+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Have you guys received any sort of aknowledgement from your CSQ applications? My CSQ package was delivered a month ago, but my credit card has yet to be charged & I've yet to have received an aknowledgement of receipt. How am I supposed to show CIC that I applied to the CSQ without that?

kittyhawk

Feb 27, 2020
Have you guys received any sort of aknowledgement from your CSQ applications? My CSQ package was delivered a month ago, but my credit card has yet to be charged & I've yet to have received an aknowledgement of receipt. How am I supposed to show CIC that I applied to the CSQ without that?
Yes, they sent the acknowledgement receipt thru post mail that they have received the application. Sent the application last Dec 19, 2019. I received the receipt Feb 3 2020. Same day my credit card was charge for processing.

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
6 weeks - alright, I'm not quite that late yet, and then there's been this COVID-19 business which surely has slowed things down. Thanks!

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
I'm aware, but presumably the AOR comes well before the "processing" of the application - it did for you, who sent yours in december while they're barely working on november apps now.

Hakr9596

Dec 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
I sent my CSQ application on feb 6 and my credit card still hasn’t been charged. Anyone else in the same boat??

kittyhawk

Feb 27, 2020
I sent my CSQ application on feb 6 and my credit card still hasn’t been charged. Anyone else in the same boat??
you will receive a postal mail that when they opened/received your application, after that your credit card will be charged. Anyhow, expect delay on this because of the covid situation. To date the department is presently processing still Nov 20, 2019 applications.

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hey, did anyone get charged on his credit card or received the AOR for the csq after march?
My application was delivered on the 4th of march.. Its been more than 6 weeks

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hey, did anyone get charged on his credit card or received the AOR for the csq after march?
My application was delivered on the 4th of march.. Its been more than 6 weeks
Sorry to say but you'll probably be waiting a while. My app was delivered at the end of January and I didn't get charged until March 19. This was even before everything slowed down even more due to the coronavirus situation.

Dec 12, 2019
More information regarding the CSQ processing time:

"The Department is currently receiving an exceptional volume of family sponsorship cases. As a result, it has become impossible to meet the 25-day deadline set out in the Customer Service Statement.

However, be assured that these delays will not affect the timelines for issuing permanent resident visas to sponsored persons. MIFI and IRCC work together to ensure that your file is processed and visas are issued in a timely manner. Arrangements have also been made so that you do not have to worry about the date of issuance of the Québec Selection Certificate. The MIFI is in charge of making the link with the IRCC.

The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- November 20, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- November 14, 2019 for other family members.

Wait time information is updated regularly."

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Right Tristan - people are not really asking when the applications will be processed, but rather when they will be acknowledged. It used to be that acknowledgement (& charging of the credit card) came within a couple weeks, but now some of us have been waiting two months+. My application made it to MIFI on February 22 or thereabouts, and still no sign of life. We soon have to provide CIC with a (non-existing) receipt that our CSQ application was received. What do we do then?

At some point we have to wonder if the application has been lost. Do we start another (& lose 3-4 months of processing time?)? Do we call?

Dec 12, 2019
Hey Mahtax, I'm not sure how the situation is at the MIFI office in Montreal - they haven't been very communicative about changes in their work schedule during the pandemic. I would assume that if your CSQ application was sent after employees were sent home, then it is most likely sitting there in the MIFI mailroom. I'm just speculating, though.

We were lucky enough to send everything before all of this happened and got acknowledgment roughly 2 months after sending our application with express DHL (I can't remember exactly when they officially received it). You can see my timeline in the Google Sheets document...we still don't have our CSQ.

I don't think calling will do any good right now. If I were you, as difficult as this may sound, I would wait until this is all over and I'm sure it will come through eventually. The federal government shouldn't expect you to provide anything urgently at the moment, so just be patient.

I've seen a lot of people writing about providing a receipt that their CSQ application was received. Where is everyone reading about this? As far as I know, we simply need to wait for the CSQ to be granted before the rest of the application on the federal side can be processed. Québec will directly inform your visa office about their decision (which is almost inevitably yes, unless your documents aren't in order). Where is everyone getting this information?

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Our package was received sometimes like Feb 22 - before lockdown, definitely, but according to slough they were already taking about 2 months before providing an AOR even then, which definitely takes us to lockdown time.

We are supposed to provide that AOR to the federal government before the end of May (according to the letter inviting us to apply to the CSQ). I'm guessing we're going to have to upload a letter that says that we applied but we have no way to provide that proof of application due to COVID 19.

Anyway, thanks for the perspective. I would just hate to go back to the end of the queue in six months.