Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
mansoorhashmi said:
Dear Egrace62,

I have a question for you if you can answer. I have started my french classes from AF last month, this is a extensive course mean 5 days classes in a week. it will be finished up end of this month. now the question is, i already got the aor from Paris and i think my interview might come after 2 or 3 months time INSHALLAH. if interview will come then i cant be able to send the A1 result becoz French test will be conducted in Dec2011.

So in this situation what would be best way to show them that i got the command on beginners french Level. Should i get a letter from AF as a proof or something else.

and secondly, when i submitted my papers the date was 3 Nov. 2010(received at Paris) and my date of birth is 26 Nov. at the time when i submitted my application my age was 35 years now tell me are they going to count 35 years or 36 years old. ln last your post u told that they lock the age on the date when they receive the papers. so wot do u say about this query.. would i be 35 or 36?

regards,
mansoor
Dear Donsoft, if you can give me the answers of my questions...

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
1. Training
a. Educational Attainment – 12
b. Area of Training – 6
2. Experience - 6
3. Age - 16
4. Language
a. English - 6
b. French - 0
5. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1

Total = 12 + 6 + 6 + 16 + 6 + 0 + 1 = 47

To be able to make the interview, you need to score at least 49 points. You need to study french. If you are able to pass A1 level exam in both listening and speaking, that will earn 1 point each brining your total to 49points. I will rather advise you gun for at least A2 level as this will earn you a total of 6 points bringing your total to 53 which is a very comfortable place to be before the interview. You can include french school registration documents in your application and tick at least level A2 on your form. Gun to sit for the exam before your AOR arrives so you can update your file accordingly. Your area of training is not in the priority list so you are going to have enough time to learn french. As for the English proof, simply get a letter from your Alma mater stating that your degree was taught in English language.

If you have spent more than one year in london then you can apply from there else apply from your home country.

Bonne chance!!!

princesuresh said:
, I really appreciate that you are helping here to many peoples.

I need a help please...Im applying for Quebec Skilled worker Programme.Im giving My details everything,help me how many points i got now already and how many points more i need

Education : Masters (International Business and Management) In London United Kingdom 2011
Education : BTech (Mechanical Engineering (4 years Bachelors in India) in 2008
Experience : 1 year 8 months (Full time) and 1 year (Part Time) Still doing..
Language :{English} Consultancy guys told me IELTS is not mandatory for me,because i have done my masters in English (Is it really require IELTS for me)
Language : {French} Looking Forward to join in any institution (which is required for me)

I have some doubts regarding on this..Please help me, Currently I am staying in London. Which is good institutes for french learning (if u know) guide me please,and fee structure. And which is the better option for me to applying Quebec visa from London or from India .And what about Professional jobs in Montreal for my qualification.
Please help me sir,

Thank you Sir,

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
1. Training
a. Educational Attainment – 12
b. Area of Training – 6
2. Experience - 6
3. Age - 16
4. Language
a. English - 6
b. French - 0
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - n/a
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment - 3
b. Area of Training - 0 (you are supposed to earn 3 points here from MBA but
spouse does not have any experiene and qualification is more than 5 yrs)
c. Age - 3
d. French - 0
7. Validated Job Offer - n/a
8. Children – 4
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1

Total = 12 + 6 + 6 + 16 + 6 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 4 + 1 = 57

You are just on 57 dot which is quite risky. If you loose just one mark, you will not be called for interview. The both of you should try and do beginners level french (A1) at least in order to improve your points a little. This way you will have less points to struggle for at the interview.

Bonne Chance!!!

naxar99 said:
HI
can someone calculate my points please i am still bit confused

MBA (London)
BBA( 3yrs)(PAk)
Age 27
2 years work experience in marketing
English Fluent

French taking admission in beginner course

Spouse
MBA, BBA (16 years PAk ) back in 2005
Experience nil
Age 27
1 Kid Age 2and half

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
mansoorhashmi said:
Dear Donsoft, if you can give me the answers of my questions...

Dear Egrace62,

I have a question for you if you can answer. I have started my french classes from AF last month, this is a extensive course mean 5 days classes in a week. it will be finished up end of this month. now the question is, i already got the aor from Paris and i think my interview might come after 2 or 3 months time INSHALLAH. if interview will come then i cant be able to send the A1 result becoz French test will be conducted in Dec2011.

