App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Congrats Lenny..

itsnaga

Jun 13, 2011
Hi all,

I have a question. I'm in US and my visa is valid till oct 2012. I have applied for QSC in August. I assume that the processing time for QSC to be received by me is 10 months minimum. That is I might receive it by May 2012. After that I have to complete the federal part.
1) I'm an Indian so can I apply to new delhi office if I'm in US at that time? Or should I apply only to buffalo office?
2) If I apply to Buffalo office, the processing time is 14 months so it will take July 2013 to atleast get my PR visa stamped. So definitely I will have to move out of US by Nov 2012. So which is advisable? Going to India and applying for the federal part or apply from here?

I know the journey is very far. But I'm just curious to see if it is worth the wait or search for a job in India next year.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
Dear DONSOFT

I applied in Aug-2010 and at the time of application i was 36+ and now i am in 37+ will my age be counted as per current age or age at the time of application? please advise me what will be my total points and what are my chances?

1. Training Computer Sience
a. Educational Attainment – Master degree from Pakistan 16years
b. Area of Training – CRC Analyst
2. Experience - from Jan 2004 till date ----more than 5 years as CRC analyst but more than six years over all in airline job at the time of application .
3. Age - 36+ but less than 37 at the time of application
4. Language
a. English - Fluent
b. French - Level-1
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - NO
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment - 12 years general///higher secondary education in pakistan
b. Area of Training - with general arts subjects////she is a house wife.
c. Age - 28+ at the time of application
d. French - No
7. Validated Job Offer - NO
8. Children – 4 childern all below 8 years
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – i have enough funds to support for three months.

regards

mazhar

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ Mazharhussaen, fear not. Cos it's ur age as at d time that ur applicatn was receivd that wil b used. There is an operational guildline for this & it's called d LOCK-IN-DATE. by this date, factors like : Age, required settlement fund wil b technically frozen so that they wont change. For instance those who applied last year av a lower settlement fund requirement compared to those of 2011 cos d settlement fund was jerked up jan 2o11 despite this those of 2010 wil nt need to shw d new rquired fund cos there applicatn has been locked before d new increament. So age 36 wil b used in computing ur point

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
Chere egrace62

Merci beaucoup mon ami. vous etes grande!!!

mazhar

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
Dear egrace62

can you please analyise my points from the above table and advise me whether i am eligible or not? i applied in BIQ DAMASCUS and got file number in Oct 2010. since then waiting for further process?

regards

mazhar

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
mazharhussaen said:
Dear DONSOFT

I applied in Aug-2010 and at the time of application i was 36+ and now i am in 37+ will my age be counted as per current age or age at the time of application? please advise me what will be my total points and what are my chances?

1. Training Computer Sience
a. Educational Attainment – Master degree from Pakistan 16years 12points
b. Area of Training – CRC Analyst * your A.O.T is computer science and not 6points
2. Experience - from Jan 2004 till date ----more than 5 years as CRC analyst but more than six years over all in airline job at the time of application . 8points
3. Age - 36+ but less than 37 at the time of application 14points
4. Language
a. English - Fluent 6points * what did u submit as an evidence of ur fluent english
b. French - Level-1 2points
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - NO
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment - 12 years general///higher secondary education in pakistan 1point
b. Area of Training - with general arts subjects////she is a house wife.
c. Age - 28+ at the time of application 3points
d. French - No
7. Validated Job Offer - NO
8. Children – 4 childern all below 8 years 8points
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – i have enough funds to support for three months. 1point

total 63 but since i am not ur reviewing officer, it will be safe to av maybe -3 as margin of error. which leaves u with 60 which is not bad.... but u av ur children to thank for the score... so my advice is that u intensify ur french study cos u are at the tail end of d CSQ process now since u av applied almost a year ago..... and i want to believe ur wife is now a master in french language since u stated she stays at home.... hope she had invested those time to study french?
regards

mazhar

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
Dear egrace62

thanks very much for your analysiz. I am struggling hard to improve my french language skills. although i sent my french skills as level-1 only but my actual skills is more than level-1 perhaps near to uppper bigginer level.
One of the main area which i am preparing in french is to explain my whole CV in french similarly to explain my education in french as well.

My wife know nothing about french as of now. actually i was of view that embassy take my interview only and my wife will not be called for the interview but just to present in the embassy. secondaly i was planning that she will start learing french after I get CSQ. So she would have around one year time to learn french...

But i like your advice and will tell her to learn french as well at least if she can speak up to a basic level that will be fine i believe.

one thing i want to ask dear.
I got a student visa in 2005 for montreal to study in concordia university but i could not go at all to quebec because i could not attain leave from my employer. do you thing this will give me any edge or benefit in my case?

regards

Mazhar

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
Dear egrace62

sorry dear i calculated your red highlighted marks and they are 61 in total.
can you please check if i have missed any thing. what i know is that total i have to make 63 including interview. and these 61 marks are without interview.

Education 12+6=18
Experience 8=08
Languaeg 6+02=08
Age 14=14
Childern 08=08
Spouse 01+03=04
Finance 01=01
Total =61

regards

Mazhar

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Re: (No subject)

@ mazhar, well i really am suprised that u are stil struggling wit french after 1yr & what's even more suprising than ' ur wife even yet to start french even though she's always home' well both of u av no much time again so u'v got to choice than learn it. (2) as per d point yeah it was my error but u are stil fine to make d cut for interview. (3) well i av never attended an interview b4 but i feel if spouse will not b allowd to talk,then d interviewer wil av just asked u to come wit her pictures since they only wil b interestd in her face.OTHERS PLS SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. 4) since u never landed wit the student visa, d visa cannot in anyway boost ur chances. But after getting ur PR Visa, ur Csq wil hlp bring a very significnt reductn in tuition fee..

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
mannemv said:
can i know the link to update or notify Quebec immi about the change of address
Thanks
Vasu
Vasu, it should be the same one where you sent your application to. Make sure you include your file number also in the covering letter.

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
Dear Egrace62,

I have a question for you if you can answer. I have started my french classes from AF last month, this is a extensive course mean 5 days classes in a week. it will be finished up end of this month. now the question is, i already got the aor from Paris and i think my interview might come after 2 or 3 months time INSHALLAH. if interview will come then i cant be able to send the A1 result becoz French test will be conducted in Dec2011.

So in this situation what would be best way to show them that i got the command on beginners french Level. Should i get a letter from AF as a proof or something else.

and secondly, when i submitted my papers the date was 3 Nov. 2010(received at Paris) and my date of birth is 26 Nov. at the time when i submitted my application my age was 35 years now tell me are they going to count 35 years or 36 years old. ln last your post u told that they lock the age on the date when they receive the papers. so wot do u say about this query.. would i be 35 or 36?

regards,
mansoor

Walatbe

Aug 7, 2011
Hello Donsoft, thanks for ur concern, these are what was on my profile

1. Training -------10
a. Educational Attainment – ------ 12
b. Area of Training – Biochemistry B.Sc
2. Experience - ----- 6
3. Age - ----10
4. Language
a. English - 6
b. French - 0
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - 0
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner ----0
a. Educational Attainment - 0
b. Area of Training - B.A Theatre Arts
c. Age - 1/3
d. French - 0/6
7. Validated Job Offer - 0/10
8. Children – 8/8
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1/1

Thanks again donsoft, i am waiting for your advise.