NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@khanhnga,

Welcome to this forum

Could you tell me that is it PERM 104 or PERM 401?

khanhnga

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2011
AOR Received.
20-Jun-2011
Hi quebec2011

That is perm 104, the cite is here:

"Subject: Opening of your file
We hereby confirm the opening of your file, and we are sending you an ackowledgement of receipt of the fees for the processing of your application for a Quebec....
Your file is under review......"

Thanks,
khanhnga

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Yes that's your file number or AOR, so they need to go through your certificate and do a preliminary assessment of your file then they will let you know about the results of your file evaluation.

good luck

khanhnga

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HongKong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2011
AOR Received.
20-Jun-2011
Hi Quebec2011,

Thanks a lot for quick response. Hence I can understand that:
1) there will be a preliminary step for evaluation?
2) and normally how long it will take?
3) I will wait for this step before going to study French?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
khanhnga

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
geribubaboy said:
Hey Buddy, it is obvious that they want the original one so they will sign the visa there. They don't care where u work as far as they need them to give you the final grant to your long expected travelling to the dream land.
It depends as far as i have read or heard there are people who have received their PPS after 2 months or more

Rgrd.
@geribubaboy:

Thank you so much but Do u know how long they keep the passports with them?

regards

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
khanhnga said:
Hi Quebec2011,

Thanks a lot for quick response. Hence I can understand that:
1) there will be a preliminary step for evaluation?
2) and normally how long it will take?
3) I will wait for this step before going to study French?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
khanhnga

1) Yes there is a preliminary evaluation of all your documents and certificates.
2) I have been waiting for 8 month and few days now but I haven't gotten anything from them regarding my PA or invitation to interview, so have in min 8-10 months.
3) No you should start learning french and don't waste your time tell you are getting the PA results , because most of the times they are not gonna communicate to anything till they are sending you the letter of interview.

good luck

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
To all,

This thread is strictly for QSW although any input from virtually anyone is appreciated.
WHo has already applied for Quebec?
Who is planning to apply for Quebec?
Hello

I am planning to apply for Quebec Immigration soon but before that i just want to make sure i do have enough points to apply.
Here is the brief description for me and my wife.

Actually i have three degree, so how they will calculate the point?

1) Master in compute science from London (Oct 2005), It was very small college so i am not sure whether its is recognized or not,
If not should i get the point for that or not?

Below degrees are from reputed college.
2) Graduate Diploma in Computer Science (Sep 2003)
3) Bachelor in Electronics Engineering (Jan 2002)

Experience : 3 years
Child : 1 (6 month)
IELTS : 6.5 band over all (French : will learn A1,A2)

Spouse

Education : Electronics Engineer
Experience : 6 years
French : She will learn A1 level

Can anyone help me out ,how my point will be calculated?
Thanks for your help in advance

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
egrace62 said:
Hi Friends, need your expert advice on following.

I recently contacted canadavisa lawyers (David Cohen)after getting their mail and one of the attorney told me that i am not qualified for Quebec skilled worker immigration because i have 3 year Indian degree. I will not be able to apply in any of the province as skilled worker because of that.

I am not sure whether that is true or not. I have filled out preliminary evaluation form on quebec site indicating i have 3 year degree and they said that i am qualified.
I have checked many sites for canada visa for immigration but never read that 3 year indian degree is not valid. Dear JIGS, the immigration lawyer might be right/wrong. the reason being that the indian Education reform of 1980 seems not to be at per with that of Canada/Quebec hence a B.sc degree 4rm Indian does not automatically guarantee 10points for B.sc. B.sc 4rm indian are mostly graded as 6points instead of 10points. the only ones that qualifies for 10points at the B.sc level are those courses that are on p[riority list. u av not provoided us with details. based on ur details d lawyer might be right. but even if he is right, pple here will still suggest u opptions that will make ur file legally qualify. so pls provide ur details. thnks

I am working in USA for last 4 years and i am on H1B visa. not sure if that helps. Please let me know if you or someone you know applied in quebec with 3 year degree and got AOR. Thanks in advance.

Jigs
Thank you egrace62 and quebec2011 for your reply. This is how i have counted my points. Correct me if i am doing it incorrectly.

I have
3 years bachelore's degree in computer application. :10 points degree
for your area of training : 6 points
My age is 28 :16 points for your age
7 years of experience. : 8 points
Wife's 3 year bachelor's degree in computer application : 3 points
wife's training : 3 points
Wife's age 28 : 3 points
Son : 4 points
English (Toefl 90 out of 120) : 6 points
Finance : 1 point
Total without french and adaptability points : 60
French (IF clear a2 then ) : 6 points
French (If clear A1 then ) : 2 points
Wife Clear A1 then : 2 points
Adaptability during interview. out of 6 points : 3 points (Assuming that i will only get 3 out of 6)
Total after french and adaptability can be easily above 63

Let me know if i miscalculated one of the above.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JIGS11 said:
Thank you egrace62 and quebec2011 for your reply. This is how i have counted my points. Correct me if i am doing it incorrectly.