So in this situation what would be best way to show them that i got the command on beginners french Level - (your french level will be determined at the interview if you are unable to update your file accordingly before the interview ... what was your french level at the time you filed your application? Did you tick any level on the form? Do you need french points to make the interview score?). Should i get a letter from AF as a proof or something else - Well, it may not be a bad idea though if you discover you may not be able to send in a french result before your interview but note that this will not earn you any extra point as they only recognise results from standardised french tests. Does it mean you didn't include any kind of proof for your french level or any document to support your willingness to learn the language at the time of filing your application?

and secondly, when i submitted my papers the date was 3 Nov. 2010(received at Paris) and my date of birth is 26 Nov. at the time when i submitted my application my age was 35 years now tell me are they going to count 35 years or 36 years old. ln last your post u told that they lock the age on the date when they receive the papers. so wot do u say about this query.. would i be 35 or 36? - I am really not sure about this but logically it should be your age at the date they received your application that should be used. Of course people that applied for FSW since 2004 and yet to recieve their visas will not loose points in age since the delay was not their making but that of CIC, i want to believe that same will apply here too. Also, if a particular area of training used to be in the priority list but later removed, it will logically not affect people that their applications were received even a day before the new rule.

Good luck!!!

regards,
mansoor

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
DONSOFT said:
Hi!

Let me first explain the situation.

Consider a Foreign student who has done Masters from the university in Quebec. While he was doing Master's, he applied for Quebec Selection (CSQ)in Regular program – Foreign student in Québec. He was granted CSQ and applied for PR after finishing Masters. The PR application is still in process.

My question is, "How long does he has to wait before he can take admission in PhD?" - (You can apply immediately as the PR application will not interfere with the PHD application in any way) Is there any law which restricts an immigration applicant under skilled worker category to start a new study program? None that i know of

The only disadvantage with the option you are proposing is that you will have to pay International Student fees as against fees for canadian PR's and Citizens. I will suggest you apply for the admission now and defer the program till your receive your PR so you can pay a highly subsidized fees.

Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks!
Thanks a lot DONSOFT for the reply. As far as Fees are concerned, the university where I am applying, PhD students pay the same tuition, regardless of their immigration status. In other words, international students pay the same fee as it is for Citizens.

Below are few links for which I would like to get your opinion.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/after-csq.html

Above link mentions, "The CSQ application is part of a process of permanent immigration as a skilled worker. The CSQ was issued to you based specifically on your capacity and your intention to enter the Québec labour market upon completion of your study program. This assumes therefore that you will not start new full-time studies in the immediate future."

Another link, (I think it is for Fast-track CSQ program, called PEQ, I have not applied in this category)

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/after-csq.html#studies

It says," Indeed, eligibility for a CSQ is based on your intention to enter the labour market following your current study program. Otherwise, your CSQ could be canceled."

At first link, they "assume" applicant will not enroll in new study program. There is no information on how long they will keep that assumption valid.

I am confused :(

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
Dear Donsoft,

You r right i didnt include any proof for french thats y i took admission in AF. i know they only reward numbers if we send them standardize test system.

So, i think i need to send them AF letter to show that i have taken classes and i m pretty much serious about immigration project.
What do you say Donsoft?

Regards, Mansoor

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
I have a question/ need clarification: my wife has a BS in Business Administration. However she graduated more than 5 years ago and has been a homemaker for quite some time, meaning that she hasn't worked in her profession in to claim points for it.

Does she still get the default 3 points as stated in the 2009 Preferred Areas of Training List ("Principal applicant: 12 points Accompanying spouse or de facto spouse: 3 points") or do this points only apply if she meets the same requirements of the principal applicant?

Thanks in advance for any input.

gigianne2011

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Visa Office......
HK /
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanieyow said:
hi.. i just graduated last march 2011.. i have no experience yet but they said that the program is open to all nurses even without experience as long as they obtain the equivalence... those who do not match the equivalence will undergo a professional integration program which includes a 40 days or 5 months training.. have you heard about this??

any insights will be very much appreciated...thanks a lot!^__^
BONJOUR!!!

