Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
maryr said:
hi seniors,

i'm planning to take A1 this may. i declared beginner 4 in may application which is equivalent to A2. is it ok to update them at a later stage (july 2012) with my new french result after my TEFAQ exam on july?

thanks in advance.
Hey maryr,

As you said you declared level 4 on your application, if you submit the results for A1 you will be marked according to A1 you will not get A2 score. If i were you I will do A1 in May to get a feel or an idea of the exam....and later in July if the TEFaQ result shows that I am A2 (or even higher level) then I will submit that score. Reason is you showed A2 so support that claim with evidence first and then move higher, if you show A1 you may risk losing points instead of gaining.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Patriots1700 said:
On my last post i forgot to ask about where i should send my application guys...any help ? I live in the US but i was wondering if for Quebec i can still apply to my home country if i want and if it's possible where can i found the address that i need to send my application ? I have seen people here that applied from their home country while being in the US even though they could applied from here , and some that were in Canada and still chose their home country , i am asking because i don't know if for Quebec it would be the same .Thank you
Hey Patriots

Firstly, you can go to this web site to find out which office covers your territory http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html...go to the section where it says "our offices are all over the world." type the name of your country to determine where you should send your application.

Then, you can go to this link to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp for the address.

You can only apply from the US as the country you legally reside if:

•The country where you legally reside other than as a visitor (tourist) or asylum seeker.
• You must have been legally admitted to this country for a period of at least one year.
• You must be residing in this country at the time of receipt by the immigration office concerned of your application for a selection certificate or your application for a certificate of acceptance.

Yes, the option exists where you can apply stating the country you originated from rather than your host country (USA) but be mindful if you are called for interview you may have to travel back home (or the region that covers your teritory) to the interview

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey Vicky

Dont worry too much....and be optimistic

Firstly, you applied in 2010 so you should be assessed according to the rule at that time. Initially you claimed zero but later updated them with A1 and A2 respectively, this looks good on you as it shows your desire to learn the language pricipal in Quebec. So providing you got more than 16 for listening and speaking in A2 you will be given 6 points.

Simply send an update form to your BIQ with the supporting documents, this will change your language ability from zero to approximately level 4
thanks Bajan 4 a motivation pill....:)
I have sent u a PM kindly check that..

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
lemans207 said:
I think decision is taken b4 each ones interview :p (And it depends if u are scoring 49 points or not, if notthan rejection)
at the end i beleive they want us to immigrate, just show them your good and yolu want to stay in quebec ( I dont think so they dont want every one to immigrate,only those who can speak french, remember its a french province and they want to keep it french speaking province).
language its not important( it is the key to success, and its is mandatory without it u can not enter), anyone can learn it in 6 month in Quebec.

just perform well and dont lie.

the interviewer isnt there to bring troubles for us(agreed), they want us to pass the interview(not really only for those who can speak french easily) but we should help him/her to give us points ;)

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey maryr,

As you said you declared level 4 on your application, if you submit the results for A1 you will be marked according to A1 you will not get A2 score. If i were you I will do A1 in May to get a feel or an idea of the exam....and later in July if the TEFaQ result shows that I am A2 (or even higher level) then I will submit that score. Reason is you showed A2 so support that claim with evidence first and then move higher, if you show A1 you may risk losing points instead of gaining.
MAryr,

Go for A1 than A2 and TEFAQ after wards..If u update them with A1 u will not be given 4 points..

maryr

Star Member
Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014 (Email)
AOR Received.
January 2012
thank you Bajan4Quebec and VickyRocks.

I will be taking A1 this May 24th and will appear for TEFAQ on July so i can update BIQ with A2 points. I will be sending them my A1 result then update them after taking TEFAQ.

Thanks again.

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friends this is conformed the attestation of results given 1 month after delf exam is not acceptable therefore plzz dont rely on your delf attestation for claiming points they will reject it only the official diploma is recognized according to new rules i quote from the immigration handbook used by the immigration officer at the time of awarding poits to an pplicant's file

"Les attestations TEFaQ et TEF antérieures au 1
er
juin 2012 ne comportent pas de résultat < A1. C’est pourquoi il
ne faut pas accorder de points :
- en compréhension orale si le score obtenu à cette épreuve est inférieur à 28 points;
- en expression orale si le score obtenu à cette épreuve est inférieur à 34 points.
Les relevés de résultats d'une session DELF ou DALF ne sont pas acceptés comme preuve de compétence en français.
Pour faire valoir des résultats obtenus aux épreuves du DELF ou du DALF, il est nécessaire de produire un
exemplaire de diplôme émis par la Commission nationale du DELF-DALF.

therefore only rely on tef or tefaq results they arrive quick within 20 days
as i carefully read on my attestation result of delf a2 this attestation is done by ambassador which is not accepted they need results approved by commision nationale du delf dalf hich comes after 4-5 months

so plz take tcf or tefaq if you dont have that diploma in your hands yet
as is evident that just 512 applications were accepted this makes it even more clear that the influx of applications is same but that rejection rate has increased due to strict documentation requirements and language proficiency requirements

comments accepted from everyone
thank you
this is the link i am pasting here

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
The attestation of réussite does come from the Commission nationale du DELF et du DALF.

