BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Hi fxtrader777,

irrespective of whether you apply alone or along with your spouse, the time taken remains the same. the qualifying cutoffs also remain the same. only thing is that you need to furnish additional documents and pay $152 extra.

the immigration process is anyways going to take a long time, why not apply now. saves you from the hassle of getting 'qualified' to sponsor a spouse and going thru the whole process again. you can both apply now, get the visa and spousey can decide to come later. think abt it and plan well. all the best. :)

plus immigration rules arent getting any easier for anyone, apply while you can.

fxtrader777 said:
So my situation is the following: I am emigrating alone now, but I have wife, which I plan to sponsor later. So I am filling as principal applicant and I do not indicate in application my spouse? Is this correct. She is not accompanying right now.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Baver,

since your cards ahev already been rejected twice, dont take the risk of sending in card numbers again. you dont need to go to canadian banks to get yourself an international dd.

just go to any of the banks and say that you need to get a draft payable in Canadian dollars. Most banks have a system where they're tied up with Canadian banks and issue drafts payable in Canada. you will have to do some footwork and go to some 3-4 banks maybe. but it will be there. or go to some international banks - Citi / HSBC. they will have it for sure.

you need to send the payment NOW. run buddy ! 8) :)
Baver said:
I have a debit mastercard. I already sent my debit mastercard info the first time. They couldnt cash in.

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Debit cards in most cases doesnt work as credit cards - you can or get a regular credit card or get check/money order - personally i'd go for gettin regular credit card

vibez_well said:
some international banks - Citi / HSBC. they will have it for sure.
Wont be so sure cause i work there and its pretty hard to get something if you dont have account there

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
CSQ received November 12, 2013
Hi Egrace,

Thanks for your wishes and the very same to you. Nice to see you back on the thread. Still waitng on CSQ they said 10 months minimum I am just at the 9th month. Hope I wil hear something soon.

Wish you all the best on your continued success.

Carro

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gigianne2011 said:
Oh my! egrace that's bloody cold.. ;( how many jackets and sweatshirts you wearing? how much does a callcenter agent get paid per hour?..
oh well, I have just gotten my AOR this month dated Dec 10, 2011.. due to notoriously slow mails around dec up to this month.. i recieved my mail last Jan 13.. but im being thankful i have it atlast, now I have to wait for more weeks and months for the next steps.. :=) i hope to be patient and i pray that my application runs smoothly .. (fingers crossed)
call center agents earn a minimum of 10$ per hour for english speakers... but for the bilingual pple, they earn a minimum of 12$ per hour depending on the company.... bank call center agents pays a minimum of 15$ per hour while some credit card coy pays. Telecoms call center agent in bell earns 14.5$/hr starting wage, FIDO/ Rogers earns 15.5$/hrs, TELUS earns 19-22$/hr depending on the project. 99% of the call centres runs 24/7 365days a year
as per the cold, we av got no choice, we keep decking ourselves with thick clothes... actually minus 17 as i write .

@ CARRO, i knw u will get something from them soon

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Hey Carro,

I applied just two months after you, I am from Barbados currently living in Trinidad...let me know how your progress goes and i will do likewise...

Good luck

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
CSQ received November 12, 2013
Bajan4,

Nice to have you on board will surely let you know how its going. All the best to you.

Carro

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
xse2573 said:
Do any one knows when the next CSQ interview will be starting for the year 2012?
Xse2573

For some reason I couldnt post links, so I will direct you how:

1) Google MICC Quebec Canada
2) Select the link "Immigration-Quebec - Home page"
3) In the Search bar on that web page type "schedule missions"

Voila! the first couple links shows the CSQ mission dates for those who applied as a "skilled worker" or those under the "business class" stream from December 2011 until March 2012

4) Click on the link you need (skilled worker or business) and then click again for the PDF

Hope this helps

Tawa

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
Nomination.....
28-09-2013
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
if we didn't receive any invitation till now that mean we are not scheduled in this missions ?
how much time they give us between sending the invitation letter for the interview and the interview it self ?
Bajan4Quebec said:
Xse2573

Voila! the first couple links shows the CSQ mission dates for those who applied as a "skilled worker" or those under the "business class" stream from December 2011 until March 2012

4) Click on the link you need (skilled worker or business) and then click again for the PDF

Hope this helps

Tawa

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
Nomination.....
28-09-2013
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Hi every body
i have question please, i waiting for my CSQ any time soon and i want get married . can i send my application to the federal and after add here? and if that's possible how much time i will lose or should i just wait and get my pr and after sponsor here
please help
my information : i temporarily working in Canada ( Ontario )and my future wife from Tunisia and she is their

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Bajan4Quebec said:
Xse2573

Hope this helps
Thanks so much Bajan4Quebec!!! The links was very helpful...now my question is similar to that posted by "Tawa"
Tawa said:
if we didn't receive any invitation till now that mean we are not scheduled in this missions ?
how much time they give us between sending the invitation letter for the interview and the interview it self ?
I already have a letter saying "I am on the waiting list"...so what is the time distance between the waiting list for interview period and the interview dates itself?.."Any one with info"?

Thanks

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
@Tawa and xse2573

No one can say for certain how long the waiting period is as it depends on your jurisdiction and the Visa Office handling your application. General after receiving the AOR it could take a minimum of 10 months before an interview date is set.

To estimate for yourselves repeat steps 1 and 2:

step 3 changes slightly:

3) In the Search bar on that web page type "processing times"

A page will appear, requesting you to select the country where you legally reside/ or the country you listed in your application. Select your country and you will be directed to a page with "Country of residence" and "Month." Do not be mistaken - "Month" here represents the month an applicant submitted his/her application to the Visa Office for processing and not "month" to be called for interview. You shall see four (4) indexes.

