+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

snow

Apr 12, 2011
I'm currently gathering all docs for qsw, I don't know any French yet and will enroll to a language center and enrollment details and submit my receipt together with my application, but I'm wondering what will I put under French proficiency? is it none at all or can I put it moderate?

also just to confirm, high school diploma is not needed right?
how about photocopy of ielts result would it be ok?

Thanks a lot for any help

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Bad news, I did not score enough points - but I do not know my points breakdown
with them either. Google translate below:

Since you have not reached the threshold of the gate passage selection of
Quebec, but that obtaining the diploma for which you are currently studying you
would achieve this threshold, we suggest that you complete your studies in order
obtain the degree of research and improve your score and the factor of
schooling.
It should be noted that obtaining your degree does not guarantee that your case
will automatically be accepted, especially if other characteristics of your
application should change in the meantime.

I was then given 1 year from date of this later to submit proof of completion of Masters degree.

Im confused. So obtaining my current degree will make me meet the threshhold but
at the same time they say its not a guarantee that the case will be accepted;
can someone shed more light?

One more thing, I waited one year before I got this letter. So if I submit
Masters degree result I have to wait another 1 year to hear back? What is the
waiting time to hear back after submission of docs?

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ quebec2011 , thanks for your wish and reply.

yeah, you are right ,patience is the key for QSW program but I wish as u have already waited for almost 6 months you will soon hear some good news abt. your interview.

regards,

Yogie

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
chibiks said:
Bad news, I did not score enough points - but I do not know my points breakdown
with them either. Google translate below:

would achieve this threshold, we suggest that you complete your studies in order
schooling.

I was then given 1 year from date of this later to submit proof of completion of Masters degree.

Im confused. So obtaining my current degree will make me meet the threshhold but
can someone shed more light?

waiting time to hear back after submission of docs?
chibiks
if i were u i would submit the degree as soon as i finish it.. Dont worry abt further decision or processing time.

Shahi

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
chibiks

I also second Shahi, just submit ur degree and leave the rest to GOD. everything will be fine buddy, and ur patience will come out to be fruitful !!!!!!!

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
STILLHOPE said:
;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) :D :D :D :D

To all my forum friends / Well wishers

Good news after 4 months , BIQ Paris charged my credit card today and hope I receive my aor very soon.

Thanks to every one for their wishes.

Stillhope
hmmmmm its really a good news and i believe our terns r going to start..... very soon

all the best

Masoor

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
Hi seniors,

Please let me know which courier service is being used by BIQ Paris normaly. becoz i have feeling if mine bank draft has been cashed on 25th feb. then probably my letter must be on the way or with courier company. if someone knows about it may be i can go to DHL or fedex myself to inquire...

Rgds,
Mansoor

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mansoorhashmi said:
Hi seniors,

Please let me know which courier service is being used by BIQ Paris normaly. becoz i have feeling if mine bank draft has been cashed on 25th feb. then probably my letter must be on the way or with courier company. if someone knows about it may be i can go to DHL or fedex myself to inquire...

Rgds,
Mansoor
they use regular courier service and not the likes of Fedex,DHL etc bcos of the associated cost. what they do is to laise with the national postal agency of each applicant's country. so if ur national postal agency are very efficient u sure will get it. in my experience with BIQ paris, i got a letter that was sent june 21st on august 21st but this cannot b d case with all applicant.it depends on the efficiency of the postal agency of the destination country

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chibiks said:
Bad news( why not see it as a good news that is pending at least u still av a life-line ur case is not an outright rejection, I did not score enough points - but I do not know my points breakdown
with them either(pls can u provide ur details so we can give a likely analysis of ur case. Google translate below:

schooling.

