Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
@ mkshah, the writeup actually refers to area of training criteria and not experience criteria. It is important you understand the difference between the two; for you to be able to claim points for area of training, your qualification must be less than five years else you must have practised a profession related to your course of study for at least one year within the five year period prior to filing your application. To be able to claim points for experience criteria, ur area of experience may or may not be related to your area of training. Relating this knowledge to Montreal789's case, you find out no point was awarded for area of training because his biology degree was obtained more than five years ago and he is not practicing a profession that is related to his area of training. The real shocker was the points they failed to award him for experience factor as he said he has been working for over five years. I believe he has a very strong case against them if and only if he prepares a solid cover letter with all necessary documentation. Solokru posted he experience such but was able to get them to review his file again and subsequently invited him for an interview. Angeleye also faced such as well and was able to defend his case too. Lets see how it plays out eventually. It is well my brother.

mkshah said:
@ montreal789, DONSOFT, bluecougar26

while searching on quebec immigration website, I came across this info.

link is
www dot immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/selection-process/index dot html

This may be the reason, they didnt awarded points for work experience.

Other members pls comment.
The Immigration-Québec office serving your country checks that all the required documents are included in your application and if it is eligible for priority processing. Your application is eligible for priority processing if:

•you or your spouse, if applicable, have received a job offer from a Québec employer, and it meets the MICC's validation conditions. Ask your future employer to consult the section Steps taken by the employer for hiring a permanent foreign worker;

or

•your area of training or that of your spouse, if applicable, is indicated on the 2009 List of preferred areas of training. If it is on the list, you must have acquired your diploma within the last five years or have practised an occupation that corresponds to this diploma for at least one year over the course of the last five years.

An acknowledgment of receipt is usually sent to you to confirm your application when the file is complete or, if applicable, to indicate that your application will be prioritized for processing. If your file is incomplete, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt with a list of missing documents as well as the deadlines for submitting them.

Your file will only be assessed once all of the missing documents have been received.

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
montreal789 said:
Hi Solokru. Thank you very much for responding to my case.

Surprisingly enough I only received a rejection letter. I never made it to an interview. I always thought that they would send an "intent to reject or refuse" with 60 days to provide additional documents that may help your case. I guess with mine, they rushed to judgement.

Wow...I can't believe they overlooked your nursing degree especially since it's in the priority list. This is what makes me believe that they only take into account the "higher degree" which is the Bachelor's, because it's greater than a diploma. Even in the Quebec immi procedure guide it states that they have to consider which diploma will give the applicant the most points. Do they not follow this rule?????

I'm glad that you finally got an interview. You are the second person who I've encountered with a similar case as mine.

Did you mail your documents to montreal for admin review? After how long did you hear from them?

Thanks again for your input and encouragement.
Hello Montreal789,

Im am not really an expert here but i would like to share my opinion..

I guess it is im possible to use your Pharm education. since you graduated july 2010 with this date it is expected you cannot have an experience of 1 year above at the time of your application. since we are still Aug. 2011.
even if they will consider your degree in pharmacy you will only get a lower points coz still they will not award any points in AOT
Before given a points in AOT 1 year experience is required (your NGO experience i guess is not related to any of your diplomas)
therefore they used your biology degree since you get a greater score on that diploma compared to pharmacy.

if my opinion is wrong please correct me
God bless

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
DONSOFT said:
Original form should be sent, you only need to keep a copy of all the forms you are sending out.
Thanks DONSOFT :) i'll be sending my files tom. I need your prayers guys :)

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
Denied August, 1, 2011 - Filed for admin review.
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2011 (New AOR on May 6)
applicante.ph said:
Hello Montreal789,

Im am not really an expert here but i would like to share my opinion..

I guess it is im possible to use your Pharm education. since you graduated july 2010 with this date it is expected you cannot have an experience of 1 year above at the time of your application. since we are still Aug. 2011.
even if they will consider your degree in pharmacy you will only get a lower points coz still they will not award any points in AOT
Before given a points in AOT 1 year experience is required (your NGO experience i guess is not related to any of your diplomas)
therefore they used your biology degree since you get a greater score on that diploma compared to pharmacy.

if my opinion is wrong please correct me
God bless
Hi appliante.ph!

There is a BIG difference between education, area of training and work experience. Work experience does not need to be related to your diploma, unless your diploma is in the preferred list of training and is more than 5 years old.

Since my Pharm Tech diploma/training is less than 5 years old, I do not need to have working experience related to this diploma.

Anyway, the outcome of my administrative review will clear any doubts.

Thanks you very much for your blessings! I NEED THEM!

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...

Thanks everyone for your opinion, suggestions and encouragement; you have been more than helpful. I have filed for admin review and will share the results with everyone. I cannot speculate any further until I get a proper response from my review!!!! From what I have witnessed, believe it or not, an immigration official is bound to make mistakes. We are all human. I would advise everyone to carefully read the Quebec Procedure of Immigration Guide. A lot of people seem to be confused when it comes to education, area of training and work experience. Let's not cause any anxiety for those who are waiting for their CSQ. I have provided the link to the immigration guide below. Wishing everyone the best in their journeys.

