QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
Hi friends

I was going through the new guide on quebec immigration released in April 2013.

I was confused and not able to judge the points that I can get for my education. (I have done my B.com 12+3 from Mumbai University, full time). So now as per new amendment Can I get 10 pts for education.

"Diplôme d'études universitaires de 1er cycle sanctionnant 3 ans ou plus d'études à temps plein - 10"

Pg 21 of (http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf)

Can someone please help me with this.
If your B.Com was general, it doesn't have any major like accounting, management science, business economics etc. then you get 0 point in AOT and you are not eligible to apply till july,2013.

Moreover, Indian B.com gets 6 points in education not 10.

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
Hello everyone. Can somebody please tell me what is the code for area of training Health, Assistance, and Nursing (DVS-1,800 hours/2 years)?

I would appreciate if you post the link here so I can see it myself. Also, don't confuse it with Nursing. I have the code for nursing already which is U118 but i need the code for the Health Assistance which gives 6 points for AOT. Thank you.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grande_folie said:
If your B.Com was general, it doesn't have any major like accounting, management science, business economics etc. then you get 0 point in AOT and you are not eligible to apply till july,2013.

Moreover, Indian B.com gets 6 points in education not 10.
Thnx grand folie

My specialization in B.com was accounting and auditing.

If I dont qualify for 10 points then what does this line means Diplôme d'études universitaires de 1er cycle sanctionnant 3 ans ou plus d'études à temps plein - 10"

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
I have another important question pls. If I cannot obtain a certified true copy of my document, can i submit the original copy instead? The scenario is , I obtain my certificate in UK but I am now in Philippines. And i think it would take so much time to request for a certified true copy. Do you think they will accept my original copy or they will return my file? Thanks.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
alq814 said:
I have another important question pls. If I cannot obtain a certified true copy of my document, can i submit the original copy instead? The scenario is , I obtain my certificate in UK but I am now in Philippines. And i think it would take so much time to request for a certified true copy. Do you think they will accept my original copy or they will return my file? Thanks.
You should be able to get certified true copies of your certs from the UK. If not, i'm sure they won't reject your originals. I submitted some originals myself.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
kawakaze said:
Hi guys,

I'm QSW Applicant (BIQ HK). Last week I got email from Montreal saying that my Bank Draft already expired. my question is: can I cash the expired bank draft? if yes, how much is the penalty? I plan to use credit card instead of draft, thinking that it takes long time to receive my expired draft from montreal. thanks
Hey, which month did u send in your application? You can get back your money from your bank with the expired draft. The penalty depends on your bank, if there will be any. Usually the draft arrives a couple of weeks after you get an expiry notice from them.

What i advice you to do now is to go ahead and send in your payment, using CC. Don't wait for the expired bank draft to arrive because it is sent through regular mail and might even take up to a month to arrive you.

Hope it helps!!!!!!

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
alq814 said:
What I think is: 1) Every original submitted, and accepted, will never be gotten again by you, in your entire Life.
2) The only situation where an original doc can reach them and come back to your hands is when a file is rejected

Point: You have to try and look for possibilities to get a certified true copy from your institution in the UK, through friends/family first. If failed, then you can take the risk to use the original, and miss it forever.

Hope you make a good choice and good luck!!!

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
Thank you rifiel and stylove for your replies. I just found out I can actually find a lawyer here in Philippines and bring my UK diploma to make a certified true copy. As I read on the application guide, I just need to bring my document to a legal authority and they can certify it for me. Thanks.

amisimer

Jun 1, 2012
mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Biq-hkng
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted wid application
Stylove said:
Hey this is bad news......what did they say was the reason for refusal? Can we share your complete profile to explore the reasons for refusal? Did they suggest to u any way forward?
Actually..they didn't refused it..according to them..my diploma isn't according to Quebec credentials..so I believe they r denying giving AOT points...they have send back my DD too...I will re apply again with a explanation letter...that's what my consultant says..that.v must appeal them..that according to their website..I get 16 points...now let's see wat happens...but m happy on one point atleast..that reply was fast..bcoz they received my docs on 05thmarch,2013...and the letter is dated 22april... :-[

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
Thnx grand folie

My specialization in B.com was accounting and auditing.

If I dont qualify for 10 points then what does this line means Diplôme d'études universitaires de 1er cycle sanctionnant 3 ans ou plus d'études à temps plein - 10"
This is the general points they have specified. But different education of every country gets different education points. If you carefully read the immigration guide then you will come to know that Indian b.com gets 6 points in education. There are lot of rules which are hidden in the immigration guide.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
alq814 said:
Thank you rifiel and stylove for your replies. I just found out I can actually find a lawyer here in Philippines and bring my UK diploma to make a certified true copy. As I read on the application guide, I just need to bring my document to a legal authority and they can certify it for me. Thanks.

Also check at the UK embassy or High Commission in your country.....I think others have gotten theirs evaluated through them

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grande_folie said:
This is the general points they have specified. But different education of every country gets different education points. If you carefully read the immigration guide then you will come to know that Indian b.com gets 6 points in education. There are lot of rules which are hidden in the immigration guide.
Dear Nirav

As per the rule u will get 6 points for B.com as it was changed from Dec-2011 and those who have applied before dec-2011 will get 10
points for indian B.Com.

so dont worry

eayati

Apr 22, 2013
mmquebec said:
THERE IS AN UPDATE ON PROCESSING TIME

Asia – BIQ in Hong Kong

Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Bhutan, Bora Bora, Brunei, Cambodia, Caroline Islands, Christmas Island, Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Johnston Atoll, Kiribati, Kosrae, Laos, Macao, Maldives, Mariana (Islands), Marshall islands, Micronesia, Midway Island, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Pacific Islands, Pakistan, Palau (Belau), Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Ponape, Sabah, Sarawak, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tahiti, Taïwan, Thailand, Tonga, Truk Island, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wake Island, Wallis, Western Samoa, Yap Island
No selection interview for these countries currently1 and 2

Bangladesh, Japan
November 2010 3

Malaisia, People's Republic of China
December 2010 3

1 If you have submitted an application for immigration, consult the next update for more information.
2 Please note that, for some of these countries, we have not received any applications for immigration.
3 If you have submitted an application for immigration before this date and your file is complete, you should have been called for a selection interview.
4 These are foreign students, temporary workers and live-in caregivers present in Québec.
It is very wierd the application processing time has changed from April 2012 to December 2011 in new update!!!! I think they are moving backward! they are really funny

Inci Vinci

Jan 28, 2013
Hi there , please help me out , my brother have applied for QSW through a consultant, now as per consultant he have sent my brother"s file to hongkong in October 2012, since then we have not heard any thing , no AOR no nothing,
Is that a normal thing, do they usually take this much time to send us AOR?, or my consultant is being fishy?.
Please let me know if you guys have any clue.
Thanks.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darshmodi said:
Dear Nirav

As per the rule u will get 6 points for B.com as it was changed from Dec-2011 and those who have applied before dec-2011 will get 10
points for indian B.Com.

so dont worry
NO, it's not true. Indian B.com was getting 6 points before dec-2011 also.