Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Yes dear, but remember to get registered with in first three months.

obaid.Samee said:
Thanks WAY..... :)
this means i can have the medical facilities under AHCIP...

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Lovely, waiting anxiously for next post........:)

Mightyechoes said:
Dear Forum Members,

First of all i would like to extend my apologies with regards to my absence from the forum. I was busy like hell.....lolz :eek: :) ;).....
But here i am again...

SIN (Social Insurance Number) Procedure:

After 1 day of landing i went to Canadian services office in Fish creek area which was close to my cousin's residence to apply for a SIN. The staff was great out there, They asked my landing papers and they typed information in their data base and give me back a letter on which they issued my SIN number. They said that your SIN Card will be mailed to your postal address with in 2 weeks time but i got my SIN Card just after a week.

Bank Account Opening:

I went to TD bank in shawnessey branch where everybody at the bank greet me with smiles as i was there to open a new bank account as a new immigrant. At TD bank the account manager discussed with me and asked how much i wanna submit and when i told her that i have 8K in cash form and 15K in bank draft form then she described different account options to me and suggested me the best option according to my needs and i opted one which was best suited to my needs. This account opening took just 45 mins.

Driving License Knowledge Test Procedure:

I went to registry office and told them that i am here to apply for my driving license. They told me that first i have to go through the knowledge test and they gave me a book of 206 pages comprising of traffic rules and info with regards to knowledge test and gave me a date after 3 days. I went there again after 3 days n gave my test. It was a test of 30 question MCQs and i scored 28/30 n passed that one. They did the visual test afterward and gave me a operator permit of my test and said now we need an endorsement letter from Pakistan high commission in Vancouver Canada which will prove the authentication of ur previous driving license. I told them that i already have the NOC from my licensing authority from Pakistan but they said NO. They handed over the paper from Alberta Govt that i will have to give them the required endorsement letter from Consulate. so i post the application form from the consulate website filled it up, plus my driving knowledge permit and courired them to Pakistan High Commission Vancouver. After 6 weeks i got the endorsement letter back from consulate and i presented the same to Registry office again and they issued the permit of Class 7 driving GDL license, took my photograph from their Camera and said that my Class 7 learner GDL license card will be posted my the driving authority at my postal address with 2 weeks. I got the License card after 10 days now. Now i will apply with this license card in registry office for the wavier of my 2 years period and book the appointment for advanced driving test so that i can have my Class 5 GDL license.

In next post i will discuss my story of getting a job in Walmart and other venues, security training and how to pass the provincial exam of SSIA(Security Services and Investigator Act). How to search the home or apartment on rent....weather.....conditions to live with family in Alberta n especially in Calgary, My Pharmacy course admission and lot more.

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes.

rehanhaque

Dec 28, 2009
AoA Fellow Wannabe Immigrants :)

Georgie, a good friend from Oman, who also has CA PR, recently advised about 2 things. Thought I'd share;

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hi Rehan,

After you land one of the first things you would be looking for is a mobile SIM. If you go to any of the operators counters (Bell/ Rogers etc.) they will never give you a prepaid SIM and con you into a 2 year plan and a locked in phone which you cannot get out of later unless you pay cancellation fees etc etc.

So from experience the best place to go is to the nearest 7-eleven convenience store and get their SpeakOut prepaid SIM and a 25$ voucher which gives you 100 airtime minutes and validity for a 1 year. Then you can later conveniently decide which plan you want to get into......

http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/indexb.html

cheers
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

... Plz ensure you get different cards for you and your wife so that both person's credit history is recorded eventually. We didn't know this and went into a headache when we were renting an apartment because my wife had a supplementary card and didn't have a credit history for herself!...

rehanhaque

Dec 28, 2009
AoA Pakistani Falcons :)

One of the things we're contemplating is to keep all of our essentials for the trip, in 6-7 suit cases, and using box cartons for taking all other non-essentials. I read on Canada Visa once that since Canadian houses have a dearth of storage space, it is better to use cartons for moving non-essentials, so that those could be thrown away once used. I figure the cartons have to be very strong and sizable enough to bear 23 KGs (weight per checked luggage piece allowed by our airline, Emirates) for the entire trip.

Any advice by those who have taken the trip?

Thanks.
Rehan Haque

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
rehanhaque said:
AoA Pakistani Falcons :)

One of the things we're contemplating is to keep all of our essentials for the trip, in 6-7 suit cases, and using box cartons for taking all other non-essentials. I read on Canada Visa once that since Canadian houses have a dearth of storage space, it is better to use cartons for moving non-essentials, so that those could be thrown away once used. I figure the cartons have to be very strong and sizable enough to bear 23 KGs (weight per checked luggage piece allowed by our airline, Emirates) for the entire trip.

Any advice by those who have taken the trip?

