Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Thank you all for your good wishes!!.....

I ll keep posting... my experiences

Shahi

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Shahi said:
Hello All

People as for the Landing experience i landed in Montreal on the night of 30 May * PM local time ater a 21hrs journey..really tired!..At the immigration counter the immigration officers were very nice n the process in quite simple..u ned to carry ur
1.Passport
2.CSQ

In the Aeroplane u need to fill ur Carte de Decralation or u could fill it at the airport! They will ask approximate value of the goods u r carrying. They will give a form which is valid till ur PR card arrives in 4-6 weeks.

Weather is a bit Hot 31Degree Celsius!..Local ppl tell me its damn Hot for them.

Today i went to service Canada and got my SIN number. Got my account in TD bank and my OPUS bus card(unlimited travel card..cost me 78.75 CAD for a month)...People are so nice... i had got lost in Montreal n coincidentally met my Bank manager ..Lovely lady...she dropped me all the way to our places!!....

Experince so far so good!!..BTW i m staying at my Uncle's place. Now I have to find job...temporarily as i want to study further...Guys its worth it

Good luck to all of u!!

Shahi
Hi Shahi,
Congrats dear for your visa and safe landing.
Tuhadi navi zindagi layi bahot wadhiyan.
Wish u a wonderful life ahead.

KAMMAR

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Iceberg7 said:
Thank you all for all your wishes.

Stillhope,
Thank you :)

Am going!,
I'm an ICT engineer. I have not take any courses (DELF/TEF), so I don't know exactly what my level is. But I've been in french college since early age.

Kammar,
He asked me whether I contacted L'Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, which is the organization that grant licenses to engineers to practice their work (if needed).
Of course if they feel that won't live in Québec they would reject your request.
If someone does not want to live or has no interest in Québec, why does he/she apply for it on first place and except Québec government to accept and "select" him/her?!!

Best of luck everybody.
I think you are an IT engineer. Is there any license for IT engineers to work in Quebec or Canada? I thought IT doesn't think kind of thing? Please explain to me as I'm an IT engineer as well.

Thanks,
-K

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
hi Egypt2011, yes you can land 1st and then your family can follow later.

Egypt2011 said:
Hi All

I would like to know if I got the immigration visa (inshaallah) can I travel alone first to settle in Quebec then ask my familly to come or we have to travel altogether considering I'm applying for me as a principle applicant, my wife and two children of 4 and 1 years old..

thanks so much :)

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
@vibez_well

Thank you so much :)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HI HOUSE, HERE IS SOME THING THAT I FEEL SOME OF US MIGHT NEED COS APART 4RM THE FACT THAT vISA OFFICES ADOPTS THIS METHOD, BIQ_OFFICES ALSO DOES ADOPT IT. SO TAKE NOTE.

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This write-up was originally written by Qorax to explain aw the federal processing goes, am just saying that it also holds true for our applications to BIQ too

Canada 2011

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
Iceberg7 said:
Toutes choses concourent au bien de ceux qui aiment Dieu.
Bonjour à tous..

D'abord, excusez-moi d'être si tard à envoyer les détails de mon entrevue.
Je vous dis en vérité que j'apprécie vos voeux et prières.

Mon entrevue avait prevue pour le 26 mai @ 15:00
J'ai atteint le centre un peu tôt et j'ai trouvé deux couples en attente de leurs tours.

Ils étaient tellement nerveux et stressés, essayant de mémoriser beaucoup de choses.
Ils étaient au point d'exporter leur stress pour moi, mais heureusement ils ont été appelés pour leurs entrevues et m'ont laissé tout seul dans la salle d'attente.
Alors, j'ai commencé à écouter de la musique à surmonter leur effet destructif!

Après une longue attente (plus d'une heure), un de deux couples est sorti.

Et puis le conseiller a appelé mon nom.
Je lui ai suivi doucement jusqu'à la salle d'entrevue.

Mon entretien a commencé à 15:20 (20 minutes tard que c'est prévu.)

L'introduction est la même que vous savez tous ..

Premièrement, j'ai été interrogé sur mes visites précédentes au Canada. (puisqu'elles étaient principalement à l'Ontario)
Cela lui pose des spéculations que je n'ai pas l'intention de rester au Québec.

Alors, je lui ai dit simplement que j'ai soumis une demande de résidence permanente au Québec, alors je vais y vivre si je réussirais.

Il a commencé à me poser des questions sur mes études (géni) et mes preuves d'expérience (les atestations et cetificats d'assurance sociale) et demandé de les vérifier.

Il m'a demandé si j'ai des offres d'emploi.
Alors, je lui ai montré quelques offres spécialement celles des entreprises ou j'ai travaillé et celles des autres entreprises bien connues au Québec.

Il m'a demandé si j'ai contacté l'OIQ, alors je lui ai montré l'email.

Un des offres que je lui a montré est de mon employeur au Canada, mais à Vancouver.
Alors il a pris comme une intention de ne pas vivre au Québec.
Encore une fois, j'ai simplement répondu que je sais bien que cette offre n'est pas au Québec mais je voulais tout simplement lui montrer que mon domain d'expertise est bien en demande.

Puis il a vérifié la section de langue dans ma demande et m'a demandé pourquoi je régler mon niveau de français en tant qu'intermédiaire.
Il m'a dit qu'il trouve ma langue est si forte, et que mon niveau est avancé!

Puis, il m'a demandé ce que je sais du Québec , alors qu'il imprimait les documents..!!
Alors je lui ai dit ce que je sais à l'égard du system politique et judiciaire Québecois et les résultats de l'élection fédérale, de plus ceux du Québec.