THATS THE QNP..WHERE YOU FROM? YOU CAN CHECK OR CONTANCT A CONSULTANCY OFFICE YOU KNOW THAT PROCESSES THAT KIND OF APPLICATION FOR THE SAID PROGRAM.. , 5MONTHS IS ABOUT 20OK PLUS FOR THE FEE... IF YOU FALL TO 40DAYS TRAINING YOU'D BE LUCKY BECAUSE ITS FOR FREE.. SINCE YOU HAVE JUST GRADUATED THIS YEAR (NOTE: YOU SHOULD BE A REG.NURSE) , YOU MIGHT HAVE THE 40DAYS TRAINING IN THAT CASE... HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE ENHANCE CONSULTANCY IMMIGRATION? I KNOW A LOT OF NURSES WHO ARE CURRENTLY APPLYING FOR THAT PROGRAMME... =)

avelino

Jul 23, 2011
Hi!
my husband has a few exams to finish for livestock engineer becler 3 years , but he works as a veterinary technician diploma of high school . Will he get points for work experience that is not closely related to a degree, since at the time of application he will get his degree? What is the difference between education, work experience and area of traning? Thanks ;)

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011
Hey Egrace,

My mailing address has come back today in my e-cas status. SO whatever that means, I guess I still have some waiting to do, is that right?

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
Hey Egrace,

My mailing address has come back today in my e-cas status. SO whatever that means, I guess I still have some waiting to do, is that right?
And they didn't reply to my case specific enquiry either. This isnt even funny anymore :(

Walatbe

Aug 7, 2011
Hello Donsoft,

Thanks for your response, i do appreciate it. On my form i ticked beginner 2 for both speaking and understanding. I can proof i lived and schooled in belgium for about 2 years in total but the school was in english although outside the school everyone else communicates in french. I submitted a copy of the post graduate diploma i did in belgium, but did not complete the Masters program and i had to leave belgium. Submitting my admission letter for the M.Sc might not be proof enough or do you think it will. i have a letter from the french school i attended for the beginners class, but i have not sat for any of the french tests. what do you suggest i do. Thanks.

mannemv

Feb 16, 2011
DONSOFT said:
Did you send it to the address below? If yes, then you are on the right track. Infact your application would have been returned assuming you sent it to the wrong office but since it was not returned and also your card debited, it simply points to the fact that all is well with your application.

Direction de l'immigration économique – International
Service Amérique du Nord, Maghreb et Moyen-Orient

Mailing address or by appointment only
Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA
Telephone: 514 873-5760
Fax: 514 864-9221

See the BIQ address below;

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/reach.html

Please note that the Buffalo address is for FEDERAL PR applications and not for Quebec CSQ.

Yes we sent the documents to the address you mentioned and got letter with receipt (creditcard charges) from them that they received.
In april we moved to different apartment and we notified them my new address through fax (twice so far) but we nave not received any confirmation from them... so yesterday again i sent my change of address letter through AIR Mail.

i do see the processing times for USA residents is Feb2011 and my application Date is some time in March..

One thing we are not sure that they sent any further letter to my previous address.., no way to track that one..

is any email address or phone number to contact them to verify the status?

Thank you very much for your response.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mansoorhashmi said:
Dear Egrace62,

So in this situation what would be best way to show them that i got the command on beginners french Level. Should i get a letter from AF as a proof or something else.

and secondly, when i submitted my papers the date was 3 Nov. 2010(received at Paris) and my date of birth is 26 Nov. at the time when i submitted my application my age was 35 years now tell me are they going to count 35 years or 36 years old. ln last your post u told that they lock the age on the date when they receive the papers. so wot do u say about this query.. would i be 35 or 36?

regards,
mansoor
normally the effective l;ock in date starts with applicatn submission but in most cases BIQ does not av proper documentation for that hence they use most offen d date d file got to the officers table.... and pls note that only AGE and Financial Requirements are usually loclked.... AREAs of training are not locked..

avelino

Jul 23, 2011
avelino said:
Hi!
my husband has a few exams to finish for livestock engineer becler 3 years , but he works as a veterinary technician diploma of high school . Will he get points for work experience that is not closely related to a degree, since at the time of application he will get his degree? What is the difference between education, work experience and area of traning? Thanks ;)
Anyone?