+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Hi to all...

I am currently a QSW applicant who submitted this july (2013) and is in limbo regarding whether new rules will be applied retroactively or the current old rules will apply!

But in any case, i would like to make my 2cent clarification as a former resident of Montreal where i had lived for 4 years within context of adaptability and language requirements.

First of all, its important not to mix up the language points qualification in the QSW program with the levels required to live in Quebec (specifically Montreal). Language points are important only if you dont qualify on other fronts and where points are lacking...BUT are incredibly important/beneficial to you from at least conversational perspective if and when you get to the interview stage (my gut instinct) and IF you plan to eventually live and work in quebec.

Anyone can live in Montreal without knowledge of French (independent of duration of time!)...however it does not mean to say that French is not important. I sincerely believe (after living for 4 years there sometime ago), that if and when Quebec nominates you (and/or god-wishing I!)..it means that they would like to see you contribute to their economy and lifestyle in more ways than one. I personally never had to speak a word of french to get by but this does not mean its not important or necessary.

If you were to seek PR to Canada with intention of settling and working in Quebec, then the least a new immigrant can do for being granted this opportunity is to try to be like residents who live and thrive in Quebec. In order to do that, one needs to at least aim to converse in the language.

Right now my level of French is A2 as of submission of application, however it does not mean (that under the old rules), i can sit and feel comfortable (if rules still apply that is!)...NO....its always important to make an effort to be, talk, work and live like a Quebecois if possible...for those seeking to get points for French, look at this as a start of a journey to understand its culture and lifestyle....to be part of a society (and believe me when i say this!)...that is very different in a beautiful way from the rest of Canada....!

From an application for QSW perspective, this means to at least reach B1/B2 before the interview stage...and C2 in life when you live in Quebec :)

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
you may be wrong, immigrants with kids will have to necessarily put their wards in the french school, hence they will have the chance to interact with the french speakers more often, which can improve their French skills quickly. However, Singles and Couples will either interact with themselves or with their work group, hence they may not( i am insisting on may not here, because it is not always) improve faster...
swamik,, if family doesnt know french its a disaster, cant survive there unless they have 100,000s of dollars. because all free schools are french no english schools. each kid will loose 2-3 years to learn french.

english schools available are only private and anual fees starts at 17000$, so family of 3 kids they need 54000$/year for school fees

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody help me if fee is charged at my credit card, at what stage can be my application ?

Thanks.

QuebecPEQ

Jul 17, 2013
lemans207 said:
swamik,, if family doesnt know french its a disaster, cant survive there unless they have 100,000s of dollars. because all free schools are french no english schools. each kid will loose 2-3 years to learn french.

english schools available are only private and anual fees starts at 17000$, so family of 3 kids they need 54000$/year for school fees
Have you ever been to Quebec?

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Why they don`t cancel and close the whole QSW with these new rules?!!
It`s not fair the Quebec does not consider the effort made on complying with their rules.

Or maybe they are being racist,as seeing that English language is starting to dominate in Quebec.
If they need so many immigrants,why raise the language threshold?

They know that most immigrants come from non-francophone countries,as well as they know that through interaction and communication expands the language knowledge....but no they are being racist.as they are seeing that larger communities of Middle Eastern,Asian,Italian etc. are growing and these communities are simply not bothering to learn French or English...I think that`s the main reason.

But hey their country ,their rules....simply it makes me mad that I have put a lot of effort and money to this project and the govt.blows it.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
aabbhhii said:
Can somebody help me if fee is charged at my credit card, at what stage can be my application ?

Thanks.
This means you're about to receive your first AOR. Your file is considered to be complete and ready for processing.

QuebecPEQ

Jul 17, 2013
Tiki said:
Why they don`t cancel and close the whole QSW with these new rules?!!
It`s not fair the Quebec does not consider the effort made on complying with their rules.

Or maybe they are being racist,as seeing that English language is starting to dominate in Quebec.
If they need so many immigrants,why raise the language threshold?

