+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I’ve been waiting since mid-July 2020, tbh I don’t know what to think anymore.
Same here. I have no significant update for almost 8 months.

And I just found out my MP is not particularly helpful based on reviews on Google Maps. I don't know what to do but wait.

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
I Someone posted on a another group that IRCC is responsible to send out the medical request not the Visa Offices. Whether your VO is closed or not it’s not their fault if none of us ain’t getting the MR yet.

Reactions: mlei9569

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hey guys wanted to update you on my file. CSQ request received by MIFI March 04 2020. AOR July 30 2020. Called today CSQ approve September 14 2020 and printed on September 15 2020. They told me will receive it in 2-3 weeks in the mail.
Hopefully everyone will get good news soon!!

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi all,

Update on my file (still on first stages).
Application received - FEB 27
AOR 1 - SEP 04
Decision Made - SEP 23.

I was wondering about the next steps:

Once I get Sponsorship approval, what happens next?
Do they e-mail me the Sonsorship Approval (which I have to add to my Quebec application) and then I mail it to MICC?
At this stage, is the PR application (which in now in Nova Scotia) send to the VISA OFFICE where the Principal Applicant lives?

Cheers,
Marcos Bastos

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all,

Update on my file (still on first stages).
Application received - FEB 27
AOR 1 - SEP 04
Decision Made - SEP 23.

I was wondering about the next steps:

Once I get Sponsorship approval, what happens next?
Do they e-mail me the Sonsorship Approval (which I have to add to my Quebec application) and then I mail it to MICC?
At this stage, is the PR application (which in now in Nova Scotia) send to the VISA OFFICE where the Principal Applicant lives?

Cheers,
Marcos Bastos

Hey Marcos

Based on my experience
Yes they email the sponsor they Sonsorship Approval and also they email you that you file has been moved to the VO that is going to handle your case(most of the times is the VO where the PA lives) .
You need to submit this to MIFI with the rest of your Quebec application.

Reactions: Marcos_Bastos

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey Marcos

Based on my experience
Yes they email the sponsor they Sonsorship Approval and also they email you that you file has been moved to the VO that is going to handle your case(most of the times is the VO where the PA lives) .
You need to submit this to MIFI with the rest of your Quebec application.
Thanks, Jamal.
Finally things are slowly moving.

Cheers,
Marcos

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi @Jamal A.

If you don't mind, let me ask you something.
Do you remember, if in your case, it took long for the status to change from Decision Made to Sponsorship Approved?

My status for Sponsorship is Decision Made since September 22nd and I got no e-mail after that.

Regards,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hey guys,

I am a little confused as to how midi is processing things. I saw everyone has had a big delay between when they sent theapplication in and when their card was charged and they got an AOR. I got the request from IRCC to submit my CSQ application oct 14th and I sent it in the 19th expecting my card to be charged sometime in the late winter/early spring as they are months behind. My credit card was charged today. less than a week after the application arrived at their office.

Does anyone know if they started charging us as soon as they get it so the cards dont expire, or if they actually magically caught up on 6 months or work.

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey guys,

I am a little confused as to how midi is processing things. I saw everyone has had a big delay between when they sent theapplication in and when their card was charged and they got an AOR. I got the request from IRCC to submit my CSQ application oct 14th and I sent it in the 19th expecting my card to be charged sometime in the late winter/early spring as they are months behind. My credit card was charged today. less than a week after the application arrived at their office.

Does anyone know if they started charging us as soon as they get it so the cards dont expire, or if they actually magically caught up on 6 months or work.
Hi CCarter.

In a similar situation. Card was charged 3 days after application was received in MICC.

SA: Canadian Citizen Quebec Resident
PA Country: Brazil
App Arrived in Sydney: Feb 27th 2020
AOR1: September 4th 2020
Biometrics Request: Sept 22nd 2020
Biometrics Submitted:
Medical Request:
Medical Exam:
Medical Passed:
VA transferred: Oct 14th to Mexico City
AOR2:
SA Approval: Oct 14th 2020
CSQ Request letter: Oct 14th 2020
CSQ Application Sent: Oct 16th 2020
CSQ CC charged : Oct 22nd
CSQ AOR:
CSQ Approval:
DM:
PPR:

Regards,
Marcos

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi my friends,

I was thinking about something and decided to share with all of you so that you could give me your thoughts.
If we go to https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html, it says:

At present, the Ministère is issuing a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) for the applications received on:
  • In March 2020, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
My thought are:
Due to COVID-19 IRCC stopped acknowledging the receipt of new files on March 16th. Because of that, IRCC did not give any sponsorship approval before the end of August. (I am saying this based on the excel spreadsheet for outland applicants 2020)
On the other hand, MICC slowly resumed processing things sometime in July (or june, I am not sure), which, as per my understanding, might have reduced their backlog.
Because IRCC started processing things again (we can see lots of Sponsorship Approvals on the Excel spreadsheet) and assuming that no new CSQ applications have been sent between March and late August (time that things were frozen in IRCC), don't you have a feeling that the MICC part will be faster now, because of reduced backlog?

I don't know... Been thinking about it a lot recently.

Cheers,
Marcos

Dec 12, 2019
Hi my friends,

I was thinking about something and decided to share with all of you so that you could give me your thoughts.
If we go to https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html, it says:

At present, the Ministère is issuing a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) for the applications received on:
  • In March 2020, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
My thought are:
Due to COVID-19 IRCC stopped acknowledging the receipt of new files on March 16th. Because of that, IRCC did not give any sponsorship approval before the end of August. (I am saying this based on the excel spreadsheet for outland applicants 2020)
On the other hand, MICC slowly resumed processing things sometime in July (or june, I am not sure), which, as per my understanding, might have reduced their backlog.
Because IRCC started processing things again (we can see lots of Sponsorship Approvals on the Excel spreadsheet) and assuming that no new CSQ applications have been sent between March and late August (time that things were frozen in IRCC), don't you have a feeling that the MICC part will be faster now, because of reduced backlog?

I don't know... Been thinking about it a lot recently.

Cheers,
Marcos
When we sent our documents to MIFI (what used to be MIDI), our card was charged a couple weeks before we received the AOR.

In terms of backlogs, I wouldn't count on IRCC's latest announcement as any indication that MIFI will accelerate processing. There were backlogs long before the pandemic and long before MIFI staff started working remotely. We received our AOR in January by mail, and it was clearly written that the standard processing deadline of 25 working days will not be fulfilled. The new average is about 4-5 months. While IRCC announced that they will be increasing human resources to process 6,000 cases monthly and close to 50,000 cases by the end of 2020, there is still no indication that MIFI will pick up the pace.

By the way, things were never really frozen at IRCC. Several visa offices around the world were completly shut during the lockdown, but IRCC continued to process cases as much as it could...so I wouldn't be so sure that no new applications were sent between March and August.

Reactions: Marcos_Bastos