29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
quebec2011 said:
In page 24 of the Quebec immigration handbook it read that if a foreign degree is corresponding to "Etude universitaire de premier cycle" 1st cycle full time university degree of quebec then the point of area of training can not be given to them. For ex : I have bachelor of business management 3 years full time degree and as per degree comparison table of quebec for INDIAN degrees it matches with the "Etude universitaire de premier cycle" and that is why as per the rule mentioned above they can't give me 6 points of area of training which is usually given to 3 year of bachelor of business management degree as per the area of training table section C foreign degree.

So my question here is that though they have that rule but in area of training forgien degree section you can find that bachelor of business management degree of 3 years will be given 6 points. why is this contradiction?

I am in the process of appealing and they have given me only 6 points for the degree in the prelim. evaluation and area of training 0 though I got my degree in the year 2010.
Please tell me what to do?

Thanks
Hey something is wrong in other matter.....my friend with Bachelor of Commerce got 6 points in training and 6 points for degree from Indian degree only... So tell me which is your university and have you submited all your transcript and marksheets?

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
Janki said:
Hey something is wrong in other matter.....my friend with Bachelor of Commerce got 6 points in training and 6 points for degree from Indian degree only... So tell me which is your university and have you submited all your transcript and marksheets?
Thanks my friend,

My university is Bangalore university and I submited my transcript along with marksheets and certified copy of degree.

Actually I completed my bachelor of business management in 2010 and it is not more than 5 years old ofcourse.I don't know why they haven't given me the area of training point though in the area of training table Section foreign it is clearly mentioned that 3 years bachelor of business management degree has 6 points.

Could you please elaborate on this?

Thank you

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi quebec2011,
I think ur related work experience is acquired before ur degree of business management, so they may have not given u points of training.
And they have given 6 points correctly for bachelors degree. :)

quebec2011 said:
Thanks my friend,

My university is Bangalore university and I submited my transcript along with marksheets and certified copy of degree.

Actually I completed my bachelor of business management in 2010 and it is not more than 5 years old ofcourse.I don't know why they haven't given me the area of training point though in the area of training table Section foreign it is clearly mentioned that 3 years bachelor of business management degree has 6 points.

Could you please elaborate on this?

Thank you

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Shouldn't be this way, your AOT has to be counted in the best way for you (to give you more points), not by experience? I remember point in GPI stating that...

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
mkshah said:
hi quebec2011,
I think ur related work experience is acquired before ur degree of business management, so they may have not given u points of training.
And they have given 6 points correctly for bachelors degree. :)
hello my friend

No my dear as per the Quebec immigration guide you don't need to have practised your degree if it is obtained within last 5 years of your application to get the AOT point.

They have given me that 4 points of experience because my 9 months of professional experience was coming in 5 years preceding my application, so this work experience was after a 1 year certificate course in human resources management.

fxtrader777

Apr 15, 2011
Do I have Chances in this case?

Well I have 20 days visa , If I visit Canada and I also apply for permanent working visa and start searching for jobs and if I find job offer from employer and I submit this job offer in addition to my permanent working visa application and also I ask for temporary working visa. Can I be granted?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
I'd say that your chances are weak. when people with a valid PR visa arent getting a job in 20 days, then i think that someone with no work authorisation will find it difficult to get a job/workpermit. heard that WP takes a long time... have to get some authorisations from the HRSDC or some dept like that..

ofcourse, if you're employed in a niche area and have rare skills very much in demand, then you shd be able to get a job quickly. no harm in trying your luck. all the best dude.

but if you manage to get a job offer and have that validated by the appropriate ministry, then you get addidional points and get your application fast-tracked. thats a good thing !

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-employment.html

fxtrader777 said:
Do I have Chances in this case?

Well I have 20 days visa , If I visit Canada and I also apply for permanent working visa and start searching for jobs and if I find job offer from employer and I submit this job offer in addition to my permanent working visa application and also I ask for temporary working visa. Can I be granted?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Another question

"If you are on the priority list, and you have received a letter saying you are on interview waiting list, does that means you will meet the next schedule batche for interview?

A friend of mine actually is asking!

Thanks

Tawa

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
Nomination.....
28-09-2013
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Merci enormenet Bajan4Quebec
Bajan4Quebec said:
@ Tawa and xse2573

No one can say for certain how long the waiting period is as it depends on your jurisdiction and the Visa Office handling your application. General after receiving the AOR it could take a minimum of 10 months before an interview date is set.

To estimate for yourselves repeat steps 1 and 2:

1) Google MICC Quebec Canada
2) Select the link "Immigration-Quebec - Home page"

step 3 changes slightly:

3) In the Search bar on that web page type "processing times"

As to how much time between the letter sent to have an interview and the actual interview, i do not know for I am not at that stage as yet. But I could advise you to start from now, think of places you want to settle, make a budget plan, make an immigration plan, that way you will not be surprised if you are called for one quickly.

Merci a a bientot, bonne chance!

