bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quebec2013 said:
There are three solution:-

1. Ask your courier company not to deliver and return you back the packet if it is not reached to Quebec visa office.
2. Call on help line and tell your situation (you can get number and contacting person from this forum) if your documents reached
3. Send missing form with cover letter and attach a copy of other forms + copy of shipment receipt (visa office could trace your application from this)
solution 1 is the best imho

ezaz

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2012
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
Major Changes to Canadian Citizenship Act Announced Today

Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today revealed plans for comprehensive reforms to the Canadian Citizenship Act. These are the first major reforms to take place since 1977. The changes are part of Bill C-24, which has yet to be passed by Canadian Parliament.

The Act is being reformed to address citizenship issues on a number of fronts. In its overhaul of the program, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is seeking to make the following changes:

1. Introduce legislation that will streamline the overall program;

Reduce the application review process from three steps to one step, thus speeding up processing
Increase citizenship fee applications from $100 to $300
Require up-front proof of certain requirements
Change certain elements of the judicial review and appeal process as well as the process for issuing discretionary grants

2. Modify residency and other requirements that will ‘reinforce the value of Canadian citizenship’;

Increase residency requirements from 3 out of 4 years to 4 out of 6 years
No longer count time spent in Canada as a non-permanent resident toward citizenship residency requirements
Require citizenship applicants to declare their intent to reside in Canada
Require applicants to file Canadian income taxes
Expand the age group for applicants required to demonstrate language proficiency and take a knowledge test from 18-54 to 14-64
Extend citizenship to ‘lost Canadians’

3. Crack down on citizenship fraud

Designate a regulatory body whose members may act as consultants in citizenship matters
Increase penalties for citizenship fraud
Streamline the process of revoking citizenship in exceptional cases

4. Introduce new rules intended to ‘protect and promote Canada’s interests and values’

Fast-track citizenship applications for permanent residents who join the Canadian Armed Forces
Introduce the ability to revoke or deny citizenship to individuals who commit ‘acts of terrorism or acts against Canadian interests’
Expand citizenship by descent rules so that children born to Crown citizens working abroad may pass on their citizenship
Bar citizenship for individuals charged with or convicted of serious criminality abroad
Update the Citizenship Act to ensure that international adoptions are done in accordance with the Hague Convention on Inter-country Adoption

“Our government is strengthening the value of Canadian citizenship,” said Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander. “Citizenship is a pledge of mutual responsibility and a shared commitment to values rooted in our history. I am pleased to bring forward the first comprehensive and overdue reforms of the Citizenship Act in more than a generation.”

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/major-changes-to-canadian-citizenship-act-announced-today-06022014.html

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
ezaz said:

Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today revealed plans for comprehensive reforms to the Canadian Citizenship Act. These are the first major reforms to take place since 1977. The changes are part of Bill C-24, which has yet to be passed by Canadian Parliament.

nothing yet published officially

Nora3

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Tirana Albania
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal L'Europe de L'Est
NOC Code......
U024
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS+TEFAQ
File Transfer...
FED AOR 11-06-2015
Med's Request
WAITING
jimmy80 said:
ezaz said:

nothing yet published officially

OMG,I HOPE WE ARRIVE ON THAT DAY,,,,,,NOTHING IS IMPORTANT TILL WE GET THERE....OR NOT ISNT IT????

suja sunny

Jan 3, 2014
Hello forum members,
Please tell me that
1 Should i fill any forms and include while sending my A1 and A2
certificate (i know there is no point for it)??
2. Which is required - Attested copy or Original copy
3. Address to which sending the Certificate in Quebec ??

Please advice

Thanks in advance

bypineda

Jan 21, 2014
zweety said:
Is it already d end of my quebec dream? :'( Can i do something about it? Like can i send today that form? Will they be able to combine it with my file? Or is it really too late? I sent my docs only yesterday.
hi, what is the document that you forgot to include in your application?

salv236

Jul 30, 2013
Hello,

I have some questions concerning the Quebec Skilled Workers Visa application as follows:

1. who should complete the Quebec Selection Certificate, according to the application form there are 4
categories, I have family in Quebec who; is my cousin:

Convention Refugee
Protected Person
A family member abroad
A family member in Quebec who is not convention Refugee or Protected Person

2. From my research the Quebec skilled worker visa deadline is end of mrch the next available French
exam will be 6th May, can the test results be sent after the deadline?

