+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
lemans207 said:
West Montreal is English speaking place ;) only but for how long ::)
:) I think we should be prepared to speak/understand french to make life easy for ourselves when we get there. A language learned is a language gained. The immigrant's ability to speak/understand french directly impacts on him/her more than it affects the government. So when u are open to learning/understanding, the benefit is for u more than it is for the govt. And it is not like English will be wiped off our brains anyway.

If the English environment had been perceived to be sooooo beneficial to us, we shouldnt all be scurrying off to Quebec. ;D. Meanwhile many of us are not even English o, it just happened that English was the first language that was introduced to us and we are now hugging it closely as if it is our mother tongue or indigenous language.

If English isnt your indigenous language then u can as well embrace French without making a fuss about it. And if you are originally English and you applied for QSW then be open to learning.

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
I am MSC chemistry and as per new rules chemistry gives 6 points..As per new rules also I am scoring 57 but "Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration" given on the website says i m not eligible. why its so? My points calculations is below.
Education: 12 (Masters)
Training : 6 (Chemistry)
Work Experience 6 (3 Years)
Child: 8 (2 kids)
Finance 1
Spouse Age: 3
Education: 3 (Master)
Traning: 2 (MBA)
Total 57
So why online it says I am not eligible?

lemans207 said:

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
rao1122 said:
Hello Everyone,

I called up Montreal Yesterday.

The Call centre exec asked did some verification by asking date of birth and my last name.

On asking about the status of my application she said, your application is in process you will be intimated about the interview by email.

Then i asked her if she would know on what stage of processing my file is, she didnt know.

She said my file was opened in nov 12.

I didnt ask her about if the new rules will apply or not.

I guess if your file is in process ,you are under old rule.
it is strange that when u said what stage is it, she answered dont know, becasue she already replied you ( in process ) !

Jun 23, 2012
manibalan said:
Hi,
What is ur AOT?
Hi there,

My AOT is Accounts (6 points). B.Com + ICWA. 1.5 yrs exp. when applied. I am not eligible for priority processing for sure. I am unable to understand what set of rules my application would be processed under. Old or new. Any thoughts?

Thanks

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
AMR2011 said:
Hi,

We called the Montreal office yesterday and the person said, for people for whom the file was opened in 2012 will also fall under new rule. My thought is, if it is BIQ HK, they would have stopped processing the files sometime back due to the transfer, and i hope for all those who applied in 2011 the new rules will be applicable, since none of the file has been opened. So for 2011 indian applicants, probably the file is getting opened, and the new rules might apply. Hope it is logical.

AMR2011
how come he / she replied 2012 will be applicable, if all lawyers and specially David Cohen says no one knows yet, and all call center agents say no one knows, how come she/he says 2012 will be applicable ..

I guess they are becoming so worried to give information on the phone, as thousands are calling to ask, and as there is nothing solid to rely on .. then they give the negative worst case scenario answer, and if this didnt apply then they would already have protected themselves ...

good luck to all

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
Isn't it strange that the best canadian university McGill is in engish :) I'm sure that new rules are made because Quebec government is afraid that french will disappear. The friends of mine from francophone countries who have relatives in Quebec tell that many immigrants don't know any french upon arrival. I have no idea how they made it through, probably with old rules they had enough points without language. That's why harsh laws are about to settle this and make people learn just to get a CSQ.

rao1122

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged:23-09-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 02-10-2014
IELTS Request
7.5 band
File Transfer...
Second line: We started processing your application on 14th Nov
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
Done:22-11-2014; Hospital Uploaded:01-12-14;Medical Received:04-12-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-02-2015 1:47 PM IST ; DM: Not Yet, Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
PP Submitted:02-03-2015 PP Received Back:12-03-2015
LANDED..........
soon....
signalmaker said:
it is strange that when u said what stage is it, she answered dont know, becasue she already replied you ( in process ) !
Yes But she said that the processing has many stages too, and she dsnt have any information on the system regarding that.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
@ swamik as Ievgen mentioned applicants needs 2 years masters in order to have chance for 12 points.
AOT 12 is risky, because 41 points + AOT 12 = 53 points officer can refuse by adaptability points.

you need AOT 12 + Masters 12

last year they were taking AOT 12 and AOT 16 with zero level of French.

not mentioned must be B2 to apply
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html

That's good
To sail without french and with excellent english with primary applicant less than 35 years

single applicant
AOT 12 with Master Degree, but preferably AOT 16 degree

Married without Kids

one of them must have AOT 16 qualification and the other in AOT 6 or above

Married with single Kid

one among the couple must be in AOT 12 and the other should be in AOT 6 or above

Married and have 2 or more kids

Both can be AOT 6 list but not less than that and primary applicant should have Masters or PHD

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Preferred said:
:) I think we should be prepared to speak/understand french to make life easy for ourselves when we get there. A language learned is a language gained. The immigrant's ability to speak/understand french directly impacts on him/her more than it affects the government. So when u are open to learning/understanding, the benefit is for u more than it is for the govt. And it is not like English will be wiped off our brains anyway.
learning a language is learning new culture and traditions.
knowing english will work/communicate with english speaking ppl, coz quebecois(e) french speaking doesnt know english even if they speak english youll think its french ;D

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
will 16 points be awarded for completed age or for the running age ?? assume I completed 35 years of age, then will I get 16 or 14

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
swamik said:
will 16 points be awarded for completed age or for the running age ?? assume I completed 35 years of age, then will I get 16 or 14
If you didn't reach 35 a the time your application was received then you have 16 points. Otherwise, it's 14

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
rao1122 said:
Yes But she said that the processing has many stages too, and she dsnt have any information on the system regarding that.
ye sure thats right, processing is too long ans they dont have any ability to know the details, but the most important thing it has started processing

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Ievgen said:
If you didn't reach 35 a the time your application was received then you have 16 points. Otherwise, it's 14
I asked the same question before in this thread, and I got the same answer from many people that my age is considered as same as what it was while filing my application.

I have one small query.

If your french level is A1 at the time of filing the application and you have claimed 2 points in your application. At the time of your CSQ interview, if you have attained B2 then definitely they will award you 8 points even though you have claimed 2 points in your application.

Same way, if your age is less than 35 while filing an application and if you attain 36 at the time of interview then what stops them to consider 2 points less for age criteria?

Jun 23, 2012
My visa office is Hong Kong (AOR received June 2011). Can anyone please let me know where I should call if I want to know the status of my application. What is the phone no. with country code?