can someone shed more light? ( since i do not av ur details, the answer can be either of yes or NO.bcos first u need to av an idea of what ur score is.the reason for this is that u will b able to determine stage at which u av been rejected.i will assume the ff: Age ( 18-35)16points, Education( B.Sc) 10points, Experience( 6-23months) 4points, french Delf A1) 3points, English 6points,financial sufficiency 1points.total: 40points
if ur case was rejected at stage 1, then am sorry ur case will still not fly.bcos the difference in mark btw ur B.Sc and M.Sc is just 2marks. so assuming u were dropped at stage 1, if u now submit ur M.sc, the 2points it will add to ur score wil b sufficient to push u to 42points which is the score for acceptance into stage 2. but at stage 2, if ur point did not increase to 49, ur file will b rejected again as not meeting the entry point for the last stage which is the out-right issuance of a CSQ or an interview. this above analysis is based on the assumption that ur age is btw 18-35, thierby giving u d max 16points, so if by now u are 35yrs, that means in a year time the point u av been awarded for age will av to reduce by 2points. hence cancelling the effect of ur M.Sc. also ur french attestation will b void by then so cos its validity is one year.
stage 1: applicants must get 42ponts 2b accepted to stage 2
stage 2 applicant must increase score to 49 2b accepted t stage 3
stage 3: applicants with 55points get CSQ those with 49-54 are called for interview
the stages is only for single applicant
waiting time to hear back after submission of docs?( no u wont av to wait that long again cos ur case has already been assigned to a RO. so all u will need do is to write ur individual reference nos as well as file nos on ur the envelop. also the letter that was sent u will carry the name of the officer handling ur case. append is/her name on ur envelope by so doing ur file will b spared the queue.just make sure u do not exceed the stipulated one year.
more questions in this regard is welcome, am sorry i am only trying not 2b too lengthy with words so as not to bore u though this is already too lenghty.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Merci mes amis

engrace thanks again for your wishes,hope you will get your medical request very soon.

montreal 789 yes dear its really a sigh of relief, other wise i was thinking they receipt case or not until i know that they took money from my account.

mansoorhashmi i feel we will get our interviews in almost same time, lets see what happend

waiting for next step from biq Paris
je suis tres heureux

stillhope

phunmi

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2011
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
10th May 2011
hello all,am a first timer here :). u guys are doing a yeo-mans job in here.and guess what its for free. it kinda make me belief we really can move beyond racism. stillhope. shahi,wings... et tal keep up the good work
well, i sent my application to paris yesterday ( special thanks to egrace62 who took time out of his busy schedule to help me put 2geda my documentation.) from zero french knowledge i was able to clear B1 after second attempt though and now i am more fluent than egrace62 who encouraged me to learn french ;D. guys keep up the good work. since i knw next to nothing about the process, i may not b posting but i surely will b reading :D

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
egrace62 said:
they use regular courier service and not the likes of Fedex,DHL etc bcos of the associated cost. what they do is to laise with the national postal agency of each applicant's country. so if ur national postal agency are very efficient u sure will get it. in my experience with BIQ paris, i got a letter that was sent june 21st on august 21st but this cannot b d case with all applicant.it depends on the efficiency of the postal agency of the destination country
Hi Egrace,

i went to national postal office (uganda Post) and they gave me a very strange story according to them they dont deliver any post on phyisal address. they deliver only those post who have P.O.Box numbers. if any post comes without p.o.box they send them back where it comes from. unfortunatly i dont have any p.o.box number. and even immigration (Quebec) people they dont entertaine p.o.box number they need phyiscal address. i have a feeling if they sent me any post definatly they sent them back to paris office.

Plz let me know what should i do in this situation.

mansoor

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@mansoor,

I think you should contact your BIQ either by FAX or E-mail and let them know about this problem and ask them to send You AOR by e-mail or FAX, that's what most of the BIQ Damascus Applicants are doing and it is giving good result too.

Good luck.

P.S: Don't forget to mention your complete name and also attach the bio page of your passport for convenience because you still don't have your File number.

Canada 2011

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
Really Good news..... I am waiting as well

STILLHOPE said:
;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) :D :D :D :D

To all my forum friends / Well wishers

Good news after 4 months , BIQ Paris charged my credit card today and hope I receive my aor very soon.

Thanks to every one for their wishes.

Stillhope

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
snow said:
I'm currently gathering all docs for qsw, I don't know any French yet and will enroll to a language center and enrollment details and submit my receipt together with my application, but I'm wondering what will I put under French proficiency? is it none at all or can I put it moderate?

also just to confirm, high school diploma is not needed right?
how about photocopy of ielts result would it be ok?

Thanks a lot for any help
If you put moderate you need to back up your claim with any French language certification like DELF or TEFAQ. Also, a High school diploma is needed and a photocopy of your IELTS exam would be sufficient provided that it is notarized.

Good luck!