and submit additional proof if you want to.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ctapt said:
Finally I found you guys !!! It is hard to find any applicants from within Canada and to keep track of the updates.
First of all I have asked the Ministry about the updates of the web-site and they said the update is done every 3 months because there is almost no progress in application processing and it doesn't make sense to update it monthly.
Second, I would like to share my time line which sucks:

Application arrived at the Montreal Office on March 8, 2010
AOR received on April 12, 2010

No progress so far, expecting a miracle to happen :)

Finally good luck to all of you and happy holidays !!!
All this time you've been waiting for results from preliminary processing? And here I am thinking that I will hear from them this month (I applied in July). I guess I will close this chapter for this year and hope to hear from them early next year. I can't believe that they're taking this long. Ouch!!

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
quebechopefull said:
You can provide proof of french proficiency, but if you don't they will eventually ask for it. Meanwhile you can keep improving by taking additional courses and submit additional proof if you want to.
[/quote

Thank you so much for getting back on this. If you dont mind may I ask what kind of proof did you provide. And if I don't provide anything to them right now with my preliminary application and send them a course certificate later...will that work?

Thanks once again for your advise. I really appreciate it. :)

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
quebechopefull said:

Thank you so much for getting back on this. If you dont mind may I ask what kind of proof did you provide. And if I don't provide anything to them right now with my preliminary application and send them a course certificate later...will that work?

Thanks once again for your advise. I really appreciate it. Smiley

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harsha,

In my case I took the TEF exam and sent them a certificate of my results. My french is beginner so I'm sure that they'll call me for an interview if needed. But I'm continuing to learn.

Yes you can send them your course certificate indicating your level of French later. This is how I've seen some people do it on other threads. Although, it's always better to submit everything at once to avoid further delay in processing. I don't even know if it matters because they're taking a long time to process applications in Montreal.

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
quebechopefull said:
Harsha,

In my case I took the TEF exam and sent them a certificate of my results. My french is beginner so I'm sure that they'll call me for an interview if needed. But I'm continuing to learn.

Yes you can send them your course certificate indicating your level of French later. This is how I've seen some people do it on other threads. Although, it's always better to submit everything at once to avoid further delay in processing. I don't even know if it matters because they're taking a long time to process applications in Montreal.
Thanks so much for the reply, really appreciate it. How much time are they taking on an average to process the applications? Do i have to send my application to Montreal for the Quebec Certificate first and then once that is obtained I need to apply to Buffalo for Federal permanent residency?

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harsha said:
Thanks so much for the reply, really appreciate it. How much time are they taking on an average to process the applications? Do i have to send my application to Montreal for the Quebec Certificate first and then once that is obtained I need to apply to Buffalo for Federal permanent residency?
On average 6-8 months but this timeline has been increased. There are some people who applied early in the year and still have not received an interview date or CSQ.

Where are you applying from? If from Canada/US then you should apply to Quebec and then federal to Buffalo.

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
quebechopefull said:
On average 6-8 months but this timeline has been increased. There are some people who applied early in the year and still have not received an interview date or CSQ.

Where are you applying from? If from Canada/US then you should apply to Quebec and then federal to Buffalo.
Thanks so much for the info! :)

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hey Guys
Finally and after 80 days I received my AOR after they charge my CC last week .. waiting for next :)))

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hey guys gud news from my side as well , Finally today I got my interview date for 17th February 2011 at New York office :), now I should also have to start preparing for my interview :)

ctapt

Oct 22, 2010
Finally sher_singh !!!

I am following your progress because I have applied one month later than you :)
Have fun becoming Canadian !!!! Good luck at the interview !!!!!