Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
alexey_nathan said:
Oh, come on! What the hell!
I need a drink!
do the following :) : call them and do not ask about new rules, just say i would like to know the Status of my Application, if they said your file has been opened in May Xth, say ok thank you is it now " IN PROCESS " ??

and tell me what would they answer you ..

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
signalmaker said:
Well again i request you to stay calm and do not listen to what she has said :))

the girl i spoke to yesterday tried to destroy my life with the info she has ..

forget about those call centre agents ..
How come with you and the agents it's always a 'yey' or a 'no' with regards to the application of old rules, but with me it's always 'I cannot confirm'?! For once I'd like to hear a 'yey' just for the heck of it! ;D Not that I would believe them... :p

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
signalmaker said:
do the following :) : call them and do not ask about new rules, just say i would like to know the Status of my Application, if they said your file has been opened in May Xth, say ok thank you is it now " IN PROCESS " ??

Just wanted to share that I asked the last agent I talked with what the 'levels' (his term) are of the application process. He said, 1) Receipt, 2)Payment, 3)Preliminary Process, 4)Interview and 5)CSQ. Then, I asked him where my application stands, and he said that he couldn't say because he would not
be able to see it in the system, but that my paper is already UNDER PROCESS. Then I tried to clarify that since it's already UNDER PROCESS, then old rules should apply. He said not necessarily because he is not able to see in the system where my paper is exactly in the levels. After hearing that I told him that I already received the AOR and the Recu, so in most probability my paper is already in the "Preliminary Process" level? He said he couldn't say because again, he couldn't see where exactly it is, it's either before that (Preliminary Process) or after that. If it's before that, new rules for me, if after that, old rules. So, after that conversation, I'm assuming that when agents tell us that our papers are UNDER PROCESS or IN PROCESS (?), it doesn't necessarily mean that it's in level number 3 -Preliminary Process, which I suppose is what the website is talking about.

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
Hi,

Anybody help me, i planed to take french exam next month. which one is better. DELF A1 or TEF or TEFaQ or TCF. I know french very basic. which i recognized for CSQ.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manibalan said:
Hi,

Anybody help me, i planed to take french exam next month. which one is better. DELF A1 or TEF or TEFaQ or TCF. I know french very basic. which i recognized for CSQ.
If you are a beginner in french and you have just submitted your application, than I would suggest you to get the clarification on state of already submitted application with new rules. If you are sure its not going to affect you, you can go ahead with your test. Else you can drop it as I believe it will be tough to attain B2 as a beginner.

anniejasmeet

Mar 7, 2013
Hi Friends,

While we're keeping our fingers crossed for the new rules to be immigrant friendlier, I am hoping someone would clarify a query that I have.

I got my IELTS results a week back. I scored an overall 8:

Listening- 9
Speaking- 7.5
Reading- 7.5
Writing- 7.0

I gave this test with just 3-4 sample papers practiced in 2 days. Now under the old rules, I was getting full 6 points. However, I am not clear on what my score will be under new rules, which are tentatively as follows:

" English proficiency has similarly changed. Points for English language skills will not be awarded until the Intermediate level, or levels 5-8 according to government criteria:

Speaking/ Listening Levels:

1-4 0 points
5-8 1 points
9-12 2 points

Reading/Writing Levels:

1-4 0 points
5-12 1 points

Can you guys let me know if I score the same here? Thanks a bunch in advance!!

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
swamik said:
If you are a beginner in french and you have just submitted your application, than I would suggest you to get the clarification on state of already submitted application with new rules. If you are sure its not going to affect you, you can go ahead with your test. Else you can drop it as I believe it will be tough to attain B2 as a beginner.
Hi,
Thanks for you response. I already submitted my application (without french) last year. i know DELF is eligible for CSQ. But, it seems diff for me, so that i opt for some other exam, but i dont know whether that exams are eligible to apply csq or not.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
manibalan said:
Hi,

All of those exams are recognized by Quebec Immigration, so you can choose any one of those. Per new rules, B2 really is the level you need to attain for you to get points. Levels A1, A2 and B1 don't get any points anymore. However, if you really just want to take an exam to assess your level, I think TEF or TEFaQ can rate you as to if you're level A1 or A2, etc. The new rules state that applicants can now get points for the Writing part of a French Exam (before it was just Speaking and Listening), and I believe that TEF has the writing part, in addition to the Speaking and Listening parts. So, if you get B2 on TEF, you can get points for speaking, listening and writing (but only if you get B2 level on each of those), whereas in TEFaQ, you can only get points for listening and speaking (if you score B2 on each of those).

