Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
WizardOfQuébec said:
My visa office is Hong Kong (AOR received June 2011). Can anyone please let me know where I should call if I want to know the status of my application. What is the phone no. with country code?
Hello,
now no more Hongkong office, already moved to Montreal, you can call to + 1 514 864-9191 (8 am to 4.30pm montreal time)

sara_khan

Jun 13, 2013
Anyone please?

Should AOT be U062 or U115?

Thank you

sara_khan said:
Hi,
Can you please help us what NOC code we should write against this question:

Indiquez le titre et le code de votre domaine de formation sanctionnée par un diplôme, tel qu'il apparaît dans la Liste des domaines de formation :

My husband has MSc in Computer Sciences and He works in the area of Computer Support & System Administration.
Your kind help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
mdammalli said:
I asked the same question before in this thread, and I got the same answer from many people that my age is considered as same as what it was while filing my application.

I have one small query.

If your french level is A1 at the time of filing the application and you have claimed 2 points in your application. At the time of your CSQ interview, if you have attained B2 then definitely they will award you 8 points even though you have claimed 2 points in your application.

Same way, if your age is less than 35 while filing an application and if you attain 36 at the time of interview then what stops them to consider 2 points less for age criteria?
They shouldn't take points off because it doesn't depend on your own how long will it take to process your file. The right to update an application with language points is very reasonable because in some countries only certain tests are offered or none at all. For example I heard that it takes about 4 months to wait for DELF results in some test centers. If there was no such possibility then it would mean a very long time for applicants to collect all the required documents. And for those in particular who are 35 or almost reaching 35 soon it would mean loss of points because of long delays in collection of necessary papers.

D

David83

mdammalli said:

If your french level is A1 at the time of filing the application and you have claimed 2 points in your application. At the time of your CSQ interview, if you have attained B2 then definitely they will award you 8 points even though you have claimed 2 points in your application.

Is this true? In my case I submitted my application with A2/B1 in July, which means new rules most likely. If this is true, I won't withdraw my application then, because I think I am in short by 2 points (47/49). Instead I will trying to attain B2 in the meanwhile.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Ievgen said:
They shouldn't take points off because it doesn't depend on your own how long will it take to process your file. The right to update an application with language points is very reasonable because in some countries only certain tests are offered or none at all. For example I heard that it takes about 4 months to wait for DELF results in some test centers. If there was no such possibility then it would mean a very long time for applicants to collect all the required documents. And for those in particular who are 35 or almost reaching 35 soon it would mean loss of points because of long delays in collection of necessary papers.
Yes, its very true I feel, Thanks lot Ievgen for your explanation.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
David83 said:
Is this true? In my case I submitted my application with A2/B1 in July, which means new rules most likely. If this is true, I won't withdraw my application then, because I think I am in short by 2 points (47/49). Instead I will trying to attain B2 in the meanwhile.
If you are planning to withdraw your application only because you have less/no language points then I suggest you to not to withdraw if your total point is more than minimum required to file your application (42 points for single applicant). But, make sure that at the time of interview, you should have B2 certificate to claim full 8 points.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
sara_khan said:
Anyone please?

Should AOT be U062 or U115?

Thank you
MSc computer science in India will fetch 6 points for AOT(since it is not an engineering course). code is U115.

sara_khan

Jun 13, 2013
mdammalli said:
MSc computer science in India will fetch 6 points for AOT(since it is not an engineering course). code is U115.
Are you sure about it madammalli? Computer science has 12 points in AOT according to new rules.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sara_khan said:
Are you sure about it madammalli? Computer science has 12 points in AOT according to new rules.
Yes it is 6 points unless its an engineering degree though for qualification you can claim 12 points, being a Master degree..

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdammalli said:
If you are planning to withdraw your application only because you have less/no language points then I suggest you to not to withdraw if your total point is more than minimum required to file your application (42 points for single applicant). But, make sure that at the time of interview, you should have B2 certificate to claim full 8 points.
Mdammalli, are you sure its 42 or it is 49 ?? because they will anyway give max 6 points for adaptability, hence why will they accept an application with 42 points ?? or will they ?

D

David83

mdammalli said:
OK, thanks for saying that, it is relieving. This is my calculation

1- Education: Bachelor (Computer Engineering 2007=0), Master (Electrical Engineering 2010=12 points), PhD (Electrical Engineering-in progress).
2- French: TEFaQ (Listening/Speaking=A2/B1=0).
3- English: IELTS (Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing=7/7/7.5/5.5=5 points).
4- Age: 31 =16 points.
5- Work Experience: Research Assistant 3 years = 8 points.
6- Living in Quebec =5 points.
7- Financial: 1 point.

Could you please tell me if it is correct?

Thanks

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
@Umer:

I filed my application (all docs including IELTS -> 8.5 overall and TEFaQ -> A1/A2) on july 26th 2013.

Following are my details: (considering only new rules)

AOT => 12 points => (Bachelors in Computer Engineering - graduated 2009)
Education => 10pts =>Bachelors (USA) level (although as of today I am currently in Masters program in Computer Engineering (USA) and expected to graduate May 2014).
Work Experience => 4 pts => Worked as Software Engineer (between October 2010-Dec 2011)
Language => 6pts for English / 0 for FRench (under new rules).
Age => 16pts
Past Stay in Quebec => 5 pts => Fulltime student 4 years in Montreal
Self-Finance SUpport => 1pt

Total: 12+10+4+6+16+5+1= 54pts?

My question is, do i qualify for 4 points for work experience (in addition to AOT + Education) since my job title was Software Engineer?...I am asking because the title "Software Engineer" might be looked upon as different from "Computer Engineering" according to NOC definition even though it was part of my degree as Bachelor of Computer Engineering.

NOTE: To prove work-experience, my employer submitted detailed job duties for my Software Engineering position.

NOTE: I also submitted my official transcripts for Bachelor of COmputer Engineering details all courses i took at took which shows i also took courses in software engineering etc....as part of the computer engineering program!

Thanks for any advice in advance Umer!

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
manibalan said:
Hi,
i think you reversed, 2173 is software engineer, 2174 - programmer/developer. for me also same issue, first company designation is software engineer, then after changed new employer my title was software consultant and now sr.software developer. But Software engineering might be design the system (incl architect, HLD, incl chip level - if i m not wrong). but in real case S/w engg, S/W dev, S/W consultant are doing same role (coding/programming). But i dont know how they treat us. sorry
@Manibalan:

THanks mate..for your advice...yea..i am checking with other sources to see what they think...i am really confused by the impact of NOC numbers on qualification of points if job title differs from AOT....lets hope and pray that there is not too much of a negative impact !