vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
iceberg7,shahi

I saw some body have posted comment regarding french grammer rules,guys what i think at this level we are beginners so we should not be concern abt grammer...in french there is only one rule i.e "no rule". so dont bother abt ur grammer just concentrate ur speaking skills it will be fine by the time when u have general understanding of explaining things.

merci!

PGDBM

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong - New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

i have been reading out this forum and found a lot of useful information. I have gone through this pdf document for which link was given. Now this document has information about points being given for various degrees for various countries.
I would like to ask is that i am from india and have done MBA from IIM Lucknow ( but actually the degree awarded is that of post graduate diploma in business management). Now my concern is that in the pdf file the list shows that POst Graduate Diploma in..... which is at university level is only 4 points while MBA has 12 points (which somehow they recognize only IGNOU awarded)..... Now can someone from India tell me how will my degree will be counted.
I suppose shahi u being an mba from india might be able to guide me through this. And what have you done in your case because i suppose yours might also not be from IGNOU

Guys sorry for such a long post, but u might understand some dreams shattered over here ( oh and by the way i was going to apply for FSW on 26th June under Finance Managers Categories and the rules changed :) so now this is the only hope which agains seems to be going down :( )

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
hey don't worry. as shahi said in his earlier posts that if you are not in the preferred list, it doesn't mean u r in-eligible. it will only take some more time as compared to the preferred ones. similarly, if you aren't scoring high marks in the training area, u should be gaining them from other areas, like experience. language abilities etc.

as far as ur degree is concerned, shahi can reply u better.

regards.

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
vickyRocks said:
BONJOUR !

Yesterday was my first day at Alliance Francasie....

BRAVO they have a very good Teaching Faculty...Im sure i will learn some french till my interview....

MERCi..
prendre soin
I am taking french class in Alliance Francaise. Are you from the Philippines?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hello PGDBM.

Sir first of all your from IIM ..which i know is an esteemed institute so congrats for that...MBA being a preferred occupation or not for quebec..to be honest nobody knows...!!...so just apply...don't be depressed..i went through the same process for FSW and i know its disappointing...

first of all see your online evaluation on this link

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/informations/evaluate-online.html

put french as beginner(if you dont know it)..but i guess IIM have french in curriculum... try your online evalaution and we will take it up from there..

Good Luck!

Shahi

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
hi zsashimi!

buddy im from Pakistan not from phillipine..sorry

eddie_thomas

Jul 19, 2010
Hello guys. Im from Manila and I also applied for CSQ. Got my file number last february and got a feedback from Quebec processing center to take a french exam last may 10. The letter stated that I need to provide the result within 120 days. Im studying at alliance francaise de manille and already completed 200 hrs of french courses. i took the exam last june 24 but my score was very low and just for the basic. what do you think of my case? I need some advice please.

thank you very much.

PGDBM

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong - New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. But i guess you guys have not got my point. I am not trying to say my occupation is not in the preferred list but i am talking about the 12 points they have for education. In those 12 points Post Graduate Diploma in.... for India has only 4 points so i can never complete 49 points if thats the case. Or then u suggest that i show my Bachelors of Engineering which has 10.
I am still not sure how can they give less marks for something which is a post graduate level thing.

@ shahi: no we dont have any french in IIMs, we just have exchange people from france and the we get to learn a little from them here and there.... And i have been through that online evaluation.... The question is what level should i put for my education.... Because if i put in post graduate 18 years it will give me full 12 points while the table which converts indian degrees to numbers will give me only 4...

And by the way i do get through with intermediate french level.... but with education as post graduate 18 years option.....

I hope you all guys understand the pdf file which i am referring to....( someone gave the link to that file in this thread only.... it has all info about quebec program).....

sorry once again for such a long post .... i somehow tend to get into details..... even the IELTS examiner was saying this.....

PGDBM

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong - New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Shahi: IIMs are famous for MBA but actually the degree they offer is "Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management" ..... just to make things little more clear

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
@PGDM... bro but it is Post graduate..although it is Diploma (i know its a diploma ;D)...i dont think they will not know abt IIM...put french as begonner and attach your slips of AF enrollment..you will get 12 points for PG...Just give it a shot..since its a shot i guess Rs 17000 would not be a problem for you to afford. Good luck

@eddie thomas ..send your AF admission receipts and result(even if results are not upto your expectations)..the idea is to show your intent that you want to learn french..

regards,
Shahi

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
ravi11 said:
...which level of examination have you appeared for DELF. Like DELF A1, B1 etc
Sorry for my tardiness, i took a2,b1,b2. But when i got my phone interview and sent the initial application, i only had the a2 diploma.
Hope this answers your doubt.

PGDBM

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong - New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But in the online evaluation i do not clear with basic french.... i Do with the internediate french though..... Which area of training did you put in.... I put in Business Management and Administration ( Bac. 3 yrs)... that is the closest i guess.....

And by the way what is the 17000 you are talking about? is that AF fee? and also can u tell about some details about AFf.. What do i have to do.. tefaq or def etc?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Well i suggest then you wait start with french ..as soon as you finish 2 level then apply...then you can put your french level as intermediate...

Rs 17000 is the application fees for Quebec application(CAD $ 390).

Yes i had put Business Management also..

Shahi

PGDBM

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong - New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well did u manage to pass it with Beginner level? how is that possible with our almost same qualifications...jst wondering.... by the way did u chose business management (DCS-3yrs) which is in required skills or Business Management And Administration (Bac. 3 yrs)....

By the way i guess to reach interneditate level i have be level 4 or B2 i guess..... how much time will it take you think?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
@PGDM..no mine is intermediate level of french. Yes i put Business Management (DCS 3 years). DELF A2 requires around 1 year...so apply after 2 levels(6months)..and by the time your interview comes you will be intermediate..

Shahi