+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Jancymanu

Dec 16, 2019
Hi all,
Me and my husband is planning to move canada. By profession, I am a teacher I did my b.ed and I have 4 yrs experience.my husband is a machine operator and having 4 yrs experience. He did ITI after 10th. If any chances for getting job in Quebec.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hi all,
Me and my husband is planning to move canada. By profession, I am a teacher I did my b.ed and I have 4 yrs experience.my husband is a machine operator and having 4 yrs experience. He did ITI after 10th. If any chances for getting job in Quebec.
I am sorry to say this, but you have no chances of practicing a job in your profession in Quebec. There are mainly 2 reasons

1. Fluent French is mandatory for teaching, moreover your educational degrees will not be accepted in Quebec in particular and Canada in general. You will have a very difficult time getting your degrees recognized and take additional certifications to qualify. If in Quebec, it has to be done in French, rest of Canada is more easier to get your degree recognized.

2. Machine Operator job maybe required for certification in Quebec, your husband will have to write certification in French. But as Quebec is having a labor shortage, they might give this a pass. But then there is the language factor.

Not to discourage you, Quebec is nowadays very anti immigrant and racist (in my opinion as a brown person). You will have better chances elsewhere in Canada. Keep Quebec as your last choice for settling. My golden rule of thumb is, if you are IT, you can find a job in Quebec, any other professions should prefer rest of Canada instead of Quebec.

Now if you want a job to get by, you can get those jobs & live paycheck to paycheck, but it wont be in your profession and wont be paying good salary to get by comfortably. My honest advice for you is to please go somewhere else other than Quebec.

Last edited:

Jancymanu

Dec 16, 2019
I am sorry to say this, but you have no chances of practicing a job in your profession in Quebec. There are mainly 2 reasons

1. Fluent French is mandatory for teaching, moreover your educational degrees will not be accepted in Quebec in particular and Canada in general. You will have a very difficult time getting your degrees recognized and take additional certifications to qualify. If in Quebec, it has to be done in French, rest of Canada is more easier to get your degree recognized.

2. Machine Operator job maybe required for certification in Quebec, your husband will have to write certification in French. But as Quebec is having a labor shortage, they might give this a pass. But then there is the language factor.

Not to discourage you, Quebec is nowadays very anti immigrant and racist (in my opinion as a brown person). You will have better chances elsewhere in Canada. Keep Quebec as your last choice for settling. My golden rule of thumb is, if you are IT, you can find a job in Quebec, any other professions should prefer rest of Canada instead of Quebec.

Now if you want a job to get by, you can get those jobs & live paycheck to paycheck, but it wont be in your profession and wont be paying good salary to get by comfortably. My honest advice for you is to please go somewhere else other than Quebec.

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi all,
There was a message in my Arrima portal
Subject: Update of your declaration of interest
Mrs,
Sir,
We inform you that changes have been made to the
declaration of interest and you are invited to update your file. The
modifications involve the "Consents" section and have the following objectives:
• make your depersonalized employability profile visible to
potential employers so that they can consult it,
information on your level of education, your fields of study, your
work experiences (occupied professions) and your knowledge of
French;
• allow employers who would be interested in your profile to
contact you for a possible hiring process, while
preserving your personal information;
• demonstrate your interest in being contacted by an employer to occupy
temporary employment in Quebec;
• obtain your consent to participate in studies to improve
our services.
The update you are invited to do covers three facets of your
profile:
- your interest in holding a temporary job in Quebec;
- your consent to participate in studies (surveys and groups
of discussing);
- your consent to be informed of the recruitment missions of the
Quebec abroad.
However, note that the choice whether or not to update the section
"Consents" will have no impact on the validity of your declaration
of interest or the possibility of receiving an invitation by the Minister to present
a request for permanent selection.
To update your declaration of interest, you must log in to your
profile on the Arrima platform and follow the steps below.
1. Click on the "..." icon.
2. Then click on the "Update my file" option located at the
right of your declaration of interest in the "My files" section.
3. Make sure to update the section whose pellet is not
green color.
December 19, 2019
- 2 -
4. Finally, save your changes and file the update for your
declaration of interest.
Please receive, Madam, Sir, our best regards.

