Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
dadabigboy said:
@ signalmaker as i understand the points are locked in when the file is opened, any update will be a mere formality. I don't know if that's correct , am just thinking that's what I understand from various discussion on the subject. what exactly does the rule say? I intend to take tcf or tefaq sometimes in August. I could take it now, but I don't want to land around A1 or A2 , I want to be somewhere around B1 or B2
There is no definite rule, but definitly you can send something to support your case.
And as in the interview they recalculate the points again, then anything sent after the file number will support your case, and maybe reduce probability to get interview ( waiver )

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
shootingstar said:
Yes - I think that can be done. Or take the certificate to the interview.
if sent before interview will help the case more, and increase prob of waiver

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
signalmaker said:
if sent before interview will help the case more, and increase prob of waiver
I agree! In my interview, he asked for TCF-Q to be taken and send the result to BIQ.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
shootingstar said:
I agree! In my interview, he asked for TCF-Q to be taken and send the result to BIQ.
I believe in your case the only explination is that you depended on estimation of your language - old rules - and after new rules, he cant say yes everything is ok unless he makes sure you provide evidence which is the certificate, if that was in old rules, he will estimate your level according his experience in the levels, and as we have new rules that says only certificates will judge on the language then he asked for them.

the only mysterious thing, is that you mention once that you had these certificates in the interview.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
signalmaker said:
I believe in your case the only explination is that you depended on estimation of your language - old rules - and after new rules, he cant say yes everything is ok unless he makes sure you provide evidence which is the certificate, if that was in old rules, he will estimate your level according his experience in the levels, and as we have new rules that says only certificates will judge on the language then he asked for them.

the only mysterious thing, is that you mention once that you had these certificates in the interview.
I applied during old rules. So I think, logically, I should be considered by old rules. I agree he was supposed to estimate language ability during the interview, but he didn't. And true -- I had the certificate with me.

SHUKRZ

Mar 21, 2013
Hello All,

I applied under the PEQ in October 2011 after graduating from McGill in May 2011. It only took 2 months to process because my DELF results had to be deemed as "official" since there was a delay with the issuance of my results. I received my CSQ and it is valid for 3 years.

In January 2012, I applied for permanent residency under the QSW category right away and sent my application to the Buffalo office, before it got transferred to CPP-Ottawa. I got my AOR one month later and it included a request for my medical exams, which I did on the 1st of March, 2012. On the 1st of March, 2013 I got a call for my passport and I was to include 2 immigration photos of myself and data about my height and eye colour. The visa was issued 2 weeks later and I am ready for landing.

I have one concern though... the day I gave in my application for permanent residence while I was in Montreal, I got a job offer to move to Alberta, where I am currently residing. However, I am hesitant about what to do next because I initially planned on residing in Montreal but could not refuse this job offer. I requested my landing to be done in Canada with the CIC office in Calgary in a month time. Is this right?

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
faultyjack99 said:
Hi,
I may be not an expert but I think you are assuming it right, If Canada has requirement for your profession then it might will appear in quebec requirement as well, you should wait with ur ongoing process as FSW has cap for all the occupation and here you process seems to be in progress so I think you chances are more likely with QSW.
Still you can check seniors opinion as well. Wish you luck my friend.
Thanks faulty,

I believe occupations in demand in rest of Canada should be in demand in Quebec too. So I guess the occupations listed on new FSW should also appear on the new occupation list of Quebec post July 2013.

But we have also seen not all occupations listed on Federal were the same in Quebec over the last few years. Isn't it?

Now the question is what happens to non-priority applicants who have already applied and when the new rules come in effect (after 31 July 2013) their occupations are listed on Quebec demand list. Will they be considered as priority applicants or will they be governed by rules at the time of their application?

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SHUKRZ said:
Hello All,

I applied under the PEQ in October 2011 after graduating from McGill in May 2011. It only took 2 months to process because my DELF results had to be deemed as "official" since there was a delay with the issuance of my results. I received my CSQ and it is valid for 3 years.

In January 2012, I applied for permanent residency under the QSW category right away and sent my application to the Buffalo office, before it got transferred to CPP-Ottawa. I got my AOR one month later and it included a request for my medical exams, which I did on the 1st of March, 2012. On the 1st of March, 2013 I got a call for my passport and I was to include 2 immigration photos of myself and data about my height and eye colour. The visa was issued 2 weeks later and I am ready for landing.

