Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
vibez_well said:
manibalan,
hope you take this in the right spirit.

Unfortunately, your language scores are very poor and you will get
2+2=4 for English and 0 points for French.
Less than 15 in A1 will fetch you 0 pts. You have to reappear for the A1,but make sure you attend a daily class at Alliance Francaise. It will be better if you can attend some coaching for IELTS too. I assume you;re an Indian and you would have had enough exposure to English. You probably need to get used to the test format and lots of practise. Do that and there are lots of pts that you can take away for Anglais. All the best ! :)
Thank you so much for response...
yes. i am going to re-take the exam again. But consultant (Y-axis) says i have enough points even i got in 0 point in french. 6yrs exp + master degree + migrate with family (wife, kid). currently working in singapore.
but i am afraid to apply with this low level language proficiency. Thanks. i didnt prepare well for DELF / IELTS. Thanks mate.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
dont know the specifics of how they calculated your score, maybe its right... but make sure you secure yourself against unwanted surprises. quebec stream as it is, aint transparent. so higher scores are an insurance against rejection. better waste 4-5 months than risk it.

manibalan said:
Thank you so much for response...
yes. i am going to re-take the exam again. But consultant (Y-axis) says i have enough points even i got in 0 point in french. 6yrs exp + master degree + migrate with family (wife, kid). currently working in singapore.
but i am afraid to apply with this low level language proficiency. Thanks. i didnt prepare well for DELF / IELTS. Thanks mate.

sigelopisan

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Push back to Jan 2013 (hopefully)
If I decide to apply under QSW and by the time when FSW open in early 2013, still no good news (acceptance) from QSW, can I apply FSW?

The only trouble I have is my bad French :(

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
sigelopisan said:
If I decide to apply under QSW and by the time when FSW open in early 2013, still no good news (acceptance) from QSW, can I apply FSW?

The only trouble I have is my bad French :(
Yes. French is not so easy to clear the exam. they conduct only twice in year. for me, my job not listed in the FSW NOC(Software Developer). thats why i am looking Quebec.

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
manibalan said:
Yes. French is not so easy to clear the exam. they conduct only twice in year. for me, my job not listed in the FSW NOC(Software Developer). thats why i am looking Quebec.
@manibalan
same story with me dude :)

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not easy to learn french

& during interview he will tell you that you applied quebec because your NOC not in FSW

since you dont speak french well, you will leave Quebec to Toronto ;D

Its true... so either make it by high french level B1 or....

manibalan said:

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Manibalan

I appeared for A1 level exam in Feb 2012 and managed to get the necessary marks (16/25) for both listening and speaking. I advise you to take up AF A1 level course. It will prepare you well for the examination. Learning french is no rocket science...just little bit of practice and developing pronunciation skills...

Start practicing for your exams before a month...use these websites (www.larousse.com) and even google translate sometime (dont depend much on google tranlsate as it translates word to word)

I did this and thought to share this with you...hope this helps..!!

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-12-16.pdf

When I went through this list..I was horrified to see the following areas of training carry no weightage:

• Business Administration (U002)
    Accounting and accounting sciences (U024)
    Personnel Management (U073)
    Management and Business Administration (U074)

These are all Masters degree obtained in India after formal education of 16 or 17 years.

Is Gestion de commerces (Business Management – DEC 3 yrs) (U018) equivalent to M.com / BMS in Business Management, which is obtained after 17 years of education in India.

Logically speaking as per new AOT list, M.com in Accounting (U024) does not qualify for any points under AOT whereas M.com in Business Management or BMS qualifies for points under AOT.

I welcome suggestions from other senior members. I hope my interpretation is logical..this new idea of allotment of points under AOT released few days back is very confusing.

kumarpk

Jul 4, 2012
Hi guyz,

if we submit the application and if we are short of some points, will the application get rejected or will they give us a chance to update our points?

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
Can Federal PR live in Quebec without CSQ?

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Examination of the application

Your application is examined in accordance with the regulation in effect.