Alors il m'a dit "vous savez sûrement que vous avez été accepté ...."

J'étais tout à fait muet!!!!

Et bien, finalement le CSQ est à moi!

Mon entretien a duré jusqu'à 15:55 (35 minutes seulement!!!)
L'interview a été entièrement en français.
Il n'a pas demandé a verifier mes diplômes/certificats!

Mon conseil à vous est d'être «honnête» et «détendu»
Cet entrevue pourrait être votre meilleure expérience non seulement une entrevue de sélection.

Bonne chance à vous tous.

Que Dieu vous bénisse.

Puisqu'il s'est attaché à Moi, Je le délivrerai; Je le protégerai puisqu'il connaît mon Nom.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ICEBERG7

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
HI all

another question please I didn't send ILETS I just send an old TOEFL and old Alliance too

I'm very worried because I didn't attach new certificates in my initial application

what do u think about this status, although I'm very good in both English and French
I want to know how do they give me points for my language proficiency if there is no certificates??

Suggestions please

regards..

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
Helloooo :)

Any body here !!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ egypt2011,, usually, language attestatn shld not b more than 2yrs old. For d old certificates, ur language point ll b given but on a provisnal basis. D allocatd point ll b fully sanctn if they are able to prove that d knowledge u acquird then is sufficient & relevant to 2days world and this can b done either by asking u 2provide a more recent attestatn or by testing ur language skills( french specifically) @ interview. Only ur Case RO LL b able to tell which of these 2ways he ll prefer cos it's solely @ his/descretn. Hence u may wish to rtake any standard french test incase d RO asks for it. And if d RO ll dmand interview i knw u wont b as scared as i would b cos u are Good in French.

VipulGarg

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
Egypt2011 said:
HI all

another question please I didn't send ILETS I just send an old TOEFL and old Alliance too

I'm very worried because I didn't attach new certificates in my initial application

what do u think about this status, although I'm very good in both English and French
I want to know how do they give me points for my language proficiency if there is no certificates??

Suggestions please

regards..
I think attaching New Documents will always be helpful. But, still attaching your old certificates prove your Skills.

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
@ egrace62:

Thank you so much ..

so I got that the language proficiency will be depending on the interview ..so waiting :)

@ VipulGarg:

Thank you so much..

really I'm planning to go through the TEF and my spouse as well but I'm waiting for the AOR so that I can send additional documents with the file number as reference..

I calculated my points and find that I have 57 points without any points in the languages for me and my spouse

Schooling 10
Training 6
Experience 8
Age 16
Language En
language Fr
Spouse Schooling 3
Spouse Training 2
Spouse Age 3
Spouse Language
2 kids under 12 8
Finance 1

so hopefully they gave me and my spouse those 6 points ..
Pray for me :) :)

VipulGarg

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
Egypt2011 said:
@ egrace62:

Thank you so much ..

so I got that the language proficiency will be depending on the interview ..so waiting :)

@ VipulGarg:

Thank you so much..

really I'm planning to go through the TEF and my spouse as well but I'm waiting for the AOR so that I can send additional documents with the file number as reference..

I calculated my points and find that I have 57 points without any points in the languages for me and my spouse

Schooling 10
Training 6
Experience 8
Age 16
Language En
language Fr
Spouse Schooling 3
Spouse Training 2
Spouse Age 3
Spouse Language
2 kids under 12 8
Finance 1

so hopefully they gave me and my spouse those 6 points ..
Pray for me :) :)
All the best

mbqsw

Jun 4, 2011
Estonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody

I'm just new and started reviewing the official website to get information on how to start my Quebec application

so here are my questions and also some points that I'm sharing
(I already posted this on another thread but then I realized it's an old thread)

I would really appreciate it if anyone can answer and guide

1) if you do a self-assessment on the official website, even with the minimum level of French (level 1) you'll pass
but from what I've heard and read on forums I know that they might reject you if you're french is not as strong as the consular (interviewer) wants!
my question is *:
- Can I submit my application right now and improve my French while I'm waiting for the interview?
This is to speed up the process, start it asap in order to make most of the time and also not to fall into risk of immigration criteria change
I saw on this forum that people have waited for a year after their application submission to receive their CSQ. so it's enough time to learn more French
- Is it mandatory to submit a French proficiency certificate (TEF) along with your application... and before the interview?

2) How do they evaluate your language proficiency to award you marks for that?
I mean for both for English and French
there's nothing about this on official website that would say for example: average ielts score 6.5 means advanced English, therefore you'll receive 6 points

3) during the last 5 years I have 4 years of related work exerience. it's because I'm studying MS now so I stopped wokring 1 year ago
from self-assessment I guess I will be qualified
but I couldn't find any information on how many years of work experience they need, and how old this work experience could be
please also give me some information that

4) 2009 LIST OF AREAS OF TRAINING, each section has two columns:
first "PART I - Foreign Degree"s and the other "PART II - Quebec degrees"
1 Québec degree or equivalent.
what do they mean by equivalent?
do any of us have the opportunity to make our qualifications equivalent to Quebec's?

5) Does this diploma fall under a Mutual Recognition Agreement (e.g., the France-Québec agreement)?

from my own evaluation , if I learn good enough French I will be accepted
but it's good if you take a quick look at my profile (below):

my education and work experience are both Computer Science - Software Engineering
Bachelor of Science
6 years of work experience
31 years old
single , no children
no relatives in Quebec
French: just started learning
English: IELTS 7.5

I hope all your applications will process quick and without problems

best,

Mehrdad