vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
thanks Lirjan! :D

Tell me what is the duration of the DELF language classes at Alleiance Francaise?
and will Alliance Francaise award diploma at the end of the classes or do i have to sit for DELF language test some where to get a diploma which i will show to the quebec immigratns at the time of interview?

Lirjan as you know i dont have any french expertise i hope you can give me some websites where i can start from french alphabets and their pronounciation...

Comments from you guys Shahi,angeleye,iceberg7 are also welcome...

Shahi,angeleye,iceberg7 guys im still having problem with my degree equivalence i.e MBA(16 years of education in Pakistan) with Quebec... need ur help!!!

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Vicky..

I am sorry, I can't help with this point...I have no information about it.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hello Vicks

i m an MBA myself..but dont know anything abt equilance

Delf is a step wise certification...divided into levels as A1 A2 B1 B2 ... you can give any level at any time..no restriction.however it is recommended that you give A1 at end of level two of AF and A2 at end of level 4 and so on..

Delf is a certificate you will recieve for A1 A2 and so on.. hope this helps

Shahi

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
vicky

i also dont have any idea about degree equivalency. what i think is that if you qualify with 16 years of education, then u need not to worry about anything. they will check the equivalnecy themsleves :)

meanwhile if you want, you can search through internet regarding this. just an advice.

regards

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
I hope I can help a bit, I submitted my temporary result letter (the diploma arrives from France 4-6 months later) A2 at the alliance française for my application for a CSQ, later I received a call from Quebec officers and had an unexpected interview through the phone in French of course, by then I had a decent level, I am glad it was enought fir the interview, at the end of my interview, the lady just informed me "Monsieur, vous avez soucis l'entrevu, vous êtes accepté". So conclusion, it was enough for me just the temporary letter for them to start and process my application. Later I took the B1, for myself, even though I did not need to send it and did not submit it. As it today, I have with me the two official diplomas, and I did not have to submit them.
Just my opinion, remember Quebec is to live in french, so put all your efforts to learn it, i think it will make our lifes easier once arrived in the land of our life plans. You have plenty of time, the application anyway takes time.
One more think, once I received my CSQ, they also sent a website link, where already with your CSQ number, you can enter and use a free course, imparted by Quebec gouvernement.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
amgra

thanks, very useful info. it means we should also be prepared for telephonic interveiws. can you please share your timelines? and also how long was the interview?

regards

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
thanks guys, and amgra thankyou!

Guys today i called Allaince francaise institute in my country and they said that i have to sit for language class of of 300hrs not less, approximately which is of 6 months class than i would be able to sit for the DELF exam...otherwise it will nto be possible for me to qualify 3 points (beginner level)....

A very bad news which shattered all of my dreams... ???

Need further advice..

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hola Amgra...

Thanx for sharing this inforamtion with us.."Vous êtes accepté" this sounds reaally great.. ;) :)

Hey Vicky..

Go on..apply for admission in the language class..this counts.
Even if it would take so long time..but it will help u to improve ur language & shows how much keen you are to learn french.

My advice..
Go for it

It is not that bad news buddy

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
@vickyRocks: Do not let the time frame push you down, Go for it. In my opinion, it is not necessary to complete the course (300 hrs) to send the papers and expect an interview, I am applying in Mexico, here it takes for Quebec government to start-process-interview about 5 months. Check the website stats about how long it will take to your place of submit, I am pretty sure you have time to learn in the meantime. Go for it. You can push up your learning by listening french songs, translating french lyrics to your language (I did this and it helped me a lot), watch movies in french (as it today I still cannot understand some movies completely but for some reason, I cannot explain why, talking to a real person and watching real people on youtuve in french is very different and clear for me), etc... I forgot to mention, I did not attend to classes "AT" the AF (Alliance Française), I took particular classes (at my home town), two hours a week, and only take the test AT the AF (Alliance Française). chear up, and go for it.

@Iceberg7: thanks, just keep planning (dream if you may say) and it will come very real soon !

@angeleye: I did not know this was possible back then, it took me by surprise, it was one of those days I had pending homework to do (I am freelancing), I had homework pending and it was day for homework delivery (french classes) and I had other stuff to do (personal things). When the call was received. I do not know if this phone-interview-waver happens everywhere but in my case it happened. The interview took about 30 minutes total, 1) confirming your identity, 2) Why you choose Quebec, 3) Practice of a job interview once arrived, 4) What do you know about Quebec, 5) Where you want to settle, 6) If you know if your profession is regulated .... I do not remember the exact order or the rest but this is what I think was the most important. If I remember more I will post it.
Time-line (I am not very sure about the dates but I will give an idea, at least here in Mexico)
Sent first application: June 2009
Received phone interview: November 2009
Received CSQ: 5 January 2010
Sent Federal Application with the CSQ: 7 April 2010
Received confirmation: 22 April 2010
Sent Request for Meds and Police: 28 April 2010
Received letter requesting Med and Police: 5 May 2010
Sending Police Cert: 7 June 2010 (Here in Mexico, you have to wait for them to request you to send this two: Med and Police)

There is some gaps in my time-line because I first received a CSQ but it had wrong date of birth, it took about a month or so to receive the corrected one, and then for police certificate I needed some papers for military service I lost 15 years ago and I did not need it until now, it was a mess (Mexican bureaucracy).

Guys, it is me who I need to thank you for your comments and help.

Alex

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Thanks Amgra,

rea;lly helpful..

Shahi..

mef

Jan 9, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
11-10-2010 (Interview & CSQ Received)
AOR Received.
07-03-2010 AOR (2):16-05-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
20-12-2010 AOR Abu Dhabi 31-01-2011
Med's Request
16-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2011 / additional medical on 22-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
26-08-2012
good luck to all of you Quebecans.................

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Application sent to Montreal office, up till now, no AOR. Applied from within Canada outside Quebec, is this normal?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Yea should be fine...

Shahi

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hello All of you,

Ok..i probably asked this question before as well... but now i have actually reached the time of decision... As you guys can see from my timelines i have recieved AOR..and waiting for further notice....

I have the following Updates:

1. i am a MBA... just completed in may...so my results are coming now...we have a trimester system in my college (6 trimesters in 2 yrs)... so i had sent my engg( ALL Detailed mark sheet and degree) plus 3 trimester DMC to BIQ Hong Kong... i got my fourth DMC today.. Do you think i should wait for remianing 2 DMC's to come (which will take another 3-4 months) and then send..or update Hong Kong Office with the fourth one? ( i have already sent the letter from my Dept which says that i m a full time student and that my degree gets over in May)

2. I have joint a new company, which has around 10 employees (so its a small firm). i am a Business Develpoment Manager in this firm.. Do you think the size of the firm will pose a problem if hong Kong were to verify??... i must mention that the work and duties that are mentioned in the Offer Letter are absolutely true...like its exactly the profile of BDM and thats exactly what i am doing in current projects..

3. i have cleared 5th level of french... and joined 6th...(previously had sent proof of DELF A2 and 5 th level study proof of AF) so i guess that wud make sense to update them with my current competence

Please advise me on these questions ...

Regards,
Shahi

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
3) I got my CSQ with A2, later I kept studying (even today I am still...) and got the B1 (I am taking particular classes and just took the test @Alliance Française), but it was not necessary for me to send it to Quebec office, because they approved and sent me the CSQ already, so you should be fine.

After you get your CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec - a document) you have to send the Federal application (to Canada embassy in charge of your country/region)

je rêve toujours avec le jour je prends ma visa
I dream about gertting my visa everyday.

I will post later some url's very helpful for your studying I have found around