12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
Hey guys,

I have returned to this forum after a long time and good to see people still posting and indeed sharing knowledge to resolve each others issues. I was wondering if somebody is in a similar situation and guide me in the right direction?

I have applied to QSW in Sept 2012 and received my AOR in May 2013 informing that my file has been opened but I fall under the non-priority application. By the way I am a civil engineer (NOC 2131) with just 49 points with no French at the time of my application. Only recently i got to know that I will be further assessed under the new rules. I back read the comments/experience of some of the people but could not figure out a few things.

During the time of my application civil engineers were non-priority applicants, however, now civil engineers are included under the new rules. Now as my application will be assessed under the new rules:

1. Will I receive extra points as Civil Engineers are now classified under the new rules?
2. Will I now be treated as a priority applicant automatically?
3. Achieving B2 is tough, however, would A1, A2 or B1 add weight to my application?

Many Thanks!!!

ledoux

Sep 20, 2012
Hello Guys,

I have just read almost all posts and I think someone can help me. Please can someone tell how long does it take to the BIQ to add my wife on CSQ and I don't have any clue, I have got married last March 2013 and I updated my visa center in the UK but I didn't know that I have to update BIQ as well. I did inform only my visa center (LVO), right now I am very confused and very sad Sad Sad because my wife and I we have done everything regarding to federal part (Medical exams, visa fee paid) but 2 months ago I received an email from LVO asking me to send my wife CSQ as well in order to finish the background check, I was speechless Shocked Shocked Shocked
Besides, I was given 60 days Shocked Shocked

I look forward to reading from you!!

Many Thanks

I sent all docs required to the BIQ about 2 months ago, but no answers yet :eek: :eek: :eek:

the bobosnk

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ROME
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JULY 2014
AOR Received.
17 SEPT 2014
tubelight said:
Hey guys,

I have returned to this forum after a long time and good to see people still posting and indeed sharing knowledge to resolve each others issues. I was wondering if somebody is in a similar situation and guide me in the right direction?

I have applied to QSW in Sept 2012 and received my AOR in May 2013 informing that my file has been opened but I fall under the non-priority application. By the way I am a civil engineer (NOC 2131) with just 49 points with no French at the time of my application. Only recently i got to know that I will be further assessed under the new rules. I back read the comments/experience of some of the people but could not figure out a few things.

During the time of my application civil engineers were non-priority applicants, however, now civil engineers are included under the new rules. Now as my application will be assessed under the new rules:

1. Will I receive extra points as Civil Engineers are now classified under the new rules?
2. Will I now be treated as a priority applicant automatically?
3. Achieving B2 is tough, however, would A1, A2 or B1 add weight to my application?

Many Thanks!!!
1. Will I receive extra points as Civil Engineers are now classified under the new rules? Yes you will receive 6 points for CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY COLLEGIAL LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING, 12POINTS UNIVERSITY LEVEL
2. Will I now be treated as a priority applicant automatically? IF The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate). If this is not the case, the candidate must have legally practised for at least one year, during the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, a profession directly related to the diploma obtained and for which he or she is being assessed.
3. Achieving B2 is tough, however, would A1, A2 or B1 add weight to my application?level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded.

the bobosnk

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ROME
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JULY 2014
AOR Received.
17 SEPT 2014
doc.ss said:
Hey guys. i am new in this ;D I don't even know if i am eligable for Quebeq immigration or not. can someone please tell me.. i am a senior in pharmacy school and i will fill the immigration application in about 3 months (right after i graduate) .so no work experience . i will be applying as a single. my score in IELTS was 8 . my french is good but not perfect , but i am working on it.. also when i apply i will be 25 years old. is it ok to apply if you don't have any work experience ?! and what should i do to improve my points?
EDUCATION: 10
AOT:0
EXPERIENCE: 0

LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: FRENCH: O( I ASSUMED YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANY STANDARDISEd TEST FOR FRENCH WHICH IS THE ONLY MEANS YOU CAN HAVE POINTS ) ENGLISH:6 (ASSUMPTION)
RELATIVES AND STAY IN QUEBEC: 0
SPOUSE: 0
CHILDREN:0
FINANCE:1
TOTAL POINTS EARNED 33 POINTS
49points for single candidate , 57 for couple, so 33 is not enough

