+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

sasi_malia

Jun 14, 2011
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ sasi malia, congratulatns in advance for ur wedding. Cos u are a nurse, ur Csq applicatn ll b priotize hence u ll b through wit dat stage very quick. Ur filing as couple must b such dat u be d principal applicnt by so doing ur excess point ll b able to absorb ur spouses point defficiencies. If u are so bent on submitting now, u may wish to get d court formalities done now so u can get ur marrige certificate. D Certificate is what Biq needs as proof of ur marriage. while other formalities ll still hold in august as planned. I hope ur bi-lingual ability includes both english & french?
egrace62,

Thank you very much for your reply... (thanks for the wishes as well...excited abt that ;D). You highlighted exactly what we were thinking of doing (the court wedding so we can get it registered and obtain the marriage certificate). I am native french speaker and had to learn english when I came here for college, he is a native english speaker and had to learn french at some point, so we speak both. But it seems like we would still have to prove (especially me) my french language competency in order to speed up the application? I do have transcripts and my high school diploma in French but seems like it would be better to take a test and include the results (which is kind of annoying but hey).
Another thing I was going to ask is do I have to spell every single employment I have ever held (especially the non-professional ones through summer) and get a letter from every single ones of the employer even though my main/principal occupation then was "student" ?
Congratulations on the CSQ, I see that yours didnt take that long.
Finally another big question mark. I have my original professional nursing license from the state where I completed my studies as well as in a couple of other jurisdictions, however, I do not have a physical copy of my degree (and I only have unofficial transcripts) because I am still making payments to my school (they would not release anything to me) until I done with payments (I have the documentation sent by them to me to prove it) and my education/transcripts can all be verified directly with them (the only proof I have are my unofficial transcripts as well as letters from professors).
I was thinking of making a certified copy of my unofficial transcripts as well as certified copies of any correspondence sent to me outlining the reason why no physical degree (original or copy) was released to me. I believe that is really all I can do. Any thoughts? Any ideas on how to go about it in a better way?

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010

One more thing, when we evaluated ourselves on the Quebec official website - the results were positive. Do you think the way it gets evaluated on the official website is accurate?

Thanks
Harsha

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
Good day!!

im really confused with the points i will get with the training... i got masters in nursing(42units) + Bach. in Nursing (philippines) do u think i will get extra points for this? or i will just earn 10 points for the level of education??

with regards to the internship.. what if i cant provide an agreement bet. my school and the hospitals i was affiliated? i only have total number of hours (2142) as proof of internship.. got any ideas how many month will i get on this?

"Currently, no selection interviews are being conducted in countries where no month has been indicated." pls help me understand on this quote coz there were no month for interview for Filipino applicants... Does it mean if i wont reach 55 i wont pass CSQ as a single applicant? coz i will only have 52points (rough estimate) im afraid that if wont reach 55 i will fail coz there's no interview date

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ applicante.ph, as per ur educatn, 12pts, while for A.O.T u get 12 also. As per d proof of internship, isnt there any one in d hospital who can vouch for u. U cant just fold ur arms, pls talk to someone in dat sch, tell them what u need, go back to d hospital & talk to some of ur supevisor.as a matter of fact,ur sch has nothing to do wit this cos they must av graded u & included it in ur transcript. So it d hospital's responsibility. To he/she who never ask, d answer will always b No.conquer ur fear & proceed. NURSING has marked u for priority. For ur xperience to b fully recognised it must b at least 30hrs call per week.

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010

laplatto said:
Hi House/Harsha,

This is my 1st time of posting in this forum even though I have joined since 2009.

Let me firstly start by informing the house that my family and I got my CSQ after an interview in accra, Ghana on the 8th of June (same day as Abehola, we were there together) and it was one of the most elating feeling that you could ever have. we are now getting things together to submit the permanent residency application.

To answer Harsha's question

For
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

Residing in USA (0 points)
MBA Finance (12 points - Level of education and 6 points - Area of training in section C)
5 Years of experience (8 points)
English: Advanced, provided IELTS (6 points)
French: basic, no proof provided (0 points, you need proof or you will be called for interview to prove it. With
proof, like french test result you will get 2 points for basic low beginner)

Financial self sufficiency (1 point)

Total for principal applicant 49 points without french or 51 points with basic french

SPOUSE

33 years (3 points)
10years of work exp (0 points)
Engineer ( can't give you point on this unless you mention the actual engineering course studied and at what level)
advanced english (0 points)
basic french (0 points without proof and 1 point with proof which is equal to max of 2 on a scale of 12)
No kids (0 points)

Total for spouse is 3 without french or 4 with basic french with proof.

Therefore you are looking at 52 to 55 points as a couple.

An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 57 points before you can be called for interview to try and acquire the 6 points for adaptability.

in your case you need these
1. A minimum of A1 in french exam for both you and your spouse.
2. Give birth to a child which is 4 points extra or you might be lucky to get twins ;D making the max 8 points for children.
3. Let us also know the degree and the level of study of your spouse to ascertain how many points your spouse will get under area
of training.

regards

Laplatto
Thank you so much!! really appreciate your reply!
regards,
Harsha

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Let me ask you guys about my point estimation, doesn't make any difference as my CSQ file has been open in May, but I'm curious, so:

Level of Education:
3.5 year bachelor degree (full time university) and post-gradutate 3 semesters (310h - weekends, not full-time)

Areas of Training:
Bach in Commodities science in animal production (to make a long story short its about food processing and quality assurance) (graduated Feb 2008)
post-grad in network and servers administration (graduated Nov 2008)

