Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5/2016
LANDED..........
Waiting for visa
akvarium said:
Hi,
Has anyone had the experience with withdrawing Quebec application?
I wroto to them saying that I want to withdraw my application, and they told me that I have to call them. I called on the number given, however the automatic machine does not give any option of withdrawing application. It is about students visas, sponsorship visa, etc. But, there is no option of pressing a number for Quebec Skilled workers or similar.
Please share experience if you know anything.
When did you apply?
Why do you wanna withdraw?

akvarium

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
I applied in July, 2013 and nothing so far. I also applied under Federal Skilled worker and I am at the last stage of my process. So, I don't need this QSW and I want my money back before they start processing it.

Newjwel

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sep 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5/2016
LANDED..........
Waiting for visa
akvarium said:
I applied in July, 2013 and nothing so far. I also applied under Federal Skilled worker and I am at the last stage of my process. So, I don't need this QSW and I want my money back before they start processing it.
HeheheheHehehehe Hehehehe,
I'm sorry for laughing out soo loud.
"I want my money back before they start processing it" is making me laugh.

If you already have your AOR,
They won't refund you.

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
I cant understand why I cant get my interview all now. it is sooo painful

Newjwel

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sep 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5/2016
LANDED..........
Waiting for visa
kanarf said:
I cant understand why I cant get my interview all now. it is sooo painful
Relax dear,
Its coming.
I understand how you feel.

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
Newjwel said:
Relax dear,
Its coming.
I understand how you feel.

I really hope so

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
akvarium said:
No refund after the charge. You may choose to withdraw your application though -- i guess they can send back all your documents by snail mail.

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sha123456 said:
It was his foreign tax returns that were rejected. But ironically 1 of 4 tax returns were accepted and 3 were refused... It doesnf make any sense at all. Also to start with they didnt provide any specific formats to follow...

Is it possible to have some FaceTime with them so that the situation can be explained?
is he confident enough about his document was in correct format? If so he batter go for administrative review.

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
I am in Montreal and the file that I sent from India is in process and I am not sure of its result. So, can I one file a new application from Montreal again, when one file is already in process from a different country. Please let me know. I don't mind paying fee for the new application. In the Application for Selection Certificate – SKILLED WORKER there is a section 10 which says "Have you ever applied:"
"For permanent immigration to Québec?" in which do i have to select "Waiting for a decision" and file a new application. Kindly suggest me people.

makaz

Apr 9, 2015
Dear All,

I had been requested to provide some additional documentation within 90 days by Quebec immigration office. I have provided all the requested documents within the specified timeline but they have sent me an email stating that my application has been rejected due to the following:
"You have not provided all the required documents Or in the required format. Accordingly, we reject your request A selection certificate, as required by the Act respecting immigration to Québec."
They have attached a .pdf that shows one of the provided documents i.e. the proof of social security contributions or proof of income tax return, has not been in the requested format. TThere is no more details about it.

I would like to know:

1. how I can submit an appeal and keep my file open so I can provide the document again.
2. If anyone knows what they are referring to by "required format" ?

Please help. Below is my application time-line

Category........: QSW
Visa Office......: Montreal
App. Filed.......: Nov 2013
AOR Received.: Apr 2014
Doc's Request.: Jan 2015
Doc's submitted: Mar 2015
Rejection letter: Apr 2015

Thanks

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
@ makaz, you are not alone. I have read from this thread (since last year when i joined here) other applicants also experienced rejection due to income tax proof.
Please check: if the document you provided is original/notarized copy (with original official stamps), and if it's issued by a government body -- income tax proof provided by employers are not accepted; copies, neither.

makaz

Apr 9, 2015
Miumiu said:
@ makaz, you are not alone. I have read from this thread (since last year when i joined here) other applicants also experienced rejection due to income tax proof.
Please check: if the document you provided is original/notarized copy (with original official stamps), and if it's issued by a government body -- income tax proof provided by employers are not accepted; copies, neither.
@Miumiu, My income tax documents are issued by government body. Also out of 4 years of income tax documents, they have accepted one year docs( which was paper based tax return) and rest three years (which was electronic based tax return) they rejected. I believe because of different formats of tax return they got confused.!!

desperaux_0101

Feb 13, 2014
Hi, does anyone here pls help how long would an administrative process before a decision takes place. Thank you.
I hope you can enlighten me

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
makaz said:
@ Miumiu, My income tax documents are issued by government body. Also out of 4 years of income tax documents, they have accepted one year docs( which was paper based tax return) and rest three years (which was electronic based tax return) they rejected. I believe because of different formats of tax return they got confused.!!
Electronic based ones....even though these are considered "original" in your home country, they are not considered "original" by them. This is why they rejected those documents. When you added your documents (and this opportunity comes once only), you should have 1) notarized the electronic based documents, 2) (if couldnt notarized) written up a letter explaining the system had been upgraded in ur country and you could only get electronic documents now, etc....

Right now, you may choose go through administrative review, but note that they stated in their website and the document checklist too (i think): something like this, not original words: any discrepancy between their requirements and the documents format you provided may result in rejection... In this case, they require the original/notarized copies income tax proof, and they have considered what you provided as just copies.

What is your home country? Other successful applicants from your home country can also help you figure out how to get the correct documents.

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
I am in Montreal and the file that I sent from India is in process and I am not sure of its result. So, can I file a new application from Montreal again, when one file is already in process from a different country. Please let me know. I don't mind paying fee for the new application. In the Application for Selection Certificate – SKILLED WORKER there is a section 10 which says "Have you ever applied:"
"For permanent immigration to Québec?" in which do i have to select "Waiting for a decision" and file a new application. Kindly suggest me people.