+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

KAMMAR

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Congratulation Ice,

I have some questions. What do you mean by:

"Il m'a demandé si j'ai contacté l'OIQ, alors je lui ai montré l'email."

Also, I live in Canada now, how this affect your interview. I mean, showing your intention not to stay in Quebec.

Thanks,
-K

wowsaint

Jun 23, 2009
Shahi said:
Hello All

People as for the Landing experience i landed in Montreal on the night of 30 May * PM local time ater a 21hrs journey..really tired!..At the immigration counter the immigration officers were very nice n the process in quite simple..u ned to carry ur
1.Passport
2.CSQ

In the Aeroplane u need to fill ur Carte de Decralation or u could fill it at the airport! They will ask approximate value of the goods u r carrying. They will give a form which is valid till ur PR card arrives in 4-6 weeks.

Weather is a bit Hot 31Degree Celsius!..Local ppl tell me its damn Hot for them.

Today i went to service Canada and got my SIN number. Got my account in TD bank and my OPUS bus card(unlimited travel card..cost me 78.75 CAD for a month)...People are so nice... i had got lost in Montreal n coincidentally met my Bank manager ..Lovely lady...she dropped me all the way to our places!!....

Experince so far so good!!..BTW i m staying at my Uncle's place. Now I have to find job...temporarily as i want to study further...Guys its worth it

Good luck to all of u!!

Shahi
Dear Shahi,
Good to hear from you and the experience you are sharing is encouraging for us. Keep posting. I am in process of consolidating all of my documentation. Need to take guidance from you on few things. If you feel okay kindly drop me an email at wowsaint(at)hotmail.com
God Bless you,
Regards,
Khalid

VipulGarg

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
KAMMAR said:
Congratulation Ice,

I have some questions. What do you mean by:

"Il m'a demandé si j'ai contacté l'OIQ, alors je lui ai montré l'email."

Also, I live in Canada now, how this affect your interview. I mean, showing your intention not to stay in Quebec.

Thanks,
-K
He asked me if I contacted the OIQ, so I showed him the email.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@shahi,

It is really encouraging to read such kind of motivating posts. Thanks for sharing your experience.

heartyharry

Jun 2, 2011
Hello friends...

Pls tell me how to apply for quebec....workpermit or ...PR....and what is the best one to apply..and if someone knows entire procedure...pls ...tell me i really need 1st step to last...step of the procedure..pls...respond me...
thnx to all...for making this kind of ...easy life...for simple person...
Harry

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for all your wishes.

Stillhope,
Thank you :)

Am going!,
I'm an ICT engineer. I have not take any courses (DELF/TEF), so I don't know exactly what my level is. But I've been in french college since early age.

Kammar,
He asked me whether I contacted L'Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, which is the organization that grant licenses to engineers to practice their work (if needed).
Of course if they feel that won't live in Québec they would reject your request.
If someone does not want to live or has no interest in Québec, why does he/she apply for it on first place and except Québec government to accept and "select" him/her?!!

Best of luck everybody.

Myroyce

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Apr 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11 Apr 2011
IELTS Request
NA
@ Iceberg congratulations buddy!!! good luck on the next chapter and you're more closer to achieving your dream. :D

@ Shahi good luck on your job hunting as all of us is sure it will be piece of cake for you. ;D

for both of you thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

god bless us all!!!! ;)

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
@ Iceberg7, congratulations ... wishing you all the best as you proceed to the last lap of your journey ...

@ Shahi, wishing a very successful integration into the Quebec society,

@ all May God help us to achieve our dreams

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Hi heartyharry !

The 1st step is to go through this site (given below). This is the bible ! everything that you need is in here and in a very simple fashion.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

select your country of residence, that will take you to the associated processing office site (India, south asia is serviced by BIQ, Hong Kong) and then go to the section for the process to apply for a CSQ (certificat de sélection du Québec / Quebec Selection Certificate) and take it from there.

Take up an evaluation & chk if you qualify!
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/informations/evaluate-online.html

we'd be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have ! here is another useful link.
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

gud luck !

heartyharry said:
Hello friends...

Pls tell me how to apply for quebec....workpermit or ...PR....and what is the best one to apply..and if someone knows entire procedure...pls ...tell me i really need 1st step to last...step of the procedure..pls...respond me...
Harry

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Visit the official immigration website of the Government of Quebec (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/) for detailed information. Also evaluate your chances of been selected using the site below;

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

heartyharry said:
Hello friends...

Harry

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Iceberg7 said:
If someone does not want to live or has no interest in Québec, why does he/she apply for it on first place and except Québec government to accept and "select" him/her?!!
you're right iceberg, but there are plenty of reasons why people who have absolutely no interest in settling down in quebec apply for a CSQ. the primary reason is that its seen as a backdoor entry to Canada. no caps, no profession lists/NOC restrictions.

the evidence of this is all over this forum and other forums as well....pointed queries like how long they have to hangaround in quebec before they can move to other provinces etc !! sad but true :(

ofcourse the govt realises this and now it seems this is treated as immigration fraud and such ppl stand the risk of having their PR revoked. This is being done not just for quebec, but for ppl who get in thru other PNP programs and rush to other provinces.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Congrats iceberg.
Your French skills are splendid :). I had to hold a dictionary to understand it fully....!!Ok, good luck

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Shahi, nice to hear of your experience.

Keep it coming. Hope you find yourself settled soon.

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
Hi All

I would like to know if I got the immigration visa (inshaallah) can I travel alone first to settle in Quebec then ask my familly to come or we have to travel altogether considering I'm applying for me as a principle applicant, my wife and two children of 4 and 1 years old..

thanks so much :)