+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

quantsegu

Jun 30, 2012
Hi,

I am Lakshmi Narayanya Segu. I am trying to apply for CSQ from India, with 6+ software development experience, now working as a Manager.

As per the above informaiton i am not sure if the applications are still open or not. As per news article it seems no but as per the information on website it seems yes.

Can some one confirm please?

Thanks,
Segu

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Hi Abmir,
Please advise if there are any updates on your file.
ABMIR said:
Hey guys,
Just to update our timeline ,we got our medical request by post today,it took around 20 days to get the MR since they start processing our file,by the way our VO is London.
Good luck to every one waiting for CSQ and God bless all of u.

Abmir

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hi all,

I am a refugee claimant.I filed for refugee in sep 2010. In April 2011, I got married to a canadian citizen. and submitted my spousal application a few months later from Montreal.They received my application on Nov 14th 2011.It started being processed on jan 27th 2012. I got my CSQ very quickly, and the federal government ask me to send my fingerprints, which I did also. It has been 4 months since the last correspondence with CIC. Just one month ago I went to my refugee hearing.My claim was denied and I have appealed the decision.Will this lengthen my sponsorship process, or does this mean that I will definitely be required to go for an interview to prove that the marriage is legitimate?.I sent all the necessary prove of the marrage. Pictures of us hanging out, pictures of the marrage, my wifes whole family and extended family was there,pictures of our honey moon,receipts from the wedding, hotel receipts from the honey moon,pictures of my wifes family visiting us in montreal,pictures of my family visiting us,joint leases,joint account statements,bills,hydro,phone,internet etc.Wife is from New Brunswick, and that where the marriage was held.Also I have conditional discharge, but from what I hear thats not a conviction, so it doesnt matter.

So, Im definately going to have an interview?

Will the process be long now because of my refugee claim and conditional discharge?

sorry for the long post, but im nervous.....

ABMIR

Star Member
Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-11
Doc's Request.
10-11-2012
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
Paris:10-08-2011/CIO:04-04-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
25/04/12
Med's Request
16/05/12
Med's Done....
26/05/12
Interview........
14-02-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
when GOD wish
Ketevan said:
Hi Abmir,
Please advise if there are any updates on your file.
Hello ketevan,
The only things updated till now is they add another line to the ecas saying medical received,there was something missing in our file,London VO send us an email to ask for clarification which we did,Canadian officials are very tough about anything missing,lets hope everything is fine and Inshaallah some good news soon.
Good luck God bless
ABMIR

reginaforquebec

May 20, 2012
nevillek said:
God.. I was ready to file my app on my own since March but decided to apply thru consultant paying them 50k rs...they kept wasting time asking for more n more docs and telling me that it will be sent this week itself, etc. etc....and here I am, they suspended it completely for another 9 months.. disgusted

What's shady is they put a cap of 14300 first, just 2 weeks ago, the no. of recd. applications for our category was around 600....and now they suddenly stop it completely till 2013.. atleast FSW announced such a change at the end of the july-to-july cycle, not like these morons changing rules every 1 month without consideration of the people who invest so much time and money in this
Hi nevillek

Can I know whose consultant agency are you using? Thanks

reginaforquebec

May 20, 2012
mkshah said:
Hi,
read this story in English here:

Published July 13, 2012 at 05:00 | Updated July 13, 2012 at 5:00
Economic Immigration: Quebec closes the door

(Quebec) collapsing under the applications for selection certificates submitted by foreign nationals in the category of economic immigration, the Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities is compelled to suspend receipt until March 31, 2013.
However, this exceptional measure does not affect the handling of cases of foreign workers who are recruited by Quebec companies to meet specific needs - and desperate - labor.

"Historically, we always get a number of immigration applications was relatively balanced with respect to our objectives determined by our annual planning and our ability to process files," said Montserrat Escola, the communications department of the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC). "For three years, however, we receive a volume of applications that significantly exceed our needs and our processing capacity."

Thus, the group of foreign nationals in the category of economic immigration - that is to say, skilled workers, immigrant investors, entrepreneurs and the self - the number of applications received by the Department literally exploded. 30 000 applications in 2008, this figure rose to 65,000 in 2011, Escola said Ms. Sun.

Faced with this avalanche of requests and considerations of prudent management, the Council of Ministers, under the recommendation of the Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, Kathleen Weil, adopted June 27, a decree authorizing the suspension of receipt of applications for selection certificates submitted by foreign nationals in the category of economic migration for a period up to March 31, 2013.

Annual Immigration Plan

The Immigration Act allows Quebec, in effect, to the Minister to suspend the receipt of applications for selection certificates for a specified period if it determines that the number of requests for a category of foreign nationals will, significantly, higher than the estimate provided in Annual Immigration Plan or that applications will be processed in a class at the expense of other demands given the capacity and integration of Quebec.

You should know that 70% of the 51,737 immigrants to Quebec in 2011 came from the category of economic immigration, mainly from the subset of skilled workers. The other gateways permanent immigration are those of family reunification (20%), Refugees (9%) and on humanitarian grounds (1%).