I have
3 years bachelore's degree in computer application. :10 points degree if u had obtained the degree from India, then u wont get up to 10pts. cos of the changes made to d india educational system in 1980. check this link for india degree grading by BIQ http:
//www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_INDE.pdf

for your area of training : 6 points
My age is 28 :16 points for your age
7 years of experience. : 8 points
Wife's 3 year bachelor's degree in computer application : 3 points
wife's training : 3 points
Wife's age 28 : 3 points
Son : 4 points
English (Toefl 90 out of 120) : 6 points
Finance : 1 point
Total without french and adaptability points : 60
French (IF clear a2 then ) : 6 points
French (If clear A1 then ) : 2 points
Wife Clear A1 then : 2 points
Adaptability during interview. out of 6 points : 3 points (Assuming that i will only get 3 out of 6)
Total after french and adaptability can be easily above 63

Let me know if i miscalculated one of the above. safe for the education all others are correct

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
harit79 said:
Hello

I am planning to apply for Quebec Immigration soon but before that i just want to make sure i do have enough points to apply.
Here is the brief description for me and my wife.

Actually i have three degree, so how they will calculate the point?

1) Master in compute science from London (Oct 2005), It was very small college so i am not sure whether its is recognized or not,
If not should i get the point for that or not?

Below degrees are from reputed college.
2) Graduate Diploma in Computer Science (Sep 2003)
3) Bachelor in Electronics Engineering (Jan 2002)

Experience : 3 years
Child : 1 (6 month)
IELTS : 6.5 band over all (French : will learn A1,A2)

Spouse

Education : Electronics Engineer
Experience : 6 years
French : She will learn A1 level

Can anyone help me out ,how my point will be calculated?
Thanks for your help in advance
hi, pls b4 the computation, i will like to know ur field of experience cos all ur degrees are older than 5yrs. hence they wont awrd u mark for education unless u av had experience in any of them within d last 5yrs

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
khanhnga said:
Hello all,

It seems a funny question but fyi, I logged the application on 18-May-2011 and just received AOR today there is no way any applicant can receive AOR on d same date that the AOR was issued unless of course u the applicant shares the same building with the BIQ. hence ur AOR must av been issued b4 yestday. which to me is very fast. What is ur Area of training? u had better started learning French now just as Quebec2011 advised u. ur file might b a priority file. what is ur Area of Trainning?to inform that Visa Office is opening my application and now is reviewing (PERM 104).

I would like to ask your helps to let me know whether that meant my application will be processing and I just wait for the interview, or there is still another evaluation step to verify my application and it could still be refused?

The reason why I asked those questions as if I can ensure that VO will arrange the interview, I will go to study French prior to the interview.

Appreciate for any help.

Regards,
KhanhNga

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@egrace62,

I hope I am wrong but I think He has Filed the application in 18th may and received the AOR in june not one day after filing the application

regards,

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
quebec2011 said:
Yes that's your file number or AOR, so they need to go through your certificate and do a preliminary assessment of your file then they will let you know about the results of your file evaluation.

good luck
Dear Quebec2011, that is what exactly that i am saying. it is very fast. or is that how fast BIQ HK issues AOR? am only trying to find out if he is actually on priority. he may not even av time to learn d french. what do u think?

phunmi

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2011
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
10th May 2011
sorry this is coming rather late. Congratulations egrace62. u av waited so long for this. congrats....

i av sent them BIQ-Paris d requested docs...... so what next. thnks

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Re: (No subject)

Hi egrace,

I thank you for your support and giving me courage.. but pls I need your some more advice on my work experience and area of training.

I completed my M.Sc. in year 2000 and I possess work exp of pharma sales from year oct-2000 till nov-2005. now in this situation, will I be eligible to claim points for my work experience and area of training?

Also What area of training is required if I want to claim points for my work experience in Life insurance from Mar-2006 till date?

I worked in Insurance Sales from Mar-2006 till May-2007 and then I worked in Insurance Training from May-2007 till date.

Thanks in advance.
mkshah

egrace62 said:
@ mkshah, let me put it this way.bcos ur degrees are older than 5yrs, u stand d risk of getting zero for ur educatn & AOT which is abt 22pts.now if this shld happen, there ll b no way to remedy ur situatn. Not even a C2 French result ll do that!!! The only remedy is that u are able to proof dat u av at least 1yr experience in these fields within d last 5yrs . But i really am suprisd hearin u say dat d pharma sales job is nt relatd to chemstry. Are u nt aware of TECHNICAL sales? Do u nt knw dat ur employers at d pharma job did so cos of ur knowlege of chmstry or u think it was a mistake? Do u not knw dat drugs are fine chemicals? Must all chemist work directly wit raw xcals? Havent u seen sales job in québec dat only chemist, biochemist etc dat can apply? D BiQ Guys shld b d ones telling u dat d pharma sales job is nt relatd yl u shld b d one proving to them dat it's related. But look at what we've got. U are now siding with them so who is gonna rescue you? U need a paradigm shift, meet ur 4ma employers u need a letter 4rm them which ll clearly state dat d post u occupied was one dat requires ur knowlege of xtry although human relatn skills are also involvd. Go online for a Healthcare/pharmaceutical job search in canada/ Quebéc & u ll c numerous sales positn dat are open only to chemists,biochemist etc. I also am a chemist withsales experience in Agrochemicals for a brief period thoug.i av nt been 2d lab for a while now but i av proven my case & Csq is my evidence. My main tasj was to laise wit regulatory agencies to ensure dat our xcal pdts are environmentaly safe. I only deal with technical files,documentatn & travellin, wit jaw braking xcal compoumds on paper at least u stil dealt wit physical xcals. To make matters worse for me,my employers rfused giving me descriptn of task letter cos dey felt i was gonna leave them.so i just applied with my employmnt letter, payslips,& confirmatn of appointmnt letters but i also included a cover letter where i explaind what i av done . So my friend it depends on u.