1)* If you have submitted an application for immigration, consult the next update for more information.
2)* Please note that, for some of these countries, we have not received any applications for immigration.
3)* If you have submitted an application for immigration before this date and your file is complete, you should have been called for a selection interview
4)* These are foreign students, temporary workers and live-in caregivers present in Québec.

For example if your country falls into a category (like mine) where (1 and 2) or shown, the following message appears: No selection interview for these countries. This implies, that not enough applications were sent to the Visa Office from these regions. In some instances they may wait to get more applicants from these countries to send a mission there (thus longer wait) as it says you will have to consult the next "schedule missions" to see if your country was included.
Or, if your application was complete and no additional information is needed and they are generous your interview could be waived.

note 3 could be best explained by example, lets say both Tawa and xse2573 came from Brazil. Lets say xse2573 applied in May 2011 and Tawa applied in September 2011. As you can see for Brazil the date is July 2011. This implies if you submitted your application before this time (from our example xse2573), then xse2573 should have received some correspondence for an interview. Tawa on the other hand will have to wait a little longer until the next available update and then some correspondence will be sent when the interview may likely be.

so yes Tawa, if we didn't receive any invitation till now that mean we are not scheduled in this missions. You will have to consult the next

You can always indicate you are not comfortable with an interview date and wish to reschedule - but be warned - this will delay you significantly. I am sure you have noticed some countries only have one (1) mission, no telling when another will be

note 4 is self explanatory

As to how much time between the letter sent to have an interview and the actual interview, i do not know for I am not at that stage as yet. But I could advise you to start from now, think of places you want to settle, make a budget plan, make an immigration plan, that way you will not be surprised if you are called for one quickly.

Merci a a bientot, bonne chance!

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Bajan4Quebec said:
@ Tawa and xse2573

No one can say for certain how long the waiting period is as it depends on your jurisdiction and the Visa Office handling your application. General after receiving the AOR it could take a minimum of 10 months before an interview date is set.

To estimate for yourselves repeat steps 1 and 2:

step 3 changes slightly:

3) In the Search bar on that web page type "processing times"

A page will appear, requesting you to select the country where you legally reside/ or the country you listed in your application. Select your country and you will be directed to a page with "Country of residence" and "Month." Do not be mistaken - "Month" here represents the month an applicant submitted his/her application to the Visa Office for processing and not "month" to be called for interview. You shall see four (4) indexes.

1)* If you have submitted an application for immigration, consult the next update for more information.
2)* Please note that, for some of these countries, we have not received any applications for immigration.
3)* If you have submitted an application for immigration before this date and your file is complete, you should have been called for a selection interview
4)* These are foreign students, temporary workers and live-in caregivers present in Québec.

For example if your country falls into a category (like mine) where (1 and 2) or shown, the following message appears: No selection interview for these countries. This implies, that not enough applications were sent to the Visa Office from these regions. In some instances they may wait to get more applicants from these countries to send a mission there (thus longer wait) as it says you will have to consult the next "schedule missions" to see if your country was included.
Or, if your application was complete and no additional information is needed and they are generous your interview could be waived.

note 3 could be best explained by example, lets say both Tawa and xse2573 came from Brazil. Lets say xse2573 applied in May 2011 and Tawa applied in September 2011. As you can see for Brazil the date is July 2011. This implies if you submitted your application before this time (from our example xse2573), then xse2573 should have received some correspondence for an interview. Tawa on the other hand will have to wait a little longer until the next available update and then some correspondence will be sent when the interview may likely be.

so yes Tawa, if we didn't receive any invitation till now that mean we are not scheduled in this missions. You will have to consult the next

You can always indicate you are not comfortable with an interview date and wish to reschedule - but be warned - this will delay you significantly. I am sure you have noticed some countries only have one (1) mission, no telling when another will be

note 4 is self explanatory

As to how much time between the letter sent to have an interview and the actual interview, i do not know for I am not at that stage as yet. But I could advise you to start from now, think of places you want to settle, make a budget plan, make an immigration plan, that way you will not be surprised if you are called for one quickly.

Merci a a bientot, bonne chance!
Thanks Dude!!!....what a breakdown of this problem....Thanks again!!!

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Everyone

I submitted my application on 8 Nov 2010, AOR on March 2011.

Does it mean I will get my interview with the coming 6 months.

Since applications before June 2010 have been called.

Azerbaïdjan, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait City, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, West Bank

June 2010

If you have submitted an application for immigration before this date and your file is complete, you should have been called for a selection interview.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tawa said:
Hi every body
i have question please, i waiting for my CSQ any time soon and i want get married . can i send my application to the federal and after add here? and if that's possible how much time i will lose or should i just wait and get my pr and after sponsor here
please help
my information : i temporarily working in Canada ( Ontario )and my future wife from Tunisia and she is their
i would rather advise u get married now and add her. since ur CSQ stage is yet to be concluded, the delay it will course will not be significant.. waiting till u get to the federal stage b4 adding her will cause great delay cos it means ur federal application will be temporarily suspended and ur file will be sent back to the BIQ-office that initialy processed ur file so that ur points can be re-calculated based on the change in status and i dint think that is automatic. u will av to go on the queue again. the case of SHANNONE readily comes to mond here. she addeed some one to her file just after she took her medicals and beleiev u me she waited almost a year for a new Csq to b issued and she still is yet to b 2ru with d process.
so its always better to add at the csq stage than waiting until d federal process... so the choice is yours bro