April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
kimi_kaur said:
bt most of the consultants count 10 points for it.....any specific reason...harit79 pls clarify..
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

starting page 6 there's a list of countries, diplomas and corresponding points for education, pls refer to this :)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@ kimikaur & gladiusraj,
there are 2 guidelines for calculating points of education, one is in general way that is published on website, however, different countries have different time period for different degrees and quebec authorities have given different weightages to these for each country.

As stngr has given the link in his post, it gives the comparison of degrees of specific countries with quebec equivalent degree and correspondig points awarded to principal applicant and to spouse.

so, for indian bachelors degree of 3 years, only 6 points are awarded to principal applicant as per this comparison table of quebec degrees.

Stngr said:
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

starting page 6 there's a list of countries, diplomas and corresponding points for education, pls refer to this :)

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
I am planning to put a file for quebec.

I really need your help for quebec immigration.
Please suggest on below information given
AM I eligibal for Quebec immigration.

Details are given below.

Name:- vishal
Education:- 10+2+3(BCa;- Bachelor of computer application)
Experiance:- 8 years
French Level:- A1 & A2 completed.Preparing for B1.
Ielts Completed :- 5.5 bands
I have 1 two years old child.

My wife details are given below

education:- 10+2+3(BA;- Bachelor of Arts)
She has completed French level A1.and preparing for A2.

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
mkshah said:
@ kimikaur & gladiusraj,
there are 2 guidelines for calculating points of education, one is in general way that is published on website, however, different countries have different time period for different degrees and quebec authorities have given different weightages to these for different counties.

As stngr has given the link in his post, it gives the comparison of degrees of specific countries with quebec equivalent degree and correspondig points awarded to principal applicant and to spouse.

so, for indian bachelors degree of 3 years, only 6 points are awarded to principal applicant as per this comparison table of quebec degrees.
Dear MK, What about master degree like I have done MBA ?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi c82,
Pls see below link: I have answered your query in this post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html;msg1232359#msg1232359

c82 said:
I am planning to put a file for quebec.

I really need your help for quebec immigration.
Please suggest on below information given
AM I eligibal for Quebec immigration.

Details are given below.

Name:- vishal
Education:- 10+2+3(BCa;- Bachelor of computer application)
Experiance:- 8 years
French Level:- A1 & A2 completed.Preparing for B1.
Ielts Completed :- 5.5 bands
I have 1 two years old child.

My wife details are given below

education:- 10+2+3(BA;- Bachelor of Arts)
She has completed French level A1.and preparing for A2.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
c82,
ofcourse you can. sometimes thats the best way fwd too. saves you money and unneccessary hassle. there is no special priority given to applications coming thru agents. everythings fair in love, war and immigration. ;)

do all your homework on the official sites and raise your doubts on this forum. there are plenty of people to help you out. all the best.

c82 said:
MKShah Sir,
Can I put file without any agent?
Thanks in advance

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
c82 said:
MKShah Sir,

Can I put file without any agent?

Thanks in advance
hi c82,
pls read my this post on following link...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html;msg1220562#msg1220562

kps2011

Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear seniors,

I have a very urgent query to get clarify reg my spouse AOT.Please add your responses for my below query.

1. My spouse is MBA in Finance and having 9+ years of exp.Out of which currently 5+ years in to SAP FICO in IT and rest into Finance relating to his MBA.

But Finance exp is totally before he pursue his MBA.

So add your suggestions,whether he will be given 2 AOT points for his SAP FICO in IT or for Finance exp(before MBA) or not given any points ?

Waiting for your replies.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi kps2011,
pls read the related post to query:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html;msg1224698#msg1224698

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37196.0.html;msg1228149#msg1228149

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html;msg1219013#msg1219013

kps2011 said:
Dear seniors,

I have a very urgent query to get clarify reg my spouse AOT.Please add your responses for my below query.

1. My spouse is MBA in Finance and having 9+ years of exp.Out of which currently 5+ years in to SAP FICO in IT and rest into Finance relating to his MBA.

But Finance exp is totally before he pursue his MBA.

So add your suggestions,whether he will be given 2 AOT points for his SAP FICO in IT or for Finance exp(before MBA) or not given any points ?

Waiting for your replies.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi caribgrl55,
congrats friend..
I wish you good life for you and your family in dreamland :)
Keep sharing your experiences with us :)

caribgrl55 said:
Hi all, just an update that I landed in Montreal on Jan 17. All processes at the airport went very smoothly and quickly (about 45 minutes). I believe there was only 1 other person who landed at about the same time as me, which is why it went so quickly. The immigration officer did ask me about POF and if any of my status changed (married, criminal etc).

I did the following in the same order: Applied for my SIN, opened a bank account, applied for my health card, all while job hunting. Had an interview yesterday for a call center job which I got and start on Monday. Not the ideal job, but something for now.

Weather is very cold, but once you dress well enough, it's not unbearable. You have to ensure that your extremities are warm (hands, feel, head), because that makes a big difference in how you feel.

The language you hear the most here is French, then English, then lots of other languages from around the world. Most people who deal with customers are bilingual (French and English). Use the time while you wait for your PR approval to improve your French, as this will give you a jump start once you get here.

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
mkshah said:
hi c82,
pls read my this post on following link...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html;msg1220562#msg1220562
Dear Mkshah, How many points i get for MBA in 2008 ??? For education and AOT ?

hokaito

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
1123 / 4163 / 0124
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

I am applying through one of the immigration agencies over here in Mumbai. It took me more than 2 months to complete the documentation part (the biggest problem was that of the transcripts from my college) :mad:. Have enrolled myself for A1 classes in AF Mumbai and received a IELTS score of 7.5. Me and my spouse together have points more than what are required but the agent says that unless the french test certificates are not submitted, the immigration office will not process my request. Is that true?

Need help on this on a priority basis.

Regards,

hokaito

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
hokaito said:
Hi!

I am applying through one of the immigration agencies over here in Mumbai. It took me more than 2 months to complete the documentation part (the biggest problem was that of the transcripts from my college) :mad:. Have enrolled myself for A1 classes in AF Mumbai and received a IELTS score of 7.5. Me and my spouse together have points more than what are required but the agent says that unless the french test certificates are not submitted, the immigration office will not process my request. Is that true?

Need help on this on a priority basis.

Regards,

hokaito
Yes your consultant is correct.

hokaito

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
1123 / 4163 / 0124
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in that case i am planning to apply for DELF A1 this february and DELF A2 this may. I suppose only then i will be able to atleast submit my application. It is a pain starting your classes early morning for which you have to leave your home by 4.30 am and returning home by 10.00 pm. Looks like i will have to shed some extra sweat for getting a CSQ.