Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hey this is sadly normal. By normal, I mean the norm these days, and I definitely not agree with rudeness. (check further in my post) I've had the same response when I called. I have complained to the MIFI numerous times telling them about the service, the divergent response from the staff. Even if you don't know who the agent is, you can file a complaint either online or by phone. I did and got a response saying that the agent was not trained to respond as she did. Give as much information, time of call, what was said, file info. Look, I called the complaint line and even the guy answering me was rude. Idk but I've been living out of Quebec for a while and I notice when I spent more time in Quebec last year and had to deal with various departments that people are rude, at least more than where I live around the world.

Now for the processing times just want to explain this. First the processing start, I was told as well they are not supposed to tell us. But one day someone told me and I got to know when it started. I called back and mentioned the processing start date and the lady was annoyed saying that I shouldn't know. She was even more annoyed to see my CSQ was approved saying I don<t understand how because we are processing up to November 18. Anyway, personally I didn't care, I would call every other week, just when I would see someone with the same timeline as me as an update.

About the date on the website, it has confused so many so I'll just clarify. Before June, the date on the website was for the processing start date of the file. On average, the date was changing ever 10 days with a 10-12 days jump. This just meant all applications with that received date have started processing. Maybe it was the date when the file had been verified by other departments and the lead agent at MIFI was working on it. But we didn't know how long it would take to process. After March 17, they stop updating the website. Applications were being processed but none were finalized until agents went back to the office which was in May I think. Now when they changed the update format on the website, they would update every Monday and indicate the furthest date of which applications are being finalized. As you can see, this also depends on when they receive the info back from other departments. Because of COVID, they can't predict how long it will take. So some applications that were received after you might get approved before because the process is no longer linear once other departments are involved. The agents processing the file may have an impact too. On the other hand, if you compare the date when the file was registered in their system or AOR, it is pretty consistent with the received date.

In summary, the date you see on the website means that all applications received by then are being finalized so a final decision has been made. If approved, they are preparing the CSQ to be printed and mailed to you. Why in one month we just reached 19 days? Because there are still applications that were received from November 20 onwards that we not finalized as of Monday this week. So the date is not an indication that ALL applications received after have not been received. But at the same time, it's not because someone with the same timeline or even a later received date, received their CSQ that it means you will receive at the same time. As I said above, it is not entirely dependent on the MIFI. The delays are frustrating but receiving our CSQ doesn't mean that we will receive our PR faster. The only time the MIFI for PR timeline is when all has been completed and IRCC says we are waiting for the CSQ. There was a case like this in the thread a few months ago.

Apparently, last year, MIFI received about three times the volume of CSQ requests they used to get which has started a backlog. To be honest, to me the CSQ delay matters a bit less than the PR. Of course, the delays mean the applicants wait longer for certain services in Quebec, but personally, the PR timeline matters more. When I see the previous timelines, people living in Quebec got their PR within 7 months. Now, I've only seen April applicants getting DM. We can't ignore the fact that the pandemic and a possible second lockdown will slow things. But what you can do in the meantime is call when you see other people have the same timeline and received an update. Don't get upset with the agent if they tell you to check the date on the website because that is what the MIFI said. Sometimes you get someone who is really kind and helpful but from experience it doesn't happen always. I would say catch the name of the agent and if they are rude, don't reply back but write online and they will deal with it internally. By rude I mean hanging up the phone (happen to me twice and it was not an argument, just the lady was getting irritated when I asked information. that was not about sponsorship but she was really rude and they listened to the call and email me back to apologize) or making rude, sarcastic remarks. If they just tell you to check on the website because your file is still processing, there is no need to argue with them. I'll make another post with some tools you can use that may help some.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
1) You can file a complaint to the MIFI by phone, by email or online. If there is personal information they cannot share, they will probably ask you to call so they can assist you.
Note: The Équipe de la gestion des plaintes does not reply to information requests or requests concerning the progress of a file. Please refer to the Telephone and E-mail sections above.
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/gestion-plaintes.html
À qui s’adressent les services de l'équipe de la gestion des plaintes?
  • À toute personne qui a eu recours aux services offerts par le Ministère et qui demeure insatisfaite des informations reçues après avoir effectué des démarches auprès du Centre de contacts clientèle pour trouver une solution.