Immigration Plan provides for the issue of Quebec, for the year 2012, 39 000 and 41 000 selection certificates to foreign nationals belonging to the subset of skilled workers and members of their families accompanying them . However, the MICC has received 51,111 applications for selection certificates Quebec for fiscal year 2010-2011 and 53 890 for 2011-2012.

In the case of sub-categories of immigrant investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed, the Plan provides for the issue of immigration from 9000 to 10,000 certificates. MICC has received 9,433 requests in 2010-2011 and 7454 last year for these three subcategories.

In its planning immigration levels 2012-2015, the ministry aims a relative stabilization of the volume of admissions to 50,000 people a year. He also wants to maintain an annual minimum of 65% share of economic immigrants in all admissions.

In addition, Ms. Escola was keen to reassure companies that travel the world for finding workers not found in Quebec they will not be penalized by the measure that just passed. Instead, the handling of cases of foreign workers hired by companies to fill specific needs for labor will be even more speed

Hi mkshah

I think this news is regarding what the changes they made last June 27, 2012. The intake application in the website still the same so skilled workers applicant still can apply.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
reginaforquebec said:
Hi mkshah

I think this news is regarding what the changes they made last June 27, 2012. The intake application in the website still the same so skilled workers applicant still can apply.
Yes reginaforquebec, There is nothing new in this news article regarding change in rules for qsw. It is the same as announcement made by them recently.
Yes, there is the explanation in the news article about why this decision of suspending qsw till March 2013 is taken.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
reginaforquebec said:
Hi nevillek

Can I know whose consultant agency are you using? Thanks
I will PM you.

BilalKhan101

Jul 11, 2012
Dear All,

I have following two questions and I would appreciate a reply any time sooner;

1- For the educational transcripts, is it necessary to get them sealed in the university envelope by the university staff?

2- Secondly, I did not actually get the requirement of tax returns. In Pakistan, your employer remains responsible for submitting your Taxes. You can not directly contact Tax office to get your record. It means that a statement on the experience letter about the Tax payment would be enough. Or the experience letter mentioning the tax number is going to satisfy the requirement?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Bilal

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
BilalKhan101 said:
Dear All,

I have following two questions and I would appreciate a reply any time sooner;

1- For the educational transcripts, is it necessary to get them sealed in the university envelope by the university staff?

2- Secondly, I did not actually get the requirement of tax returns. In Pakistan, your employer remains responsible for submitting your Taxes. You can not directly contact Tax office to get your record. It means that a statement on the experience letter about the Tax payment would be enough. Or the experience letter mentioning the tax number is going to satisfy the requirement?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Bilal
Dear Bilal,

1. It is not necessary to sealed them from university if you want you can but not required by them.
2. You should ask you employer to provide you income tax return as it is normal practice in Pakistan.

BilalKhan101

Jul 11, 2012
Hello Javeed,

Thanks for the quick reply. If you are applying from Pakistan, I would like to discuss about the Birth Certificates also. NADRA issues a family certificate which is an authorized comprehensive document/letter containing all your family members e.g. Spouse and each child having their CNIC numbers and Birth dates. Do you think this single letter would rather be more appropriate in place of submitting individual birth certificates?

Thanks,
Bilal

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
BilalKhan101 said:
Hello Javeed,

Thanks for the quick reply. If you are applying from Pakistan, I would like to discuss about the Birth Certificates also. NADRA issues a family certificate which is an authorized comprehensive document/letter containing all your family members e.g. Spouse and each child having their CNIC numbers and Birth dates. Do you think this single letter would rather be more appropriate in place of submitting individual birth certificates?

Thanks,
Bilal
this is the same documents as "Form B" previously government of Pakistan was issued but this is not acceptable.

BilalKhan101

Jul 11, 2012
javeedislam said:
this is the same documents as "Form B" previously government of Pakistan was issued but this is not acceptable.
Javeed, Sorry didn't get your response. Could you please clarify which document would be acceptable as Birth Certificate? It is the Form B, any NADRA certificate or a Certificate from the respective union council (which is the pre-req. of Passport)?

Bilal

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
hi Abmir, thanks a lot for updating. I am closely following your trackitt case. Please don't forget to update when you receive passport request.
By the way, I thought it is the job of Sydney, NS to check the file for completeness before forwarding it to London. It seems your case officer in London is very strict, if he was not satisfied.

I wish you the smoothest processing. I firmly believe that you will get passport request soon as your case was going very fast until now.

Katayoon

ABMIR said:
Hello ketevan,
The only things updated till now is they add another line to the ecas saying medical received,there was something missing in our file,London VO send us an email to ask for clarification which we did,Canadian officials are very tough about anything missing,lets hope everything is fine and Inshaallah some good news soon.
Good luck God bless
ABMIR

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
BilalKhan101 said:
Javeed, Sorry didn't get your response. Could you please clarify which document would be acceptable as Birth Certificate? It is the Form B, any NADRA certificate or a Certificate from the respective union council (which is the pre-req. of Passport)?

Bilal
Dear Bilal,

They require Birth certificate, now a days in Pakistan Birth certificate issued by many authorities like Union Council, Municipality as well as NADRA, you can submit whichever you have, I submitted Municipality for myself and wife and NADRA for my son.