No job offer

Work Experience
1 year as a network administrator (NOC 2281), 10 months as a Inventory supervisor in Toronto (NOC 1215) from January - Information Security Administrator, also 2 months food-processing (labolatory) internships

French Language: minimal - marked 1 and 1 on application, gonna enroll with French course soon, hope to pass A1 next few months
English Language: IELTS 7.5 general

Stay in Quebec:
one labour-day weekend ;-)

Family in Quebec:
Uncle

No spouse, no children

Financial Self-sufficiency signed

Any opinion appreciated , egrace62 - you're the mastermind of this point-estimations ;-)

kms

Jun 16, 2010
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
To all,

This thread is strictly for QSW although any input from virtually anyone is appreciated.
WHo has already applied for Quebec?
Who is planning to apply for Quebec?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ sasi malia, u need not state every experience u av had. 4rm d calculatn i did, with just 6mnths experience i.e 4pts u ll b very ok. Use only ur Nursing experience. As per d french test,although we av always stated on dis forum dat french test is a must, in ur own case u dnt need to take d test cos ur av had ur high sch taught in french which is a testament to d fact dat u av a COMMANDING grasp of french which is quite different 4rm some who enrolld in a french sch to learn french. U did not go to a french high sch bcos u wanna learn french but u went there bcos u understood french so u can afford to break dat rule of a french test that rule but u ll need include a cover letter stating d following: nos of years that u av used french as ur first language of communicatn at: home, play,educatn etc then as a native speaker, french shld b one of d national languages in ur country of origin.all these are points dat shld b included in d cover letter & need i say dat u shld write it in french? As per d hard copy of ur BSN, Get a letter 4rm d registrer of ur sch which clearly state this fact & d letter must contain ur studentship identificatn. d letter must b addressd directly to ur BiQ.d original of this letter must b submittd with ur applicatn yl u keep a 4tocopy. With all these u are good to good to go. Hey hope u av startd d process 4d extensn of ur U.s.A Visa, August is around d corner or u plan travelling home b4 submitting

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ stngr, ur point configuratn ll look like this: educatn 12pts, A.O.T: ? Unknown cos u av stated 3 fields And all d fields u statd came out as different fields wit d ff: pts viz ( commodity science 0, animal productn 0 & food processing & QA 12pts + priority) so i dnt knw which is which. AGE: 16PTS, French A1: 2pts, Exp 24mnths: 6pts, English: 6pts, Visits:0( u need at least 2wks to claim 1pt. F.S.S: 1, uncle: 3pts. With regards to d mastermind of point estimatn, i think we all are cos we all bring our bit to d forum to make a whole.i hope u wont b shockd if ur assignd NOC differs 4rm all these NoCs u av written. It happend to me i was annoyd wen i saw my assigned NoC AS 41222 (university research assistant) as against my normal industrial chemistry

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Thanks man, so that gives 46 without aot, to clarify diploma - faculty is "Food sciences", so if they come this way as far as i remeber it's +6 for food science university training

Hope they won't mix-up my NOC's ;)

Does it make a sense to send them confirmation I'm taking French classes or it will cause only delays?

Btw congrats for gettin CSQ with no interview :cheers:

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
thanks for the reply @egrace62 :) Godbless

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonjour!

Glad to have found this forum. Thanks to wings for starting this! Anyway can anyone help us Calculate the breakdown as were not sure but base on the online test from quebec website its positive nontheless we want to know so seniors please help.... Here our info:

Principal applicant: husband
Degree: bachelor in nursing 4yrs, graduated march 2006
Bachelor in biology 4yrs, graduated march 1999
Exp: work as a nurse in a hospital from 2008 to 2010= 2yrs
3months. Currently looking for a jobs as relocated to
Singapore.
English: advance no ielts but have thr certificate from school that
english is the medium of instruction. But forgot to
include in our application..:(
French: tick 1 for speaking, written, listening. Started taking
Alliance francais lesson for begginners.
Children: 1 son (2yrs old)
Spouse: 32
Degree: bachelor in pharmacy
English: provided cert from school that english was the medium
Instruction.
French: same as above...
Work: 4yrs as QA.

Summitted: march 25,2011
AOR: may 7, 2011
BIQ: HK

Any idea anyone is greatly appreciated.

Merci!

A

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
a said:
Bonjour!

Glad to have found this forum. Thanks to wings for starting this! Anyway can anyone help us Calculate the breakdown as were not sure but base on the online test from quebec website its positive nontheless we want to know so seniors please help.... Here our info:

Principal applicant: husband
Degree: bachelor in nursing 4yrs, graduated march 2006 10+12 Points
Bachelor in biology 4yrs, graduated march 1999
Exp: work as a nurse in a hospital from 2008 to 2010= 2yrs 6 points
3months. Currently looking for a jobs as relocated to
Singapore.
English: advance no ielts but have thr certificate from school english is the medium of instruction. But forgot to
include in our application..:( 6 points, you should have included that certificate in your application but still you can send it, and don't forget to mention your file number in the cover letter.

French: tick 1 for speaking, written, listening. Started taking Alliance francais lesson for begginners. 2 points??? but they might need a proof to indicate that you have started leaning french or any attested certificate

Children: 1 son (2yrs old) 4 points
Spouse: 32 3 points
Degree: bachelor in pharmacy 3+0 points
English: provided cert from school that english was the medium
Instruction. 0 point
French: same as above...1 point
Work: 4yrs as QA. 0 point
financial self sufficiency 1 point

Summitted: march 25,2011
AOR: may 7, 2011
BIQ: HK

You have very good chance of being selected and also your file is prioritized to yours is not gonna take longer than 1 year.

good luck

Any idea anyone is greatly appreciated.

Merci!

A