1. Veuillez vous assurer que votre plainte ou commentaire concerne bien les services et programmes du Ministère.
  2. Renseignez-vous auprès du Centre de contacts clientèle, s'il y a lieu, avant de transmettre la plainte.
  3. Si vous demeurez insatisfait des informations reçues et souhaitez déposer une plainte auprès de l'équipe de la gestion des plaintes, assurez-vous :
    a.
    de fournir des informations détaillées;
    b. d'expliquer les démarches réalisées;
    c. de clarifier vos attentes (ce que vous désirez que nous fassions pour régler le problème) pour autant que celles-ci se situent dans les limites du mandat de l'équipe de la gestion des plaintes.
  4. Vous pouvez communiquer avec l'équipe de la gestion des plaintes par l'un des moyens suivants :
    a. par l'entremise du formulaire de plainte
    b. par téléphone :

Région de Montréal : 514 873-3533
    Ailleurs au Québec, sans frais : 1 800 771-0464
    c. par appareil téléphonique (ATS) pour les personnes sourdes ou malentendantes :
    Région de Montréal : 514 864-8158
    Ailleurs au Québec, sans frais : 1 866 227-5968
    d. par télécopieur : 514 873-6399
    e. par la poste :
    Gestion des plaintes
    Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
    1200, boul. Saint-Laurent, bureau 2.200
    Montréal (Québec) H2X 0C9
    CANADA
Nos engagements
  • L'équipe de la gestion des plaintes et le Ministère ont pris des engagements en matière de services. Ces engagements sont inscrits dans la Déclaration de services à la clientèle.
    • Accusé de réception
      • 2 jours ouvrables
    • Réponse
      • 10 jours ouvrables

2) You can file an online complaint to the PCQ. I think that's what should be done so they get more comments about MIFI's process. They are aware of it but the more the better.
https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en/make-a-complaint/how-to-make-a-complaint
1- The Québec Ombudsman only handles complaints regarding departments and agencies of the Government of Québec and institutions within the health and social services network (at the second level of recourse in the latter case).
2- MAKE SURE THAT THE INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR HANDLING YOUR FILE ARE HANDY.
3- FILE A COMPLAINT NOW:
  • using our secure online form.
  • by phone:
    418 643-2688
    Toll-free: 1 800 463-5070
    Our telephone services are available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Outside those hours, leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
  • by fax : 1 866 902-7130
  • by mail: 800, place D'Youville, 19e étage, Québec (Québec) G1R 3P4
I see a lot of people outside the forum that seem to think we should just get angry at the system and constantly shame the government. I am not one of those. The delays are frustrating, but the agents processing the files, those at customer service also have professional challenges the deal with, especially during this pandemic, that may not be visible to us. I think respect from both sides is required. It is in our right to seek information, make comments, suggestions, complaints and there are tools we can use which I listed above. We can also ask detailed information about our file or even reports that we cannot see on the website. I hope this will help.

3) You can request the notes of your file by filling a form in which you will send my mail. You will need to attach a copy of an id with a signature. Things you can request: file note from the agent, the process and timeline with other agencies, all updates on your file with date stamp. You can also request specific data like the number of CSQ requests (spouse sponsorship) received in 2019, what was the length of processing time for each month, etc. This is under the Access to Information Act (Loi de l'accès à l'information).
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/Acces-Renseignements.pdf
Tabita Nicolaica
Chef de service,
Accès à l'information et gestion des plaintes
Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
500, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, 7e étage, bureau 7.300
Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1W7
Télécopieur : 514 873-1810

4) There are data and statistics files on their website. Have a look at the Recherches et statistiques section.

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Hey this is sadly normal. By normal, I mean the norm these days, and I definitely not agree with rudeness. (check further in my post) I've had the same response when I called. I have complained to the MIFI numerous times telling them about the service, the divergent response from the staff. Even if you don't know who the agent is, you can file a complaint either online or by phone. I did and got a response saying that the agent was not trained to respond as she did. Give as much information, time of call, what was said, file info. Look, I called the complaint line and even the guy answering me was rude. Idk but I've been living out of Quebec for a while and I notice when I spent more time in Quebec last year and had to deal with various departments that people are rude, at least more than where I live around the world.

