+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Lenny230

Jul 20, 2011
Kaps1706,

I am not from India. I do not know which language institutes take the TEFaQ in your country.

If you are determined to go to Québec, Canada, then it is worth investing in learning French and making the trip abroad to take it.

Best,
Lenny

mahsae

Jul 27, 2011
Hi Every body
I live in UK and I applied for Quebec immigration under permanent skilled worker at Dec 2010 and My selection interview is in 9 September 2011 in France, unfortunately I've been rejected for the Schengen entry visa to France, I already informed to the relevant email address in Canada embassy in France, but still haven't receive any reply, I am planning to submit an appeal on my visa rejection, but I don't have any Idea about what will happen now? are they going to interview me in London? or any other places or they cancel it? I would really appreciate if any one can help me on this issue.
Thanks
Mah

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Hello may,

Could u tell me why they rejected, because I m going tommarow to apply schenegen visa and my interview is mid august.

Thanks.
Stillhope

mahsae said:
Hi Every body
I live in UK and I applied for Quebec immigration under permanent skilled worker at Dec 2010 and My selection interview is in 9 September 2011 in France, unfortunately I've been rejected for the Schengen entry visa to France, I already informed to the relevant email address in Canada embassy in France, but still haven't receive any reply, I am planning to submit an appeal on my visa rejection, but I don't have any Idea about what will happen now? are they going to interview me in London? or any other places or they cancel it? I would really appreciate if any one can help me on this issue.
Thanks
Mah

sibakoti

Jul 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been thinking of applying for CSQ and did a self assessment from the Quebec site which said I was eligible. I also went ahead and calculated my points to see where I stand. I have 51 points without the adaptibility factor being considered ( which ofcourse will be considered at the time of interview only). I have an undergraduate degree in Aerospace Engineering from USA and have 6 months of professional experience ( Not in Aerospace field). Knowledge of French is basic. Can some of you experts advise me if it is a good idea to apply for CSQ? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Points breakdown :
10+12=22 ( Aerospace engineering gets 12 points???)
16 (Age)
8 (2+6 for French and English)
4( 6 months experience)
1(Financial sufficiency)

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
I received communication today that I have been selected to attend CSQ interview in New York :) :) :)

They will tell me the date in future. I am so happy.

Any special tips for the interview?

manoylo_bg

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Belgrade
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2010(QSW) - 05-05-2010(Federal)
Nomination.....
31-03-2011 CSQ received
AOR Received.
28-07-2010 (QSW)
Med's Request
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
31-03-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maybe September :)
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
Manoylo did you get to take a look into some places to live once we land there? Im actually searching right now...
Yes, I'm searching and I would love to share my search results with you :)
check PM inbox

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi Lenny230,
It is really good to see you scored B2 level in both the tests.
I have couple of questions for you if you can help me with them.
1. So how many months it took for you to reach B2 level?
2. Have you joined Alliance Francoise or some other institute?
3. If you were referrring to some other self-study book or online source, pls help me here, because I am intending to sit in Nov 2011 exam.

4. Also, when did you received your results for both of of the test you sit in?
5. and which test is more easier or will fetch higher level with a moderate study?

Thanks in advance.

Lenny230 said:
Hi Kaps1706,

I submitted my application enclosing the results of 2 tests:

- TEFaQ
- DELF B2

In both tests I scored fairly high, especially in the TEFaQ.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manoylo_bg said:
Yes, I'm searching and I would love to share my search results with you :)
check PM inbox
What does the mean PM inbox and how to check that?

Thanks

raph_04

Jul 13, 2011
This forum is very help for new applicant, sharing their views,suggestions and opinions from seniors. I am very thankful for quick reply.

Thanks for ur reply yogie,

I will kept in mind, I did not start my application waiting for my sons passport, I need authorization on my graduates certificates from university in hyderabad,India. But the prob is for masters certificate which i was done from UK. Is it fine just to keep my Bachelor degree(Civil Engineer) certificates with marks sheet for each semester, Consolidation marks,Provisional and Convocation certificate, Diploma in Civil Engineer, S.S.C -10th standard certificate. Is It each need transcripts or just signature from attestion from uni or govt employees. Can I skip my Master degree certificate instead of this can I provide a letter from university that all my studies from primary school to Bachelor degree is in English.

