+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rizza88 said:
Language Proficiency 4 (IELTS Acad: L7.5, R8.5, S7.5, W6.5 Overall: 7.5.................. not really sure about this criteria)
Stay and Family in Quebec 5 (I've chosen the "To work for at least 6 months"............not sure about this one either)
IELTS is most probably 6. You should get full points with your results IMO.

Stay in QC or family in QC... Do you have family there? Have you stayed in Quebec? What was the purpose (holiday, work, study)? If you are answering No & No, then you can't claim any points I am afraid.

Btw. your inbox is full hence I can't send you a private message 8)

Rizza88

Jan 13, 2014
proreo said:
IELTS is most probably 6. You should get full points with your results IMO.

Stay in QC or family in QC... Do you have family there? Have you stayed in Quebec? What was the purpose (holiday, work, study)? If you are answering No & No, then you can't claim any points I am afraid.

Btw. your inbox is full hence I can't send you a private message 8)
Okay I got. So it should be like this then:

Education 10 (Bachelor's Degree in Nursing)
Area of Training 16 (Nursing)
Validated Employment Offer 0
Work Experience 6 (42 months)
Age 16 (25 yo)
Language Proficiency 5/6 (IELTS Acad: L7.5, R8.5, S7.5, W6.5 Overall: 7.5) ...............someone from the other thread think I'd get 5 points
Stay and Family in Quebec 0
Spouse's Characteristics 0
Children 0
Financial Self-Sufficiency 1

Overall Points: 54/55

Now my question is: Would it be enough for them to give me a chance and get my interview waived? Or am I short of points?

I'm actually thinking of studying French in March and in June, I would be on my 4th year working as a staff nurse. With these, I'd get at most 4 points. But would it be too late for my points to get recalculated?

Edit: Yeah I hit my 5 messages quota lol. But you can send me a PM now. ;)

SkywayCore

Jan 14, 2014
It's been helpful reading the responses here.

I physically dropped my application into the Montreal office in August 2013 for the SWP. I'm a little concerned however, because I filled in the details of a Canadian RBC Virtual Visa Debit card in the payment form. I had previously used this card to successfully book flights with Air Canada, book hotel rooms in Canada, buy things from Ebay etc. I had zero problems with this card.

However, in November when I tried to pay my cellphone bill in Montreal with it over the phone, it was declined. I found out that this Royal Bank Virtual Visa debit card was not fully accepted by many institutions - they simply haven't got the systems for it yet. I've since found that the Canadian Federal Government will only accept full blown credit cards for many payments.

I rang Quebec Immigration but they couldn't tell me if they could accept it or not - plus they said they could not match up a Canada Post order I could send now, as they haven't processed it yet. Catch 22. RBC also had no idea. So I am stuck in limbo.

So I am looking at the 750 in my account, hoping it will be debited, but expecting my application to be rejected. I assume it's a total patchwork in terms of what type of Visa card seems to go through or not? I see a previous poster said his Visa Debit Card from Cameroon was accepted. I feel pretty perplexed that a Canadian card would not. Any experience on this would be appreciated.

I feel sorry for you guys who have been waiting so long, but I appreciate all your experiences that you have posted.

fabioadias

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro Brasil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-12-2014
Med's Request
30-12-2014
Med's Done....
12-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2015
Hi guys.

Can anyone provide me some information as far as how good you need to be in french to apply for the Québec Skilled Worker Program?

From what I have researched so far, you need to have "high intermediate / B2" level of french to score any points in the immigration process. However, if you do apply with either A1 and A2, earning ZERO points, is it still possible to qualify and even get an interview?

I'm wondering this because I've just started studying french and I don't know if I would be eligible to apply because of that. Aside from not knowing french, I believe I meet all other requirements.

Can anyone help?
Merci!

hardik_shah

May 30, 2012
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th December 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
17th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent alongwith application
Med's Request
13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
Hi All,

I got a quick question, does anyone know a case when an applicant is called for an interview in a year after receiving AOR (I mean for the people from BIQ-Hongkong which has shifted to BIQ-Montreal).
I read somewhere that they receive around 35000 applications a year and process around 30000. those 30000 are backlogs of previous years??? i hope its not. lol.