I have one concern though... the day I gave in my application for permanent residence while I was in Montreal, I got a job offer to move to Alberta, where I am currently residing. However, I am hesitant about what to do next because I initially planned on residing in Montreal but could not refuse this job offer. I requested my landing to be done in Canada with the CIC office in Calgary in a month time. Is this right?
you may want to read this same as your case.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-selected-but-landed-in-ontario-please-help-t69874.0.html;msg2227401#msg2227401

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumarbadalabad said:
that is the trend, it seems like the long wait is even getting longer. do we really get what we deserve here? some applied back November and December 2010 and others in 2011 but no movement. unlike those priority which I believe 99% are nurses? I have not seen other priority occupations. the long wait is really getting longer with the fsw new rules, more and more priority applicants predominantly nurses (99%) will be applying thru QSW at this time so those who are not priority will be pushed way way way back again. adding more months I guess one year more to the waiting line.
I called Hong-kong office few months ago and they told me that they had already finished 2010 cases, they are processing 2011 cases for non-priority applicants but it's very slow. The tradition is, if they call 100 people in 1 mission then out of 100 people only 20% are from non-priority, 80% from priority bcoz they have more priority files, which are sufficient to fill 1 mission.

But i guess, things will change soon bcoz Quebec folks are ready to change the rules and it will be implemented soon. They are going to implement tougher rule for french language, then the flow of new files will be slow.

Rohithroxx1

Apr 9, 2013
Hi

I'm qualified for QSW and want to start my processing.

Do I need IELTS and French language at the time of sending my application or can I send these two at a later time?

can anyone please send the Document Checklist so that I can prepare my application from Now.

Greatly appreciates your response.

Thanks,

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Rohithroxx1 said:
Good Luck
Your IELTS is required but French lan score depends on how many points that you are accumulating. Any whichway you will have to give your French language score sooner or later so its good to have both language scores ready.

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grande_folie said:
I called Hong-kong office few months ago and they told me that they had already finished 2010 cases, they are processing 2011 cases for non-priority applicants but it's very slow. The tradition is, if they call 100 people in 1 mission then out of 100 people only 20% are from non-priority, 80% from priority bcoz they have more priority files, which are sufficient to fill 1 mission.

But i guess, things will change soon bcoz Quebec folks are ready to change the rules and it will be implemented soon. They are going to implement tougher rule for french language, then the flow of new files will be slow.
I don't think there are more priority than non priority on file, its actualy the other way round. because priority applicants are processed immediately as they received them which take 6-8 months while nonpriority takes 2 years now so no priority applications are kept on file for long. well they better act now because I've seen all recruitment agencies and all sort of immigration agencies they are promoting QSW as the gateway of nurses now since they are not listed in FSW (all sort of advertisement all around the internet scattered like this is really their way of living). so QSW is only their second choice making the genuineness of their application questionable.

venkateshkrec

Jun 6, 2012
shootingstar said:
The bad news is you deifnitely need French certificates to be sent with your application or taken to the interview, the good news is you have 2 more years from now to apply for a French Test result. The QSW program is taking way too long these days. I suspect this is somehting knowlingly done by the BIQ. So, stay calm and keep learning French. The interview will be half in French and half in English.
Well we did sent 6 hours of french classes certificate that we took from alliance francaise in los angeles with our application. I have received an acknowledgement receipt from the embassy saying that all the documents are good and we got a file number. It said we would be called for interview. How come you are saying that it takes about 2 years? My lawyer said that we would receive interview call within 3-4 months time period. Does it makes difference if we have applied from U.S.A ?

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumarbadalabad said:
I don't think there are more priority than non priority on file, its actualy the other way round. because priority applicants are processed immediately as they received them which take 6-8 months while nonpriority takes 2 years now so no priority applications are kept on file for long. well they better act now because I've seen all recruitment agencies and all sort of immigration agencies they are promoting QSW as the gateway of nurses now since they are not listed in FSW (all sort of advertisement all around the internet scattered like this is really their way of living). so QSW is only their second choice making the genuineness of their application questionable.
Canada has now lot of nurses in their land. Nurse is not included in the occupation list of FSW. so, now you can expect nurses out from priority list in QSW also. Moreover, Quebec folks came to know that people are misusing this program. I heard that lot of nurses didn't receive CSQ during the interview in November,2012 mission in delhi.

Moreover, It's not easy to get a nursing license in Canada. They made the rules strict to get a license.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grande_folie said:
Canada has now lot of nurses in their land. Nurse is not included in the occupation list of FSW. so, now you can expect nurses out from priority list in QSW also. Moreover, Quebec folks came to know that people are misusing this program. I heard that lot of nurses didn't receive CSQ during the interview in November,2012 mission in delhi.

Moreover, It's not easy to get a nursing license in Canada. They made the rules strict to get a license.
and salary for registered nurse around 20$ per hour, night shifts and snow and cold, it worth but not easy too, specially for people not used to live in such cold places