+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

nouillen

Feb 25, 2020
Our package was received sometimes like Feb 22 - before lockdown, definitely, but according to slough they were already taking about 2 months before providing an AOR even then, which definitely takes us to lockdown time.

We are supposed to provide that AOR to the federal government before the end of May (according to the letter inviting us to apply to the CSQ). I'm guessing we're going to have to upload a letter that says that we applied but we have no way to provide that proof of application due to COVID 19.

Anyway, thanks for the perspective. I would just hate to go back to the end of the queue in six months.
Hi mahtax, I'm in the same boat as you. We sent our CSQ application around Feb 21 and still no sign of life. Have to provide the AOR to CIC soon and we're not sure what to do...

Dec 12, 2019
Can anyone tell me where to find this requirement about sending the CSQ AOR to IRCC? I must have gone through the instructions 1 million times and the only thing they write about the CSQ is that the application will not go through further processing until Québec has issued the CSQ and that Québec's decision will be transferred to the visa office processing our case as soon as the decision is made.

I think you might have misinterpreted the guidelines...

nouillen

Feb 25, 2020
Can anyone tell me where to find this requirement about sending the CSQ AOR to IRCC? I must have gone through the instructions 1 million times and the only thing they write about the CSQ is that the application will not go through further processing until Québec has issued the CSQ and that Québec's decision will be transferred to the visa office processing our case as soon as the decision is made.

I think you might have misinterpreted the guidelines...
Hi,

I'd be really grateful if you could give us some insight?

Here's the quote from the document that has been sent to us from IRCC requesting the CSQ:

"You must provide us with proof that you have applied for your CSQ. The above
information/documents must be received in our office within 90 days from the date of this letter.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our
office before the due date and you must provide an explanation and proof as to why you are unable to
submit the documents within the given timeframe.

If we do not receive the requested information within the time allotted to you from the date of this
notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal
of your application."

Since there is no way to give them the CSQ within 90 days, we assumed that we should at least send in the acknowledgement as proof that we've applied. However since we haven't received any word from Quebec, there is no way to prove anything.

What are we supposed to do, then?

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Since there is no way to give them the CSQ within 90 days, we assumed that we should at least send in the acknowledgement as proof that we've applied. However since we haven't received any word from Quebec, there is no way to prove anything.

What are we supposed to do, then?
My plan (and it's not a good one) is to write a letter explaining that we applied, that our documents were received on X, and attach a screenshot of the registered mail showing acceptance by the office, and that due to COVID-19 (we presume) our documents have not been processed. We sign and update that letter to the CRA in lieu of proof of receipt of the CSQ application.

What else can we do?

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
It's been a while - has anyone been updating their spreadsheet entries? Doesn't bode well for our heroes.

kittyhawk

Feb 27, 2020
It's been a while - has anyone been updating their spreadsheet entries? Doesn't bode well for our heroes.
Hi,

update for me;

App Sent: 19 Dec 2019
AOR received: 4 Feb 2020
CSQ approved: 29 June 2020 (got the mail doc 16 July 2020)
Medical Request: waiting....

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
My plan (and it's not a good one) is to write a letter explaining that we applied, that our documents were received on X, and attach a screenshot of the registered mail showing acceptance by the office, and that due to COVID-19 (we presume) our documents have not been processed. We sign and update that letter to the CRA in lieu of proof of receipt of the CSQ application.

What else can we do?
Just going by the text of what they need...

Its not asking for the CSQ. Its also not asking for AOR. Its asking if you have applied for it in which case you can send the courier tracking showing when the package was delivered.

Something to think about.

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone, I just received a copy of the approved CSQ today. Here's my timeline:
CSQ Application sent: January 24 2020
AOR: March 19
CSQ Approved: July 28
CSQ Received in mail: August 3

Laurie450

Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone, I just received a copy of the approved CSQ today. Here's my timeline:
CSQ Application sent: January 24 2020
AOR: March 19
CSQ Approved: July 28
CSQ Received in mail: August 3
My Partner has had a similar timeline and we, too, have received the CSQ in the mail.

What is the next step? Does anyone know the average time frame from this (CSQ approval letter) to being able to go to Canada, and, if there are still some delays of processing due to Covid-19?

Thank you !

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
My Partner has had a similar timeline and we, too, have received the CSQ in the mail.

What is the next step? Does anyone know the average time frame from this (CSQ approval letter) to being able to go to Canada, and, if there are still some delays of processing due to Covid-19?

Thank you !
There's no real way to answer that. I think it depends on the office handling your case and what steps are remaining. For example we are waiting on a medical request from Mississauga. To be honest I had always expected the CSQ requirement to be the cause of delays in our case but from what I'm reading Mississauga is not really doing anything for spousal cases still. Frustrating as always.

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
This is what I just received from the VO office that’s handling my case.

No date has yet been set for the reopening of our offices in Port-au-Prince.

Hello,

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, which is an international public health emergency, the immigration section of the Canadian Embassy works only via telework.

This limits our ability to process paper applications such as applications for permanent residence.

Therefore, we can only respond to emails, not having access to our system (platform) to give you an update of your file.

Any request for documents and/or appointments made beforehand is returned until further notice.

Due to recent events related to COVID-19 we do our best to respond to your request within a reasonable time. We thank you for your understanding.

When the mission is ready to relaunch its activities, correspondence will be sent to you in order to continue the process of your application (interview, visa issuance, reimbursement, appointment, filing of documents, DNA and others).

Regards,

Ukraine/

May 22, 2020
My timeline
CSQ Request Sent: Feb 11
AOR date: Apr 04
CSQ AOR letter Rec'd: Apt 07
CSQ Approved: Aug 17
CSQ Recieved: Aug 27

waiting for medical request