I think we all have turned little or more pessimist by their way of processing, i hope that reply to this post may bring some optimism in all of us.

NAMBIVIN

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I am new to this thread. I would like to apply for Quebec Skilled worker Category.
I am from IT background with 7 years of Experience in SAP. I have IELTS band score of 7.5.
I have few queries regarding this program:
Is French language proficiency mandatory
How do you apply for the QSW program.. Is it online system?
Can any of you provide me a link where i could find more details on the same

~cheers
VN

angeremino

Jan 13, 2012
Last official web site update was 2013-12-10,it seems they are working hardly on all files.yesterday some of my friends after 8 month received their AOR and it`s interesting they they have no B2-B2 certificate inspite f the fact that its necessary. On the other hand ,before of 2014,last month of 2013,some of immigrant received email by this title " Votre entrevue de sélection " that show they pass "l'examen préliminaire" step without any B2 point !!most of them have simple B1 point with 6 point AOT !!! or some new 12 point AOT such as Computer fields....
In additional,according 2013 official plan for immigration quebec, they decide to have 37000 case per year in all immigration category though according official web site in Skill worker category they expect 2000 request until 31 march 2014,that they received 4 684 demand till 30 nov 2013 ;) ( yah yah yah )
these statistics proof that they decision for improve French language still have very problem and they should change it how ever it seems smoothly
they do it
bon courage

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angeremino said:
Last official web site update was 2013-12-10,it seems they are working hardly on all files.yesterday some of my friends after 8 month received their AOR and it`s interesting they they have no B2-B2 certificate inspite f the fact that its necessary. On the other hand ,before of 2014,last month of 2013,some of immigrant received email by this title " Votre entrevue de sélection " that show they pass "l'examen préliminaire" step without any B2 point !!most of them have simple B1 point with 6 point AOT !!! or some new 12 point AOT such as Computer fields....
In additional,according 2013 official plan for immigration quebec, they decide to have 37000 case per year in all immigration category though according official web site in Skill worker category they expect 2000 request until 31 march 2014,that they received 4 684 demand till 30 nov 2013 ;) ( yah yah yah )
these statistics proof that they decision for improve French language still have very problem and they should change it how ever it seems smoothly
they do it
bon courage
When did they apply? I mean the immigrants who received " Votre entrevue de sélection "? What countries are they from?

angeremino

Jan 13, 2012
proreo said:
When did they apply? I mean the immigrants who received " Votre entrevue de sélection "? What countries are they from?
they are various for instance one of them has oct 2012 AOR with computer AOT and another one Agust 2011 with 6 pint AOT !!
all of them are iranian
;)

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you know when they actually applied?

Thanks... That is an actual useful piece of info :D

irisroyale

Jan 8, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
HK BIQ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2012
AOR Received.
4-4-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
Interview........
Waiting . . .
jimmy80 said:
hi all,

after two months we got the tefaq results and it will give us 15 points.total points will be 75.
hope that they will do waiver for the interview and they send me the CSQ .

just dreaming no more,hahahahahah
Wow! How did you do that? I'd like some tips for attaining at least B2, please :) @jimmy80

NAMBIVIN

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAMBIVIN said:
Hi All

I am new to this thread. I would like to apply for Quebec Skilled worker Category.
I am from IT background with 7 years of Experience in SAP. I have IELTS band score of 7.5.
I have few queries regarding this program:
Is French language proficiency mandatory
How do you apply for the QSW program.. Is it online system?
Can any of you provide me a link where i could find more details on the same

~cheers
VN

Seniors please help...

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAMBIVIN said:
Seniors please help...
I have heard of cases who have succeeded without french, So french is not mandatory, however, it may be essential if you do not reach the threshold of 55/63 being single or with Spouse.

You have to go through

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/

and check you eligibility at

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html.

There is no online application

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
and check you eligibility at
http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

Here is the official site where you can do the preliminary evaluation.

@NAMBIVIN:
It would also help to read the forum before posting a question. These links along with matrix have been posted many times.