+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
What exactly falls into the ADR category? Is it any document requested during processing, or a very specific thing? In my case, they asked me back in January for a couple of documents, like my CV.
In my case was the military record of my husband. (Mandatory service back in our home country)

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
What exactly falls into the ADR category? Is it any document requested during processing, or a very specific thing? In my case, they asked me back in January for a couple of documents, like my CV.
Technically every request made by ircc after your application submission is ADR, but things like remedical request , consent form doesn't make application complex.But specific ADR's regarding employment , visa refusals , previous work with gov organizations would make application complex as they would take extra time to pass eligibility and security stage.

Reactions: askcan

r1505e

Mar 11, 2023
Okay, so I was in the background check stage since April 19th. I got issued the golden email yesterday confirming my residency. Don't give up hope - I was in the Sydney/Ottawa situation.

Reactions: brb2288

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
In my case was the military record of my husband. (Mandatory service back in our home country)
They also asked me for the military record ("Military Table" in GCMS notes), even though I explained in my application that I did not serve in the military and provided a supporting document. That's probably the reason for the delay, but I can't imagine what they have been doing for seven months now. Do you know by any chance what they do with that information?

Okay, so I was in the background check stage since April 19th. I got issued the golden email yesterday confirming my residency. Don't give up hope - I was in the Sydney/Ottawa situation.
Congratulations! I have the same PVO/SVO, currently at the nine-month mark.

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Congrats! Did you have a record "Background verification in progress" in your tracker timeline? or was it updated to "Completed" directly?

r1505e

Mar 11, 2023
Congrats! Did you have a record "Background verification in progress" in your tracker timeline? or was it updated to "Completed" directly?
Yes it went "in progress" then completed. I contacted IRCC a number of times, they said it was the security part which took the most time.

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Yes it went "in progress" then completed. I contacted IRCC a number of times, they said it was the security part which took the most time.
Just want to confirm, how long was your security in progress before it went to completed? It was not from "not started" to "completed" directly as per your call to IRCC right?

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
Hi guys! Any good news in this group? I am at the 8 moths and 7 days mark with the last update in May 24th. My process is 3 months above the average processing time :(

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
I don't know if it's 100% accurate, but it seems like PVO Sydney operates in a way that if you are under CBSA review (specifically security), then there will be no movement until the due date on your application that can be found in CBSA notes.

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I don't know if it's 100% accurate, but it seems like PVO Sydney operates in a way that if you are under CBSA review (specifically security), then there will be no movement until the due date on your application that can be found in CBSA notes.
What date is that and where is it? I haven't received my notes yet.

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
Does this apply to gcms notes too?

ottor1

Jun 13, 2023
It's the due date on the first page of the notes. The general due date of the application, not the due date on the security page
I got my CBSA notes today and the due date for the security is 4 months after the due date of application. Any idea which one takes precedence or importance?

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
I got my CBSA notes today and the due date for the security is 4 months after the due date of application. Any idea which one takes precedence or importance?
As far as I understand, the due date of the application matters. What is your application due date?