+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

tmt161

Apr 15, 2013
tubelight said:
Hi,

It is not clear on Quebec website. I have 7.0 in listening and 8.5 in speaking so I managed to get all 6 points.

But my agent told me that if you score 7.0 or more in both sections of IELTS then you get all 6 points.
in this case you will get 3 points for speaking and two for listening, ====5
to get the 6 points you must score at least 7.5 in listening, and at least 7 in speaking, so your listening result gives you 2 points instead of 3

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
tmt161 said:
in this case you will get 3 points for speaking and two for listening, ====5
to get the 6 points you must score at least 7.5 in listening, and at least 7 in speaking, so your listening result gives you 2 points instead of 3
Re-posting it for the 3rd time, appreciate your comments

Hello all,

I am in a confused state and appreciate if Quebec applicants or others could put their thoughts and inputs.

I have already applied to QSW in Oct-2012, I renewed my DD last month and only days after I send my DD FSW opened its gates. I was surprised to see my occupation listed (NOC 2131, Civil Engineers) in federal.

Now the question is should I apply for federal as well as my ongoing Quebec application? I have seen some comments that some people have applied longer than 2 years ago but have not been invited to the interview.

Another thought that is driving me mad is that, what if my occupation (NOC 2131, Civil Engineers) is listed on QSW after 31st of July 2013?

So what do you think guys should I go for FSW or should I be patient to see if my occupation will be listed on QSW after 31st of July?

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
tubelight said:
Hi,

It is not clear on Quebec website. I have 7.0 in listening and 8.5 in speaking so I managed to get all 6 points.

But my agent told me that if you score 7.0 or more in both sections of IELTS then you get all 6 points.
Dear You will get 6 points which is maximum (Ref GPI-3 Page 41)
Below is the link for General Procedure for Immigration (Quebec) for 2012 candidates

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

Hope this information will be beneficial for you.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
toyinjac said:
Dear All,
For the Quebec Priority occupation,do you think electrical/computer engineering can be considered?
Electrical is not Priority NOR in any list

Computer Engineering is in the normal one 6 points

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
tubelight said:
Re-posting it for the 3rd time, appreciate your comments

Hello all,

I am in a confused state and appreciate if Quebec applicants or others could put their thoughts and inputs.

I have already applied to QSW in Oct-2012, I renewed my DD last month and only days after I send my DD FSW opened its gates. I was surprised to see my occupation listed (NOC 2131, Civil Engineers) in federal.

Now the question is should I apply for federal as well as my ongoing Quebec application? I have seen some comments that some people have applied longer than 2 years ago but have not been invited to the interview.

Another thought that is driving me mad is that, what if my occupation (NOC 2131, Civil Engineers) is listed on QSW after 31st of July 2013?

So what do you think guys should I go for FSW or should I be patient to see if my occupation will be listed on QSW after 31st of July?
one bird in Hand is better than ten on the tree.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
one bird in Hand is better than ten on the tree.
go for federal for sure, if your refused federal then apply for quebec,
AOR federal in 60 days, but quebec u have to wait 3 years for interview then 3 years for federal ;)

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
tubelight said:
Hi,

Thank you for your response tubelight...appreciated.

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Dear Friends,

Has anybody got interview call for April mission in Delhi.???

Thank you!

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Please share any information about HK BIQ , did anybody get an interview call? where did they reach in files?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi bachar how are u ? as i ve heard they have only just given an update about the mission not about the files Lmao so lets see

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umer Shahzad said:
hi bachar how are u ? as i ve heard they have only just given an update about the mission not about the files Lmao so lets see

only priority applicants were called in this missions, some were finished already. if youre not priority maybe at least youre in the next mission but if not wait anoher mission and so on..

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumarbadalabad said:
only priority applicants were called in this missions, some were finished already. if youre not priority maybe at least youre in the next mission but if not wait anoher mission and so on..
can u give us a proof of that?

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umer Shahzad said:
can u give us a proof of that?

I've seen applicants who had their interviews in this mission and whose having interview next months. they were all priority. maybe for some not priority a limited number of them maybe just 4 of them I saw. and for the coming missions I presume it will still be the same. so I guess if your not priority just enjoy your life wherever you are. there are still 2010 applicants who were not called that is so very unfair to them and for 2011 applicants slightly unfair I guess :D..

venkateshkrec

Jun 6, 2012
Hello Guys !!

Congratulations to all of those who received their PR and best of luck for all those waiting. I applied for Quebec Immigration in Jan 2013 and i received a file number (I don't know if this means A.O.R) in March 2103 stating all the documents have been verified and they would call for interview. I just have couple of concerns:

Our french is very poor since we only took 6 hours of classes from Alliance Francaise (Los Angeles) and i am worried if my interview would in french ? I know during our application we haven't used any points for french since we had enough points . Is french really needed? Please advise

Also how long will the entire process take before i get PR from Quebec?

I would appreciate if you guys would respond to my questions

Thanks

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumarbadalabad said:
I've seen applicants who had their interviews in this mission and whose having interview next months. they were all priority. maybe for some not priority a limited number of them maybe just 4 of them I saw. and for the coming missions I presume it will still be the same. so I guess if your not priority just enjoy your life wherever you are. there are still 2010 applicants who were not called that is so very unfair to them and for 2011 applicants slightly unfair I guess :D..
that's true. Moreover, most of the people from Nursing category applied and they are getting their turn first instead of people who are waiting since 2011.