As per my calculation you are not eligible, my advice will be for u to write french exams and aquire atleast 1 yr experience to increase you chances of being selected

Disclaimer: this is solely my opinion and thus not accurate and has no legal base do not depend on it to make your immigration decision ;D

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
megoman said:
are you sure about that ? to be honest it was always known that you cannot apply for both programs!!!
Hi,

I have not expressed individual view here in the forum I got this information by the certified immigration lawyer from universal immigration. I doubt,have you read my previous posting in detail?

Dreamer2014

Apr 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 January 2015
Doc's Request.
10 August 2015 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
21 April 2015
AOR Received.
8 July 2015
IELTS Request
13 May 2015
Med's Request
8 August 2015
Med's Done....
20 August 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
5 December 2015
I am having 6.5,5.5,6.5,5.5 in ILETS are they very low for QSW
but I'm having B2, C1 in TCFQ

any opinions??

the bobosnk

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ROME
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JULY 2014
AOR Received.
17 SEPT 2014
Dreamer2014 said:
I am having 6.5,5.5,6.5,5.5 in ILETS are they very low for QSW
but I'm having B2, C1 in TCFQ

any opinions??
what are the other factors example level of education aot age?? your language proficiency is ok

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply. If I may ask, Did you do DEP in a public school (commission scolaire) or private college like College CDI etc.?

stacyluv7987 said:
If you are bilingual (English & French)you should have no problem finding jobs.
I was very lucky ;) i found a job right after my stage. Some of my classmates did trouble finding jobs, so not 100% guarantee. ;)

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Hello All, I am new to this forum, just wanted to share my experience so far. I applied for my CSQ in April 2013 via the BIQ Mexico, and my application was returned in August due to incomplete documentation (I forgot to check two boxes ::)). I resubmitted in September 2013 and received my AOR via email on November 27th. So now I am just waiting....

dreamcan2014

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Hello everybody,
spouse, if our point is not sufficient, then within how many days our file will return? I have submitted my file on 21st Feb-2014 till then there is no news.

bluereef

Apr 17, 2014
MALDIVES
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 18 2014
Dear Dreamcan2014,
Read "Orichy"s post just above your post. He had been in similar situation. If points are not sufficient for both you then Y do u try as couple? Let the principal applicant try and get through. later the other spouse can join!!

dreamcan2014

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
New Dehli
bluereef said:
Dear Dreamcan2014,
Read "Orichy"s post just above your post. He had been in similar situation. If points are not sufficient for both you then Y do u try as couple? Let the principal applicant try and get through. later the other spouse can join!!
my question is , If points are not sufficient then, will they return your file in one month or two months? or immediately after one or two weeks?

bluereef

Apr 17, 2014
MALDIVES
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 18 2014
Dear Dreamer2014,
In order to get points for language skills.
IELTS should be minimum 5.0 in each band and both Academic/general are accepted for QSW. (For FSW only General is accepted)!!!
For French minimum level B2 is must, from which the points are awarded!! Ur IELTS level is eligible,good luck!

dreamcan2014

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
New Dehli
bluereef said:
Dear Dreamer2014,
In order to get points for language skills.
IELTS should be minimum 5.0 in each band and both Academic/general are accepted for QSW. (For FSW only General is accepted)!!!
For French minimum level B2 is must, from which the points are awarded!! Ur IELTS level is eligible,good luck!
Hi,
In IELTS i have 6.5 bands, which i have already sent with application. For french i am learing now for A1 level. I heard that French score is not compulsory. French is only required to survive in Quebec. Because in Quebec they speak french only.

bluereef

Apr 17, 2014
MALDIVES
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 18 2014
dreamcan2014 said:
my question is , If points are not sufficient then, will they return your file in one month or two months? or immediately after one or two weeks?
Oh!! I think yr file is still on queue. Once it gets its turn and if they find points are less then immediately they will revert to U mentioning the reason and giving the time frame from where u can increase points. It's my guess bro.