Now for the processing times just want to explain this. First the processing start, I was told as well they are not supposed to tell us. But one day someone told me and I got to know when it started. I called back and mentioned the processing start date and the lady was annoyed saying that I shouldn't know. She was even more annoyed to see my CSQ was approved saying I don<t understand how because we are processing up to November 18. Anyway, personally I didn't care, I would call every other week, just when I would see someone with the same timeline as me as an update.

About the date on the website, it has confused so many so I'll just clarify. Before June, the date on the website was for the processing start date of the file. On average, the date was changing ever 10 days with a 10-12 days jump. This just meant all applications with that received date have started processing. Maybe it was the date when the file had been verified by other departments and the lead agent at MIFI was working on it. But we didn't know how long it would take to process. After March 17, they stop updating the website. Applications were being processed but none were finalized until agents went back to the office which was in May I think. Now when they changed the update format on the website, they would update every Monday and indicate the furthest date of which applications are being finalized. As you can see, this also depends on when they receive the info back from other departments. Because of COVID, they can't predict how long it will take. So some applications that were received after you might get approved before because the process is no longer linear once other departments are involved. The agents processing the file may have an impact too. On the other hand, if you compare the date when the file was registered in their system or AOR, it is pretty consistent with the received date.

In summary, the date you see on the website means that all applications received by then are being finalized so a final decision has been made. If approved, they are preparing the CSQ to be printed and mailed to you. Why in one month we just reached 19 days? Because there are still applications that were received from November 20 onwards that we not finalized as of Monday this week. So the date is not an indication that ALL applications received after have not been received. But at the same time, it's not because someone with the same timeline or even a later received date, received their CSQ that it means you will receive at the same time. As I said above, it is not entirely dependent on the MIFI. The delays are frustrating but receiving our CSQ doesn't mean that we will receive our PR faster. The only time the MIFI for PR timeline is when all has been completed and IRCC says we are waiting for the CSQ. There was a case like this in the thread a few months ago.

Apparently, last year, MIFI received about three times the volume of CSQ requests they used to get which has started a backlog. To be honest, to me the CSQ delay matters a bit less than the PR. Of course, the delays mean the applicants wait longer for certain services in Quebec, but personally, the PR timeline matters more. When I see the previous timelines, people living in Quebec got their PR within 7 months. Now, I've only seen April applicants getting DM. We can't ignore the fact that the pandemic and a possible second lockdown will slow things. But what you can do in the meantime is call when you see other people have the same timeline and received an update. Don't get upset with the agent if they tell you to check the date on the website because that is what the MIFI said. Sometimes you get someone who is really kind and helpful but from experience it doesn't happen always. I would say catch the name of the agent and if they are rude, don't reply back but write online and they will deal with it internally. By rude I mean hanging up the phone (happen to me twice and it was not an argument, just the lady was getting irritated when I asked information. that was not about sponsorship but she was really rude and they listened to the call and email me back to apologize) or making rude, sarcastic remarks. If they just tell you to check on the website because your file is still processing, there is no need to argue with them. I'll make another post with some tools you can use that may help some.
Wow thank you for taking the time to exchange your knowledge with us

Reactions: Laurahd

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
(Please use Google Translate if needed as there were no option on this link to change to English)

https://www.quebec.ca/gouv/ministere/immigration/declaration-de-services-a-la-clientele/