Thanks for your assistance

Best Regards

salv236

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
DECISION MADE TODAY GUYS AT FEDERAL LEVEL TOO...MERCI MON DIEU... ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

Hope for the best guys..All the best.

Nora3

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Tirana Albania
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal L'Europe de L'Est
NOC Code......
U024
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS+TEFAQ
File Transfer...
FED AOR 11-06-2015
Med's Request
WAITING
rohitchaudhary1976 said:
DECISION MADE TODAY GUYS AT FEDERAL LEVEL TOO...MERCI MON DIEU... ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

Hope for the best guys..All the best.
may GOOD be with you.
we are all totally strangers but we have a common hope .
i wish you all the best.

vikastoj

Mar 1, 2013
Punjab, India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
BACC-ans (U002)
App. Filed.......
Re-applied in 2 December 2016
Doc's Request.
Landing Fee. 16 March 2017
AOR Received.
23 February 2017
File Transfer...
VO New Delhi 15 March 2017
Med's Request
15-9-2017
Med's Done....
16-9-2017
Subash said:
No, you do not need them to submit along with initial application.A submission of contract respecting financial self sufficiency with your signature in this stage is enough. You may need them on the process of federal part.

[size=10pt]News[/size]

Review of regulatory changes effective August 1, 2013 and the 2013 List of Areas of Training

The Québec government and the Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities have adopted regulatory changes that came into effect on August 1, 2013. At the same time, through Ministerial Order 2013-009, the Minister updated the List of Areas of Training. It is important to note that one of the fundamental goals of An Act respecting immigration to Québec (chapter I-0.2) is to select foreign nationals who meet the needs of the province in order to promote their harmonious integration into society and the job market as soon as they arrive in Québec. In the context of these new rules, the powers exercised by the government and the Minister help to ensure that this important goal is achieved.

Good knowledge of French not only helps immigrants better integrate into the job market, but also into Québec society. Moreover, specialized jobs for which the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles selects skilled workers require a much greater mastery of French than the language level required to simply communicate in daily activities.

After these new language requirements came into effect, and to ensure equity, the Ministère decided to grant a timeframe for attaining the level of French required by certain candidates whose applications were submitted before August 1, 2013 and had not yet been subject to a preliminary review. These candidates will therefore have an additional period to perfect their language knowledge, which will increase their chances of obtaining a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). To find out if this temporary measure applies to you, please consult the Note sur les procédures d’immigration (NPI) no 2013-16 (PDF, 160 Kb) (note on immigration procedures).

The MICC encourages all candidates who submit an application for a CSQ and do not have the required knowledge of French to contact its partners located in various countries to find out about the French courses available.

kfzmm

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
"After these new language requirements came into effect, and to ensure equity, the Ministère decided to grant a timeframe for attaining the level of French required by certain candidates whose applications were submitted before August 1, 2013 and had not yet been subject to a preliminary review. These candidates will therefore have an additional period to perfect their language knowledge, which will increase their chances of obtaining a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). To find out if this temporary measure applies to you, please consult the Note sur les procédures d'immigration (NPI) no 2013-16 (PDF, 160 Kb) (note on immigration procedures)."

Does it apply to candidates of 2011?
Will the govt contact us or we have to assume?
Anyone any ideas or info?
The ones who are being called in abu dhabi do they have b2 level of French?

bypineda

Jan 21, 2014
I'm a nurse, practicing my profession in the Philippines. Do I need to sign the Declaration by a candidate practicing a regulated profession or trade in Quebec? Please reply. I will send my application on Monday. Thanks! :) ;)

Nov 28, 2013
bypineda said:
I'm a nurse, practicing my profession in the Philippines. Do I need to sign the Declaration by a candidate practicing a regulated profession or trade in Quebec? Please reply. I will send my application on Monday. Thanks! :) ;)
yes! include that on your application!