Please help me out.

Regards
raph

sara_m

Jul 28, 2011
hi everyone
me and my husband have applied for immigration to Quebec and got our CSQs and visas and will be landing shortly. i am pregnant and want to give birth there but i knew that health insurance has a waiting period of 3 months and by then i will have delivered already so does anyone know if pregnancy and child birth are exceptions and if not does anyone know the costs of giving birth in montreal OR toronto?? if anyone knows please provide me with a reliable reference because if costs are too expensive i will consider delaying our landing till i give birth here in my country of residence (kuwait).

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

fiirm said:
Thanks egrace62,
I tick beginner on the form. I hope is not an issue
yeah it is ok. there will b no issues with that.bcos ur score is already above the rejection zone, ur assigned R.O will not likely send u PERM 115( missing doc request) but were it to be that ur score is below the rejection zone, ur R.O will send u PERM 115 corresponding to the french level u av ticked so that u can av the chance to increase ur score. but if ur R.O is lazy and is unable to undergo the rigour of setting up an interview, ur R.O might decide to send u d PERM 115 informing u to submit a french result within 60days.... hence it really might be suicidal no to av pre-empted them by sitting an exam earlier than they demand for it.... cos there may be no exam holding in Nigeria when such might b requested.
i also was unable to attend a formal language sch due to work but through personal study i was able to attempt A2 & B1. i passed A2 with 69% but have no result for B1( u knw the way DELF/DALF does. they only issue result for those with a score of 50% and above. but i truth is i couldn't av score zero :D
bro i believe u can... A1 for u and ur spouse is ok.going the interview way will be more expensive... flight ticket for u and ur spouse,accommodation in Ghana, feeding and what is more than the anxiety and nervousness ???u go 2ru b4 and during the interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u can bro... make up ur mind... the next set of exam holds December... while hoping that u wouldn't av been slated for an interview b4 u get the result across to them

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Re: (No subject)

akramkhan444 said:
hii egrace

wat does b4 mean, is it delf b2 ????
sorry dear.... was lazy with typing i had used b4 to mean before :D

batlimos_85

May 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
sara_m said:
hi everyone
me and my husband have applied for immigration to Quebec and got our CSQs and visas and will be landing shortly. i am pregnant and want to give birth there but i knew that health insurance has a waiting period of 3 months and by then i will have delivered already so does anyone know if pregnancy and child birth are exceptions and if not does anyone know the costs of giving birth in montreal OR toronto?? if anyone knows please provide me with a reliable reference because if costs are too expensive i will consider delaying our landing till i give birth here in my country of residence (kuwait).
Dear Sara,
if i were you i would diffidently give birth in Canada even it will be more expensive because it will be much better for you and your son in the future:
1- your son will be a "Canadian born Canadian" not an "immigrant" and it will be written in his passport all his life.
2- he will get the citizenship once he is born, other wise he will have to wait till he is old enough.
3- since you already have your visas you will need more documents, paper work and formalities for your newborn to be able to take him with you to canada (will also cost money)
4- when your baby is a Canadian citizen. you will be a sponsor of a Canadian citizen which means you might get your citizenship faster and easier.

even it is more expensive it is an investment for a better status of your son and you.

sara_m

Jul 28, 2011
hi batlimos_85
ur right and that's why i want to do it but i need to know the approximate costs and if we can afford it or not. and whether we have the right for health insurance or not.
thanks

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
sara_m said:
hi everyone
congrats on ur PPR... pls can u provide ur applicatn details?

pls just as Baltimos_85 has opined, dont deny ur child the benefits of a citizen....
some medical issues are excempt during the 3months wait period... and i am very SURE PREGNANCY RELATED ISSUES IS one of them... delay no further.. go and land.... check the link for details:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/choose-quebec/daily-life/health/index.html