Tawa

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
Nomination.....
28-09-2013
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Thank you egrace 62,
it seems i will wait till i get my papers ( PR ) and after sponsor here ,in the mean time i can start saving money :)
egrace62 said:
i would rather advise u get married now and add her. since ur CSQ stage is yet to be concluded, the delay it will course will not be significant.. waiting till u get to the federal stage b4 adding her will cause great delay cos it means ur federal application will be temporarily suspended and ur file will be sent back to the BIQ-office that initialy processed ur file so that ur points can be re-calculated based on the change in status and i dint think that is automatic. u will av to go on the queue again. the case of SHANNONE readily comes to mond here. she addeed some one to her file just after she took her medicals and beleiev u me she waited almost a year for a new Csq to b issued and she still is yet to b 2ru with d process.
so its always better to add at the csq stage than waiting until d federal process... so the choice is yours bro

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
@ Tawa

Je Vous en Prie!

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
xse2573 said:
Another question

"If you are on the priority list, and you have received a letter saying you are on interview waiting list, does that means you will meet the next schedule batche for interview?

A friend of mine actually is asking!

Thanks
@ Xse2573

The MICC has implemented a system of priority processing of skilled worker applications to be carried out in the following order: 1. Validated employment offer; 2. Preferred areas of training (applicant, spouse or a de factor spouse); 3. Others.

Therefore it is likely your friend will be in the next batch if the Visa Office have further concerns or the interview could be waived altogether...

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
fxtrader777 said:
Both French and English language tests are obligatory or just one is enough?
@fxtrader777

If you are applying under the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) stream, you stand a greater chance demonstrating the ability to communicate in both French and the English language. Quebec has its own system unlike the rest of Canada and points are awarded for both languages - as you may have guessed, more points awarded for french. If you have not applied as yet, then you will be affected by the new change, the following is taken from the MICC web site - please be guided accordingly:

Evaluation of French proficiency

Skilled worker candidates (principal claimants and spouses) who wish to obtain points for their French proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their immigration application the results of a French evaluation test issued by one of the two organizations recognized by the Ministère, specifically:

•the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris (CCIP);

•the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP);

•the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP;

•the Test de connaissance du français (TCF) of the CIEP;

•the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;

•the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) of the CIEP.

Candidates who choose to present a TEF or TCF must enclose the results of the oral comprehension test and the oral expression test. Note that written proficiency is not evaluated when applying for a Québec Selection Certificate.

The current list of TEF, TEFAQ, TCF, TCFQ, DELF and DALF accredited centres can be consulted on the respective websites of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris and the Centre international d'études pédagogiques.

Evaluation of English proficiency

Skilled worker candidates (principle claimants only) who wish to obtain points for their English proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their application the results of an English evaluation test recognized by the Ministère, namely the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).

The current list of IELTS accredited centres is available on the website of the International English Language Testing System.

Awarding of points

For the purposes of evaluating the immigration application, points for language proficiency will now only be awarded as a function of the scores confirmed on the attestations of results submitted by the candidates.

Candidates who do not submit any language test results must specify this by marking the appropriate box on their Application for Selection Certificate.

fxtrader777

Apr 15, 2011
Bajan4Quebec said:
@ fxtrader777

If you are applying under the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) stream, you stand a greater chance demonstrating the ability to communicate in both French and the English language. Quebec has its own system unlike the rest of Canada and points are awarded for both languages - as you may have guessed, more points awarded for french. If you have not applied as yet, then you will be affected by the new change, the following is taken from the MICC web site - please be guided accordingly:

Evaluation of French proficiency

Skilled worker candidates (principal claimants and spouses) who wish to obtain points for their French proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their immigration application the results of a French evaluation test issued by one of the two organizations recognized by the Ministère, specifically:

•the Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris (CCIP);

•the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) of the Centre international d'études pédagogiques (CIEP);

•the Test d'évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP;

•the Test de connaissance du français (TCF) of the CIEP;

•the Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;

•the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) of the CIEP.

Candidates who choose to present a TEF or TCF must enclose the results of the oral comprehension test and the oral expression test. Note that written proficiency is not evaluated when applying for a Québec Selection Certificate.

The current list of TEF, TEFAQ, TCF, TCFQ, DELF and DALF accredited centres can be consulted on the respective websites of the Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris and the Centre international d'études pédagogiques.

Evaluation of English proficiency

Skilled worker candidates (principle claimants only) who wish to obtain points for their English proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their application the results of an English evaluation test recognized by the Ministère, namely the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).

The current list of IELTS accredited centres is available on the website of the International English Language Testing System.

Awarding of points

For the purposes of evaluating the immigration application, points for language proficiency will now only be awarded as a function of the scores confirmed on the attestations of results submitted by the candidates.

Candidates who do not submit any language test results must specify this by marking the appropriate box on their Application for Selection Certificate.
OK But it says here that Applicants who wish?

So I am fluent at English and will get good results I am sure. But I know only few words in French (studying) so I am afraid I will not be able to pass french tests. So If I only present English tests Can I still apply? Or you recommend to learn french first and then apply?