MIFI commitment to customers

Nos engagements
Des services accessibles
Nous développons et nous mettons à votre disposition des services en ligne .
Nous vous dirigeons, le cas échéant, vers l’organisation la mieux placée pour vous aider.
Nous nous assurons que des services accessibles et adaptés sont offerts à la clientèle handicapée au Québec par le Ministère, ses mandataires et ses partenaires.
Du personnel courtois à votre écoute
Nous nous engageons à nous présenter, à vous accueillir poliment et à vous écouter avec attention.
Nous nous assurons de bien comprendre vos besoins et les demandes que vous nous formulez.
De l’information qui répond à vos besoins
Nous nous efforçons de maintenir à jour l’information concernant nos services et travaillons à leur amélioration continue.
Nous vous fournissons les renseignements indispensables à une prise de décision éclairée.
Nous nous engageons à rendre une décision relativement à votre demande, à vous expliquer la décision rendue et à vous informer, le cas échéant, des recours mis à votre disposition.
La protection de vos renseignements personnels (If you make a complaint regarding poor service, quote this paragraph)
Nous nous assurons de votre identité ou de celle de votre mandataire lorsque vous communiquez avec nous.
Nous respectons le caractère confidentiel de vos démarches et des renseignements qui vous concernent, en conformité avec la Loi sur l’accès aux documents des organismes publics et sur la protection des renseignements personnels .
Des services en amélioration continue
Nous vous consultons régulièrement sur vos besoins et votre satisfaction à l’égard de nos services.
Nous tenons compte de votre rétroaction et de l’évolution de vos besoins pour optimiser notre offre de services.
Nous rendons compte dans notre rapport annuel de gestion des résultats atteints au regard de nos engagements, de nos délais de traitement et de réponse et des résultats globaux des sondages de satisfaction de la clientèle.

Formuler une plainte ou un commentaire
En cas d’insatisfaction au sujet de nos services ou d’une décision rendue, l'équipe de la gestion des plaintes veille à ce que les plaintes et les commentaires formulés reçoivent toute l’attention requise. L'équipe de la gestion des plaintes participe activement à la recherche de solutions visant l’amélioration de la qualité de nos services. Si une demande ne relève pas de ses attributions, vous serez informé du transfert de cette demande vers le service concerné ou des recours dont vous pouvez vous prévaloir.

Contactez-nous par courriel : Formulaire en ligne avec un accusé de réception automatique

Téléphone : 1 800 771-0464 (sans frais)

Du lundi au vendredi de 8 h 30 à 12 h et de 13 h à 16 h 30
À l’exception des jours fériés au Québec

Télécopieur : 514 873-6399

Courrier postal :
Gestion des plaintes
Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration
1200, boulevard Saint-Laurent, bureau 2.200
Montréal (Québec) H2X 0C9
CANADA

Notre engagement
10 jours – Pour répondre à une requête

Reactions: drana11

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Wow thank you for taking the time to exchange your knowledge with us
No, thanks to you guys for keeping this thread alive. I'm inland and I got so much information here and really grateful for all of you sharing your experiences.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Annual Report 2017-2018

MIDI (now MIFI)

MISSION
Promouvoir l’immigration, la diversité et l’inclusion, sélectionner les personnes immigrantes et favoriser leur pleine participation au développement du Québec.
VISION
Un ministère mobilisé et engagé à être maître d’œuvre d’un système d’immigration performant et à contribuer de façon concertée à la prospérité d’un Québec francophone, inclusif et fier de sa diversité.
VALEURS
L’éthique est au cœur de la mission du Ministère qui dispose d’ailleurs d’un plan d’action en cette matière. Le Ministère fait siennes les grandes valeurs gouvernementales que sont la compétence, la loyauté, le respect, l’intégrité et l’impartialité. En complément, il s’engage à promouvoir l’ouverture à la diversité.

Demande d’engagement de parrainage familial
Engagement en jours ouvrables: (25 jours)
Cible 2017-2018: 95 %
Résultats
Nombre de demandes traitées: 9 247
Pourcentage atteint dans les délais: 90,3 %

La cible 2017-2018 n’a pas été atteinte. Le retard enregistré au premier trimestre de 2017-2018 a affecté le résultat de l’année. Ce retard découle de la décision d’Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada, en juin 2016, de procéder au traitement accéléré des demandes de parrainage visant des époux et des conjoints de fait, ce qui a généré une augmentation des demandes d’engagement de parrainage familial présentées au Ministère et a eu une incidence sur les délais de traitement. Le délai de 25 jours est toutefois respecté dans plus de 96 % des décisions depuis le troisième trimestre de l’année financière 2017-2018. Le délai moyen13 pour rendre une décision à la suite d’une demande d’engagement de parrainage familial a été de 19,1 jours en 2017-2018.

