Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
grimreaper said:
Thank you Alexey.

My agent says that the application can be updated but the AOT can never be changed. Is this true? That is I actually applied as a person with no specific AOT but now that I am eligible for 0213 that change cannot be done.
Sorry, I am not sure about this.

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
raistlin17phil said:
All of those exams are recognized by Quebec Immigration, so you can choose any one of those. Per new rules, B2 really is the level you need to attain for you to get points. Levels A1, A2 and B1 don't get any points anymore. However, if you really just want to take an exam to assess your level, I think TEF or TEFaQ can rate you as to if you're level A1 or A2, etc. The new rules state that applicants can now get points for the Writing part of a French Exam (before it was just Speaking and Listening), and I believe that TEF has the writing part, in addition to the Speaking and Listening parts. So, if you get B2 on TEF, you can get points for speaking, listening and writing (but only if you get B2 level on each of those), whereas in TEFaQ, you can only get points for listening and speaking (if you score B2 on each of those).

With DELF A1, you will get a certificate ONLY FOR level A1, even if you are already more advanced than that. Get a DELF A2, you ONLY GET an A2 level. With TEF or TEFaQ, you can get a result wherein you are in level A1 or A2 or B1 or B2, etc., because it is a placement exam. It assesses your actual level. Also, the results for DELF exams are actual diplomas, so there's no expiration. In TEFaQ, I know 'the Attestation' is valid only for a limited time.

I can only speak for DELF A1 and TEFaQ because those are the only ones I've taken. For me, DELF A1 was easier than TEFaQ because the vocabulary used were those that were found only in my A1 classes. With TEFaQ, however, many of the vocabulary were way above my comprehension. I did get an A2, however, despite having just attended A1 classes (I did additional self study, though). Furthermore, in my country, the results for DELF takes 3-4 months, whereas the results for TEFaQ takes 1-2 months only; so the difference in time may also apply in your country. Therefore, in my opinion, if you want an easier exam, take DELF. If you want a result that never expires, take DELF. If you are pressed for time, take TEFaQ. If you feel you can attain a higher level than A1, take TEFaQ.

Hope this helps. :)
Wow, really wonderful explanation. Great thanks. So, I go take DELF A1 which is easy to clear. I taught TEFaQ easy to clear than DELF A1. moreover I already submited my application in last year sep 2012. Got letter from Montreal that mentioned my file was opened. so waiting for interview.

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Quite funny, that less than 24 hours before the new rules apply, people still cannot know if their AOT will qualify or not, is it going to be prioritized and how many points it will worth...

For me, if I will be processed under the new rules, I am not eligible anymore, because without the 6 language points for A2, I do not satisfy the 50 point employability criteria, even if I would have 57 points before adaptability (I get 8 points for children). My only chance for a near future Quebec settlement is if my NOC gets 12+ points in new AOT list. I am really curious how they will handle old applications, and if they get refused after AOR and fees taken, will those ppl get a refund or not?...

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:
Quite funny, that less than 24 hours before the new rules apply, people still cannot know if their AOT will qualify or not, is it going to be prioritized and how many points it will worth...

For me, if I will be processed under the new rules, I am not eligible anymore, because without the 6 language points for A2, I do not satisfy the 50 point employability criteria, even if I would have 57 points before adaptability (I get 8 points for children). My only chance for a near future Quebec settlement is if my NOC gets 12+ points in new AOT list. I am really curious how they will handle old applications, and if they get refused after AOR and fees taken, will those ppl get a refund or not?...
Just stay optimistic ..

if they apply you to new rules that would mean they have to return back the fees you paid, and also everyone's fees ..

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
oszi said:

What is "employability criteria"?
What is your AOT?

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
So, the time has finally come, now place your bets for tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen 8)

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
anniejasmeet said:
Hi Friends,

While we're keeping our fingers crossed for the new rules to be immigrant friendlier, I am hoping someone would clarify a query that I have.

I got my IELTS results a week back. I scored an overall 8:

Listening- 9
Speaking- 7.5
Reading- 7.5
Writing- 7.0

I gave this test with just 3-4 sample papers practiced in 2 days. Now under the old rules, I was getting full 6 points. However, I am not clear on what my score will be under new rules, which are tentatively as follows:

" English proficiency has similarly changed. Points for English language skills will not be awarded until the Intermediate level, or levels 5-8 according to government criteria:

Speaking/ Listening Levels:

1-4 0 points
5-8 1 points
9-12 2 points

Reading/Writing Levels:

1-4 0 points
5-12 1 points

Can you guys let me know if I score the same here? Thanks a bunch in advance!!

hello, check this link http://www.ieltsessentials.com/results/ielts_for_canada.aspx , i think you should have all the points for english language, as for me my scores in ielts were as follows LISTENING 7, READING 7.5, WRITING 6, SPEAKING 7.5 overall 7. and the equivalent points in the new rules are LISTENING 1 READING 1,WRITING 1,SPEAKING 2, in all i still retained the 5 points i had prior in rules , in the prior rules for speaking i had 3 and for listening in had 2. i guess am still retaining my 62 points except something changes with the AOT in the coming gazette. guys lets all hope for the best

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
alexey_nathan said:
What is "employability criteria"?
What is your AOT?
Hi,

Employability criteria is 42/50 points minimum for single/with spouse applicants, by sum of points from these factors: education, work experience, age, language points, family in Quebec, employment offer and spouse points. It excludes points for children and financial.

AOT is NOC 2147, I am curious if they will follow the trend of FSW, and make it priority or not.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
oszi said:
Hi,

Employability criteria is 42/50 points minimum for single/with spouse applicants, by sum of points from these factors: education, work experience, age, language points, family in Quebec, employment offer and spouse points. It excludes points for children and financial.

AOT is NOC 2147, I am curious if they will follow the trend of FSW, and make it priority or not.
Sorry to hear that, oszi. I hope the AOT list will be updated in your favor.

Your diploma is not from Quebec or Canada, right?

Also, where can I read more about employability criteria? Never heard of it before...

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Guys, what amount of hours of work per week is considered full time for Quebec Immigration? Is 36 hours enough, or should it be 40?

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
alexey_nathan said:
Guys, what amount of hours of work per week is considered full time for Quebec Immigration? Is 36 hours enough, or should it be 40?
I read somewhere that it should be 37,5 hrs/week. Part-time equivalent can also be recalculated according to that standard.

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
alexey_nathan said:
Sorry to hear that, oszi. I hope the AOT list will be updated in your favor.

Your diploma is not from Quebec or Canada, right?

Also, where can I read more about employability criteria? Never heard of it before...
Here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hu&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf&act=url

This is the official op manual to process QSW applications.

Search for employability in it.

actaruslair

Jan 15, 2012
Rivne, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-24-12
Doc's Request.
07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
alexey_nathan said:
35 hours or 37.5 hours
40 hours minus lunch break is usually considered as a full time job.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
actaruslair said:
35 hours or 37.5 hours
40 hours minus lunch break is usually considered as a full time job.
According to the Immigration Manual (thanks, oszi!) it is 30 hours:

Given that, according to the Statistics Canada definition, all (single or employment) main job held on the basis of 30 hours or more per week is considered a full-time professional experience, it is therefore the duration in months of all these experiences to be the unit of measurement used to evaluate the full-time work.