+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW: THE BASICS!

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Hello,

I am working as Systems Analyst but my Education was Electrical and Electronic engineering so my experience does not exactly match my education. Am I eligible for Quebec immigration? Please advise.

Regards

Bare Bones

Dec 27, 2015
I have done my Bachelors in Chemistry (B.Sc.- Chemistry) and Masters in Computer Applications (M.C.A.).
I have 5+ years of experience in Software Development (iOS) after finishing my Masetrs degree.
I could not find the M.C.A. degree under AOT list 2015 version.

I also have completed ECA from WES for both my degrees and both are recognized as Bachelors Degree (3 years) and Canadian Master's Degree by WES report.

Does that mean I won't be get points for AOT ? If AOT points are 0 then my application would be automatically gets rejected or what ?

I am really confused. Please help me.

ykhan60

Mar 21, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Hi Guys,
I have completed MSc. in Chemical Engineering from University of Birmingham,UK. In UK,MSc is 1 year education.Before MSc.,I had 16 years BSc.Chemical Engineering degree. So my total education is 17 years.
Could you please advise whether its equal to Bachelor degree or Masters degree in Quebec degree frame work, and how many points I can claim for my UK Msc. degree?Thanks

sarthakp

Jan 6, 2016
Please can anybody assessed my points for qswp mon projet?

I am a mechanical engineer.
Having 4years and 5 months of industrial experience.
Ielts score is speaking 6, listening 7.5, writing 5.5, reading 6. In general module.
Wife education is12th pass.
One daughter of 2 years old.
Wes (credential evaluation) is ready.
Age 28 years old.

Please tell me am I eligible for Quebec skill worker program.

Thanks and regards.

Anjaneya

Jan 7, 2016
Hi,

Now that the system is online submission of documents for Jan intake, does anyone have an idea if the original scanned documents need to be submitted online or the notarized scanned copies of documents as requirement in earlier mail system was of certified true copies.

Thanks for any information

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Hello everyone!

I think I have asked this question before, but I still have cetain concerns...

As I understand, one gets points separately for AOT, work experience, and education. Even if some criteria don't score you anything or if they score you not enough, you could catch up with the other criteria.

The question is this: to what work experience should be relevant?

This is an example that is true for me. I have a bachelour's degree which gives me points for education. My area of training is Law, which gives me no points. Okay, but I also have several years of work experience related to my education and my area of training in particular (a lawyer). Does it count?
Like,even if I work in an occupation that is related to my education, I still get points, right? Regardless the fact that AOT is useless.
Or, for example, if I worked as a waiter, I would get no points for experience because it was'nt related to the education, right?

I would be gratefull if someone could clarify this to me.
In a phrase, will the work experience count if your AOT does not score you points? Or the work experience will always count as long as the job requires the level of education one has.

UPDATE: I have found the answer on my own question but I think I will leave the post here in case anyone comes up with the same question.
Well, the work experience counts as long as the skill level of the occupation is above "D" in the NOC.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question related to a specific question in application

Temporary resident status in a country other than your country of citizenship or permanent residence:
Do you have a residence permit or stay document with a cumulative validity covering at least one year, issued by authorities of the country or territory where you currently reside?

Yes or No.

I am on a Tier 2 visa in UK. My visa is valid till Sept 2016 (8 more months). I can apply for renewal only in June 2016. Is it mandatory for an applicant to have minimum 12 months valid document to apply for QSWP?

Kindly provide me your opinion.

Thanks.

Vahan

Sep 7, 2014
Dear all,

Can you help with the following issue:
I am in the process of filling Mon projet application and have a question regarding previous applications:
in the application there is a question "Have you ever submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, elsewhere than Québec?"
I have a profile in Express Entry and wonder whether to answer to the above question "Yes" and if to answer Yes then what is the status: "Accepted" or "Pending".

Best regards

ZZoro

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Hello everyone,,,

Can anyone please tell me something that is basic,

Someone who has made an Express Entry account, Can they not apply for Quebec Mon Project, i am a little confused,,, as i reached the Demandes antérieures, and section in it asks us " Have you ever submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, elsewhere than Québec?), click on the dropdown button and select Oui (Yes) or Non (No). "

Someone who has currently got the Express Entry account, can they not apply for Mon Project Quebec ? Because when i clicked YES, it says u cant apply if you have a Permanent immigration case pending ???

Can anyone please help,

Thank you

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi,

Great first post. Cleared 99% of the doubts. As for the remaining 1%, i just wanted to know what can be done in my specific situation.

My points are over 60,but i cant create an account in "Mon Projet Quebec" right now. However, I do have an employment letter from where i am employed right now. Do i have to wait until immigration- quebec allows us to create accounts again or can i use my employment proof to jump the queue somehow?

Also, i'd love it if someone can give an estimate of the duration of A) time taken to get CSQ after applying, B) time from CSQ to PR.

Thanks! I have requested to get in the Whatsapp group!

SHAHBAZACMA

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
I am looking for some guidance through this thread.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]I have 16 years education, Graduation in Economics from Pakistan and also have a Cost & Management Accountant designation in Pakistan, which is evaluated as Graduation (16 years) as per my ECA. First one is in 2010 and second one in 2013. I am working in a leading local bank in credit department having about 8 years of experience. I am confused about AOT points. Can any one help me?????????????[/size][/size]