"Le nombre de personnes immigrantes admises dans la catégorie du regroupement familial (12 136 personnes) a légèrement dépassé le maximum de la fourchette établie (entre 11 400 et 11 900). Cette augmentation découle de la décision d’Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada, en juin 2016, de réduire les délais de traitement des demandes de cette catégorie afin d’éliminer l’arriéré des demandes de parrainage visant des épouses et époux ou des conjointes et conjoints de fait."

Rappelons que l’admission des personnes immigrantes sur le territoire canadien relève du gouvernement du Canada. Le Québec est toutefois seul responsable de la sélection des personnes qui souhaitent s’établir sur son territoire, à l’exception de celles de la catégorie du regroupement familial et des personnes reconnues réfugiées alors qu’elles se trouvent déjà au Canada (voir l’Annexe 4).

Annexe 4
LE PARTAGE DES RESPONSABILITÉS PRÉVU À L’ACCORD CANADA-QUÉBEC : LA RECONNAISSANCE DU CARACTÈRE DISTINCT DE LA SOCIÉTÉ QUÉBÉCOISE

Sélection et Admission
Québec
- Évaluation et décision sur les candidatures soumises à la sélection (ensemble du mouvement migratoire, à l’exception du regroupement familial et des personnes reconnues réfugiées sur place
- Délivrance du Certificat de sélection du Québec

Canada
- Définition des catégories générales d’immigration
- Définition des exigences statutaires (santé, criminalité, sécurité nationale)
- Admission des personnes immigrantes > Obligation d’admission des personnes sélectionnées par le Québec si elles respectent les exigences statutaires > Obligation de ne pas admettre les personnes qui ne satisfont pas aux critères de sélection du Québec
- Détermination de la recevabilité des demandes d’immigration permanente sur place
- Attribution de la résidence permanente
- Contrôle de santé, de criminalité et de sécurité nationale
- Exécution des mesures de renvoi

Réunification familiale
Québec
- Fixation des normes financières, lorsque le fédéral l’exige et des conditions de parrainage
- Réception et suivi des engagements

Canada
- Détermination des personnes admissibles
- Détermination de l’assujettissement à des normes financières

Source: https://cdn-contenu.quebec.ca/cdn-contenu/adm/min/immigration/publications-adm/rapport-annuel-gestion/RA_annuel_gestion_2017-2018_MIDI.pdf?1545170975

Reactions: Canada&CO

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi. Yes, they want the decision made letter from IRCC that was sent to me in December, they just want an update of it with the recent date on it.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hello.

I'm Completely Shocked all day.

My husband phoned to them today and the lady said our CSQ was approved.

CSQ requested: Jan 31 2020
CSQ application received: Feb 11 2020
CSQ AOR: Apr 04 2020
Congrats! I would have probably gotten approved too if they did not request an update of decision made letter. Oh boy.

Riad1477

Feb 11, 2019
Congrats! I would have probably gotten approved too if they did not request an update of decision made letter. Oh boy.
Hi
Mon frère qui est mon parrain a reçu une lettre de MIFI pour demande de documents , c'est une mise à jour.
Je suis complètement dégoûté, encore du retard. On a envoyé tous les documents nécessaires en mois de février mais avec ces retards on doit les refaire tous les feuillets d'impôts, revenu quebec... etc etc pour l'année 2019.
Que Dieu soit avec nous c'est tout.

navie3990

Sep 8, 2017
I think our call might get picked up by the same dude. I didn’t catch his name either, but he’s extremely unhelpful, sarcastic, and inpatient. Wish I could file a complaint against him.
You can submit a complaint here. I have done that for submitting a complaint regarding the misspelled name on the CSQ. Just be polite and ask for specific actions that you think they can take and hope for an answer within 10 business days.

Reactions: mlei9569

Arnaud87

May 27, 2020
[QUOTE = "Stephie @ 31, message: 8730996, membre: 909319"]
Salut à tous! Une mise à jour sur CSQ cette semaine?
[/CITATION]
L
[/CITATION]
Sur
[/CITATION]
Dirait qu ils ont supprimés les dates de traitements de dossiers