They know that most immigrants come from non-francophone countries,as well as they know that through interaction and communication expands the language knowledge....but no they are being racist.as they are seeing that larger communities of Middle Eastern,Asian,Italian etc. are growing and these communities are simply not bothering to learn French or English...I think that`s the main reason.

But hey their country ,their rules....simply it makes me mad that I have put a lot of effort and money to this project and the govt.blows it.
It's not fair that a French speaking province wants it's immigrants to speak French? After having decades of history trying to preserve their culture from being eroded by the English language?

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi

I am surprised that most of you people did not hire a consultant and you have received CSQ,my consultant is aquiring every little odd detail and i am providing.

I have spoken to many on this forum and they have applied by themselves not with so much paper work and complete application but even than they are updating there files when immigration request for any document and its going smoothly
My consultant is threatning me 24/7 that my application is going to be rejected if i do not provide a simple one letter on the checklist format and i have provided that too by requesting my employers,it take 4 to 5 working days to reach documents from my country to Montreal and now my documents have reached there office and now my consultant is sleeping to lodge my application finally at QSW.

I need Advise from you people what to do?

As tomorrow is 31st looks like a judgement day?

Regards

bhavin_ptl1

Jul 30, 2013
Qubec skilled worker application was filed in may 2013 (two months before)
Still not got any update from their side.
Confuse whether I will be fallen in old rules or new rules going to be effect from 1st july 2013

Plz help...I think nobody is clear....

I need genuine answer...

Thank you

engineer2003

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW 10-10-2011: Federal 01-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 18-12-15
AOR Received.
13-11-2011 Federal 31-03-2016
IELTS Request
3-12-2011 7.0 bands & DELF B2 17-1-2015
Med's Request
20-4-2016
Med's Done....
4-5-2016, MEDICAL RECEIVED 8-5-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-5-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2016
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon!
bhavin_ptl1 said:
Qubec skilled worker application was filed in may 2013 (two months before)
Still not got any update from their side.
Confuse whether I will be fallen in old rules or new rules going to be effect from 1st july 2013

Plz help...I think nobody is clear....

I need genuine answer...

Thank you
Wait till 1st August and things will be more clear !!!

Stay calm and positive ...!!

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
QuebecPEQ said:
It's not fair that a French speaking province wants it's immigrants to speak French? After having decades of history trying to preserve their culture from being eroded by the English language?
Hey if they wanted a pure French speaking province why bother to ask for foreign immigrants?
And English is a official language of Canada and Quebec it`s one of it`s provinces.
I guess you missunderstood.....as I said it`s their country,their rules.

The main fact that makes me wonder that Quebec is racist is that they will impose new rules to older applications.

It`s their fault that they failed to integrate people...now we after all that effort they will simply reject us.

QuebecPEQ

Jul 17, 2013
Tiki said:
Hey if they wanted a pure French speaking province why bother to ask for foreign immigrants?
They are asking for immigrants who can speak French to a "B2" level.

France and Quebec aren't the only places in the world that speak French anyway.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecPEQ said:
Have you ever been to Quebec?
I had my ex-fiance she is in quebec, and i know some immigrats friends facing these problems,, i was surprised to know.
but you can check over internet the new language rule "bill 14" i dont remember if it was approved or not

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecPEQ said:
They are asking for immigrants who can speak French to a "B2" level.

France and Quebec aren't the only places in the world that speak French anyway.
yes but quebec and france the main, by the way i met a lot of french ppl applied to quebec, french citizen's dream to move to Quebec.

The rest of franophone countries are considered 3rd world countries,,

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
I just called the MICC for the second time to try to clarify since different agents were saying different things. But this time the agent said the same thing I've heard before: since my file was opened only 3 months ago, the new rules will be applied to it. She didn't hesitate and was really sure about that. She said yes, it might be not fair, but this is the decision on the ministry.

She also said to call in a couple of weeks, they will have more information on this matter. They don't know much about the new rules yet.