I believe that 'relevés de résultats' may be referring to the prep classes for DELF or DALF that candidates take before taking the actual exam.

The purpose of the attestation is actually to give candidate quick results, so they can use it for administration reasons (immigration, university, etc. It should bear the same power as the diploma.

I sent my application a couple of days ago with the 'attestation of réussite' with 19.5 for compréhension orale and 22 for expression orale. I would be very surprised if my application is deemed incomplete for not providing the actual diploma.

If you check the GPI-3-1 document, you will also notice that they have a way of checking your results directly, so asking for the diploma would be truly a way of penalizing applicants.

"Au moment de l’examen de la demande, le fonctionnaire à l’immigration s’assure de l’authenticité des résultats indiqués sur les attestations en utilisant les informations disponibles dans les sites sécurisés des fournisseurs (organismes émetteurs). Pour ce faire, il doit avoir préalablement obtenu l’autorisation de son gestionnaire pour accéder aux sites sécurisés de validation."

In any case I will let you know when I hear from them.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
m81, I think your logic is more correct. I spoke to the Montreal office lady who confirmed with her superior that an original provisional certificate showing marks would naturally be accepted even if it's not the main certificate. But ofcourse, we can't rely on advice over the phone. But people won't be bothered about this much now because only 512 applications have gone in so everyone has plenty of time to wait for the main certificates and then send their application to be on the safer side.

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is any body hear in this forum who can confirm whether they accepted his attestation of delf as the new requirement in the handbook specifically mentions providing diploma and not attestation of delf results which is very tedious as diplomas dont come quickly and take about 4-5 months i would like to hear from those who applied in march (not just after 21st march but also before) ho might have got aor with attestation results only

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
appreciate your response m81 but the line i quote from your reply
""Au moment de l'examen de la demande, le fonctionnaire à l'immigration s'assure de l'authenticité des résultats indiqués sur les attestations en utilisant les informations disponibles dans les sites sécurisés des fournisseurs (organismes émetteurs). Pour ce faire, il doit avoir préalablement obtenu l'autorisation de son gestionnaire pour accéder aux sites sécurisés de validation."

this is for the anglais section and not the francais section this clause means that for english there is online database with idp ielts and therefore they can log into that databse with permission from idp guys and confirm your ielts results on your trf with their database

but for french there is no online database all the record are with the local alliance francaise and with commision nationale that is why it is tedious for them to verify your results of french given by attestation with any permanent record with the organisation which issued you the exam certificate thats why they are more strict with delf/dalf results and therefore the clause for delf dalf i again quote

Les relevés de résultats d'une session DELF ou DALF ne sont pas acceptés comme preuve de compétence en français.
Pour faire valoir des résultats obtenus aux épreuves du DELF ou du DALF, il est nécessaire de produire un
exemplaire de diplôme émis par la Commission nationale du DELF-DALF.

clearly states that only diplomas are accepted for delf/dalf the term releves de resultats means statement of results which is the case with attestations they are just statements and not official results the official is the diploma only in delf/dalf which is authentic and undisputable

the views can be different and even if you contact secretaries/phone attendents at the biq they will also have many opinions but ultimately it is the officer which decides and he decides in accordance with the rules in handbook strictly and not through opinions
therefore it might even be possible that one or two may get accepted with attestations but that will not be the case with everyone as there is lot of ambiguity here and everything seems dima and unclear

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
je voudrais savoir si ya des ecoles publiques primaires et secondaires anglaises a montreal, j'ai entendu dire que c'est difficile d'inscrire ses enfants dans des ecoles anglaises au Quebec car la scolarisation est obligatoirement en Francais . moi je suis Agerien et je compte immigrer tres prochainnement au Quebec avec ma femme Algerienne aussi et mes 2 enfants, mais le probleme c'est que mes enfants etudient en langue anglaise etant donné qu'on vit a Dubai acctuelement et suivent un systeme scolaire anglais. et je veux qu'ils continuent sur le meme systeme anglais. est ce que ca serait facile et possible de les inscrire dans des ecoles anglaises a Montreal ? ou dois je voir du coté canadien anglais (sachant que je prefere Montreal).
merci de me repondre.

rana_Quebec

Jun 3, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad but now LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
Med's Request
17 nov 2014
Med's Done....
25 nov 2014
Interview........
they put us in interview que but removed after sending them more proofs and explanations i got to know from notes
Passport Req..
July 20 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 7 2015
LANDED..........
september inshallah
Dear all

Today i got MR for my wife , its amazing CHC London sent it in 1 month only.

prey for me

thanks

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
rana_Quebec said:
Dear all

Today i got MR for my wife , its amazing CHC London sent it in 1 month only.

prey for me

thanks
Good luck rana Inshallah the next stage will be much faster...Please pray for us all..

buzzowski

Apr 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/05/2012
After I passed DELF exam, I got that RELEVE thing and it is logical that could not be accepted as proof..but then I went to Alliance and they gave me ATTESTATION... My exam was in February and I will get my diploma in October... I really hope they are not so s... not to take attestation as proof...