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

naxar99

Aug 7, 2011
hi all
this is my 1st post on this forum and i can see many seniors like shahi sharing very good and helpful info on this forum. like lot of members i am confused too how to evaluate my points i have done the assessment online alone or with my dependants and result has been positive both times here is my detail
BBA 3 years (pak)
MBA London
27 years age
2 years experience in marketing
spouse
BBA 3 years (pak)
MBA 1 years (PAk) in 2005 experience nil

French (i have taken admission in beginner course)

i have Son aged 2 and half both of my dependent's are living with me here in uk
should i go ahead to apply with my dependent's or apply alone
please help

Thank you

regards

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ Manoylo: what does ur e-cas status reads b4 u got the PPR and what is it reading now?

@ Wings...... what is ur e-cas reading?

@ Mine has always been and it is still just this one sentence: we started processing your file on Nov. 23rd 2011...... :D nothing more.... nothing less ;D

Am going! going!

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 - 07-2011
Doc's Request.
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2012
Interview........
01-06-2012
All the best Mont789, you seem to have a solid case there.... sit still and relax, you will be smiling down the line

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
quebec2011 said:
DD should be made in favor of Ministre des Finances du Québec and must include, on the reverse side, the name of the applicant in block letters.

DD should be in CAD, never pay in Indian rupees because it will get rejected.

395 CAD not 18000 Indian rupees.
Thanks for the reply

Do i hv to get a certificate from my school and colleges that the medium of studies was english.
and in the form, for fench language if i fill intermediate 8, haw many points will i get ?? and what level should i prepare for delf A2 or delf B1 or B2.
How many points are there for intermediate 1,2,3,4, 5,6,7,8. for french language ?

thanks

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Am going! going! said:
All the best Mont789, you seem to have a solid case there.... sit still and relax, you will be smiling down the line
Thank you very much!!!!

babake

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montreal789,
Man my prayers with you as you file for the review, meanwhile am still holding my fingers crossed as I wait for my outcome. My worry is that since I am zero on French I am relying on my AOT (Biochem) & experience to sail me through but it now seem that its just hard to understand the evaluation grid!

agnes_blush27

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 2, 2011
Doc's Request.
financial suff sept. 24
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
sept. 23 dated sept.12
File Transfer...
june 13 sent application to ns: july 19 aor received from ns
Med's Request
In God's time
Med's Done....
In God's time
Interview........
may 31
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
@ donsoft.is it ok it i will be the 1 who will take the delf.and my partner will just study french later on?

agnes_blush27

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 2, 2011
Doc's Request.
financial suff sept. 24
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
sept. 23 dated sept.12
File Transfer...
june 13 sent application to ns: july 19 aor received from ns
Med's Request
In God's time
Med's Done....
In God's time
Interview........
may 31
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
can somebody help calculate my points
a. Education – RN from philippines and finish masters degree - 10 (http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_PHILIPPINES.pdf)

@ donsoft
can i be given 11 points for my education cause i was able to finish my masters degree?it was writen the link above that masters degree 11 points.ty

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
You have not provided enough information for us to be able to advise you better. Do you mean you applied in January 2010 or you meant January 2011?

Use the format below to advise us of your profile;

1. Training
a. Educational Attainment –
b. Area of Training –
2. Experience -
3. Age -
4. Language
a. English -
b. French -
5. Family and Stay in Quebec -
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment -
b. Area of Training -
c. Age -
d. French -
7. Validated Job Offer -
8. Children –
9. Financial Self Sufficiency –

mazharhussaen said:
Dear DONSOFT/QUEBEC2011/ANGELEYE
I would really appreciate if any one can advise me what are my chances.
Education Master of Computer Science 16 years education
Experience More than 5 years as CRC(Centeral Reservation Center) Analyst in Airline
French Basic-Level-1

will the interviewer eveluate my degree and expereince in the field of my education? I am working in an airline but not purely as software engineer.
More i got my degree in 2002 and i applied for CSQ in 2010. I am working as CRC Analyst since 2004, this is what i mentioned in my case.

do i need to know any thing prior to my interview as i saw one friend in this forum who's CSQ was denied due to expereince and diploma issues.
i am worried about mine now.

regards

mazhar

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ Babake, if ur AOT is biochemistry then u sure ll av ur 12points but since ur french is zero u ll av to face d interview and since ur case ll b priotised u might not av much time to learn french hence its needful u already av begun putting in much effort to learn french. The point system is quite straightforwad. But at times there usually are exceptn(s) either due to error on d part of BIQ or as a rsult of applicants complicated profile ( i.e lack of chronological order) . How old is ur applicatn now?