With DELF A1, you will get a certificate ONLY FOR level A1, even if you are already more advanced than that. Get a DELF A2, you ONLY GET an A2 level. With TEF or TEFaQ, you can get a result wherein you are in level A1 or A2 or B1 or B2, etc., because it is a placement exam. It assesses your actual level. Also, the results for DELF exams are actual diplomas, so there's no expiration. In TEFaQ, I know 'the Attestation' is valid only for a limited time.

I can only speak for DELF A1 and TEFaQ because those are the only ones I've taken. For me, DELF A1 was easier than TEFaQ because the vocabulary used were those that were found only in my A1 classes. With TEFaQ, however, many of the vocabulary were way above my comprehension. I did get an A2, however, despite having just attended A1 classes (I did additional self study, though). Furthermore, in my country, the results for DELF takes 3-4 months, whereas the results for TEFaQ takes 1-2 months only; so the difference in time may also apply in your country. Therefore, in my opinion, if you want an easier exam, take DELF. If you want a result that never expires, take DELF. If you are pressed for time, take TEFaQ. If you feel you can attain a higher level than A1, take TEFaQ.

Hope this helps. :)

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:

I told you don't worry, Quebec needs you ;)
Everyone who applied before 1st Aug will be treated under old rules,

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
raistlin17phil said:
How come with you and the agents it's always a 'yey' or a 'no' with regards to the application of old rules, but with me it's always 'I cannot confirm'?! For once I'd like to hear a 'yey' just for the heck of it! ;D Not that I would believe them... :p
even with me they kept saying we are not sure of anything yet ..

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
raistlin17phil said:
Just wanted to share that I asked the last agent I talked with what the 'levels' (his term) are of the application process. He said, 1) Receipt, 2)Payment, 3)Preliminary Process, 4)Interview and 5)CSQ. Then, I asked him where my application stands, and he said that he couldn't say because he would not
be able to see it in the system, but that my paper is already UNDER PROCESS. Then I tried to clarify that since it's already UNDER PROCESS, then old rules should apply. He said not necessarily because he is not able to see in the system where my paper is exactly in the levels. After hearing that I told him that I already received the AOR and the Recu, so in most probability my paper is already in the "Preliminary Process" level? He said he couldn't say because again, he couldn't see where exactly it is, it's either before that (Preliminary Process) or after that. If it's before that, new rules for me, if after that, old rules. So, after that conversation, I'm assuming that when agents tell us that our papers are UNDER PROCESS or IN PROCESS (?), it doesn't necessarily mean that it's in level number 3 -Preliminary Process, which I suppose is what the website is talking about.
if the pre. processing STARTED then new rules are not applicable ..

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
CAN WE CALL TODAY THE D-DAY??

HEY BUDDIES CHEERUP!!!

GOOD NEWS IS COMING UP SOON!!

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
Folks,
I applied in Nov'2011 without any AOT, now it appears that I may suit 0213. Can I update my application now? Please advise.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
grimreaper said:
Folks,
I applied in Nov'2011 without any AOT, now it appears that I may suit 0213. Can I update my application now? Please advise.
You can update your application at any point before receiving a QSC.
Nobody knows anything certain about 2013 rules, we're all waiting for updates.

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
Thank you Alexey.

My agent says that the application can be updated but the AOT can never be changed. Is this true? That is I actually applied as a person with no specific AOT but now that I am eligible for 0213 that change cannot be done.