I understand maybe there should be some changes happened and they are willing to take our consent via updating our profile but then when i checked inside my Declaration of Interested if it is showing DEADLINE OF FILING - 30 MARCH 2020 ( 3 months from today )
Not sure what it is, can anyone confirm??

unjilani

Dec 21, 2019
Hi all,
There was a message in my Arrima portal
Subject: Update of your declaration of interest
Mrs,
Sir,
We inform you that changes have been made to the
declaration of interest and you are invited to update your file. The
modifications involve the "Consents" section and have the following objectives:
• make your depersonalized employability profile visible to
potential employers so that they can consult it,
information on your level of education, your fields of study, your
work experiences (occupied professions) and your knowledge of
French;
• allow employers who would be interested in your profile to
contact you for a possible hiring process, while
preserving your personal information;
• demonstrate your interest in being contacted by an employer to occupy
temporary employment in Quebec;
• obtain your consent to participate in studies to improve
our services.
The update you are invited to do covers three facets of your
profile:
- your interest in holding a temporary job in Quebec;
- your consent to participate in studies (surveys and groups
of discussing);
- your consent to be informed of the recruitment missions of the
Quebec abroad.
However, note that the choice whether or not to update the section
"Consents" will have no impact on the validity of your declaration
of interest or the possibility of receiving an invitation by the Minister to present
a request for permanent selection.
To update your declaration of interest, you must log in to your
profile on the Arrima platform and follow the steps below.
1. Click on the "..." icon.
2. Then click on the "Update my file" option located at the
right of your declaration of interest in the "My files" section.
3. Make sure to update the section whose pellet is not
green color.
December 19, 2019
- 2 -
4. Finally, save your changes and file the update for your
declaration of interest.
Please receive, Madam, Sir, our best regards.

I understand maybe there should be some changes happened and they are willing to take our consent via updating our profile but then when i checked inside my Declaration of Interested if it is showing DEADLINE OF FILING - 30 MARCH 2020 ( 3 months from today )
Not sure what it is, can anyone confirm??

Hello ,I got this same email today to update consent in my declaration of interest which I did and re-submitted. However my declaration of interest is valid upto 23/11/2020 for 1 year from my date of application 23/11/2019.

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
I sent my application on 6th of dec 2019 but still until now I didn't get Any file number from them. Is it normal waiting 6months? Does any one else have the same problem?

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
I have the same pain. Waiting since July and i strongly believe that our applications are on rid or could get a priority treatment than other states once they open and amend that 29 years old quebec canada accord after adopting new reforms.

But, again it seems a lengthy process which requires a lot of resources for a state and feds to do so.
I called them twice once before and once after covid, They were very helpful, my files are there and they even attached a missing file I sent them after, but nothing new about file number ‍♀. I just know that my application is there and it is not lost but nothing else.

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
Did they send you an email with your XEP number saying that it is under prliminary completion check after you called.?
Yes something like that, I called and they gave ma a file number with an X at the beginning saying once all your documents approved they drop the X and activate the real number And email me! Does that means preliminary completion?

Reactions: PetersAdrian

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
hello,

What information to give when i call them because my lawyer handles my file and i also want to call them personally, which number to call and what info to give them to indentify my file

bellatrix

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London - UK
App. Filed.......
28-10-2018
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
IELTS Request
16-04-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
16-02-2020
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys! does anyone here receive their CSQ then processed in federal stage after which got married and added my spouse. Do I need to apply for another CSQ for my husband? When I informed the VO of our marriage they did not ask for another request of CSQ. Im just confused right now. BTW, Ireceived my CSQ 2017, applied in federal 2018 and still on going.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi guys! does anyone here receive their CSQ then processed in federal stage after which got married and added my spouse. Do I need to apply for another CSQ for my husband? When I informed the VO of our marriage they did not ask for another request of CSQ. Im just confused right now. BTW, Ireceived my CSQ 2017, applied in federal 2018 and still on going.
Your husband needs a CSQ if he is applying for PR through QSWP.