One of three decisions is made once your application has been assessed:
•Selection based on the file: In some cases, an interview is not necessary and the application is processed solely on the basis of the applicant’s file. If you have attained the general passing scores of the selection grid, the interview may not be required. In this case, you will receive a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate) in the mail as well as information about Québec. You will be notified of the next steps in your immigration process.

•Notice of intent to refuse the application: You will receive a letter informing you that your application will be refused, unless you provide, within 60 days, documented proof to justify reviewing the decision. If the requested proof is received within the prescribed timeframe, the review of your application will continue. Failing that, your application will be refused without further notice. You then have the possibility to submit a request for an administrative review.

• Notice to attend an interview: If the preliminary review of your application is positive, you will be invited to a selection interview. This notice specifies the date, time and place of the interview as well as the documents you will have to have on hand.

During this interview, the immigration counsellor reviews the information provided in the Application for a Selection Certificate, particularly the information on schooling, work experience and language knowledge. The counsellor will also ask you questions to assess the feasibility of your immigration plans. This evaluation primarily focuses on your knowledge of Québec, the steps you have taken and your personal suitability with respect to your professional activities.

The selection interview is the ideal time to talk about your immigration plan with the counsellor and to ask questions.

Approximate duration of the selection interview: 30 to 60 minutes.

Following the interview, three results are possible:

Approval: If the assessment is positive, the counsellor will inform you of the next steps to follow in your immigration process. If possible, the counsellor will immediately issue your Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate). Otherwise it will be mailed to you. You will also receive a kit containing important information which you will be asked to read carefully. Depending on your needs, the counsellor may also give you other specific documents.

Refusal: If the assessment reveals that you do not meet the selection criteria, an explanatory letter is given to you. You will then have the possibility to submit a request for an administrative review.

Notice of intent to refuse the application: If supporting documentation is missing, the counsellor will give you an explanatory notice of intent to refuse the application. You will then have 60 days to provide the proof requested. If you do not provide the necessary proof within this timeframe, your application will be refused without further notice. You will then have the possibility to submit a request for an administrative review.

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
Got my official federal AOR today! I say official because I already knew my application fees where charged to my CC. Email states that my application is being forwarded to the corresponding visa office. Got my UCI and application number, tries to check status but I was unable to on CIC's web page.

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
niravk said:
Hi friends

When I went through this list..I was horrified to see the following areas of training carry no weightage:

• Business Administration (U002)
    Accounting and accounting sciences (U024)
    Personnel Management (U073)
    Management and Business Administration (U074)

These are all Masters degree obtained in India after formal education of 16 or 17 years.

Is Gestion de commerces (Business Management – DEC 3 yrs) (U018) equivalent to M.com / BMS in Business Management, which is obtained after 17 years of education in India.

Logically speaking as per new AOT list, M.com in Accounting (U024) does not qualify for any points under AOT whereas M.com in Business Management or BMS qualifies for points under AOT.

I welcome suggestions from other senior members. I hope my interpretation is logical..this new idea of allotment of points under AOT released few days back is very confusing.

Hi Niravk,

You got me worried for a minute because I recently sent my application (I have a 3 years BA degree in Management Studies) which is close to code U074, so in my application I put down code U074. Looking at the link you posted, it says 12-16 points, I think the Management/Business Degrees you are talking about are not in that list because they carry 6 points and that grid you're looking at is 12-16 points. If you look at the list that says 6 points, I'm pretty sure the Management/Business Degrees will fall in that.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hello friends,
They have updated the page on July 3rd, 2012 for processing times of CSQ applications.
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/processing-times-table.html

For my country India, BIQ-HK, now it is updated as "currently no selection interview"... Previously, it was showing as October-2010.

Pls check for your biqs too...

So, guys get ready for Interview Season coming very soon.... :) :)

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
Hello everybody
I got the CSQ I wish the best for all I will right in detail my experience soon but I like to tell everybody if you do not French do not go we were not allowed to speak a word in English
regards