Thanks.
Rehan Haque
Thanks brother, but do you know the dimensions of the cartons which we can take with us....

rehanhaque

Dec 28, 2009
I'm told (from Pak Application Forum) the total size should not be more than 62 inches.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pakistan-application-forum-t19839.44415.html

obaid.Samee said:
Thanks brother, but do you know the dimensions of the cartons which we can take with us....

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
Can we carry:

pirated dvd movies
+writable dvd s (with movies in them)
+a small dvd player.

any issues with that ??

Anyone ?? Esp. People who carried n have landed. Thanx.

omer4372

Mar 14, 2013
Slam everyon this related about travelling
I'm having flight in 10 -15 days from lahore to ottawa as
lahore to dubai emirates dubai to Heathrow Emirates and Heathrow to ottawa air Canada
I want to ask about the baggage which will be checked . We i'll have to collect my baggage and check It
Again at heathrow for connecting flight plane will land and depart at same terminal (3)
Connecting time is 85 min at both airports + if I have to again checkin will I need transit visa .pakistani passport

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
omer4372 said:
lahore to dubai emirates dubai to Heathrow Emirates and Heathrow to ottawa air Canada
I want to ask about the baggage which will be checked . We i'll have to collect my baggage and check It
Again at heathrow for connecting flight plane will land and depart at same terminal (3)
Connecting time is 85 min at both airports + if I have to again checkin will I need transit visa .pakistani passport
Wsalam omer bhai,

What little i know, you will not need a transit visa at HEathrow and check in of baggage is not required. you will check it in at Lahore and will collect it at Ottawa. Mighty echoes took transit at heathrow he can confirm this too.

Regards,
Obaid

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Which airline has the cheapeast fare from Karachi to Toronto?
Does anyone has any experience in traveling on Turkish air lines ??

Mightyechoes

Mar 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
August, 2011.
File Transfer...
July, 2010
Med's Request
MARCH, 2012
Med's Done....
05 March, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:20-08-12......PPR2:08-10-2012.Ecase:DM:9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
december, 2012. Insha Allah
omer4372 said:
Dear Omer,

Obaid is spot on. ur baggage will be checked in at LHR Pak and then ya will receive it at ottawa. Dont worry emirates is so so so much responsible. My family fly from emirates, their baggage was missed by British airways from heathrow to Calgary but Emirates send the baggage within 24 hrs at our doorsteps in Calgary so dont worry about the baggage.

Regards,

Mightyechoes.

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
AOA Mighty:
Nice to see u bk on forum, must be very busy in starting new life in canada. We are still waiting for your next post, as you last post was "to be continued".........:).

Mightyechoes said:
Dear Omer,

Obaid is spot on. ur baggage will be checked in at LHR Pak and then ya will receive it at ottawa. Dont worry emirates is so so so much responsible. My family fly from emirates, their baggage was missed by British airways from heathrow to Calgary but Emirates send the baggage within 24 hrs at our doorsteps in Calgary so dont worry about the baggage.

Regards,

Mightyechoes.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAY said:
AOA Mighty:
Nice to see u bk on forum, must be very busy in starting new life in canada. We are still waiting for your next post, as you last post was "to be continued".........:).
I second.

We are anxiously waiting for Mightyechoes bro.'s next post (in continuation) based on his experiences in Canada. :)

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
Hi fellows,

Alhamdulillah I have been reached Toronto on last Tuesday with my family.
Overall 14hrs PIA direct flight was comfortable expect 30 minutes late. PIA allows two 28kg luggage for each passenger.

At Toronto immigration process was quite smooth just avoid to bring any of food items, cigarettes, packed spices and fruits. Moreover please make two separate lists of items; 1) goods to carry, 2) good to follow items lists. I made these lists MS excel sheet. Immigration officer check each jewelry items & stamped all those jewelry pics which were shown to him. He filled a B4 form and after necessary signature and stamping he handed over me to me for future reference. A Tip: Always carry entire jewelry with you on first landing, in following visit or good to follow tax would be charged on jewelry. During flight a declaration form be given to you which always fill up carefully including funds you have equal or more than $10000. Bank draft is an easy and safe way to transfer funds.

Weather is still cold outside; temp 2c to -7c. Light snowfall expected and in progress with breaks. so please must bring snow shoes and good brand over coat or jacket for each member.
Always be a good bring a good mobile/cell device from Pakistan, otherwise you have to sign at least a year contract. Usually here mobile device is operator locked and prices are also quite high. After applied SIN and opening of a bank account go for SIMM connection (postpaid) otherwise they ask you deposit $100 as security.

Don't forget to bring US & Canada standard power socket convertor "1 round & 2 flat pins" It would be handy if you bring a multi-sockets power extension.

Hope above information will help you to better prepare before coming to Canada

Regards-Amjpk

kml2706

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011 , IP 10-08-11
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
2-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 20-08-12 Decision made 24-08-12 PPR2 17-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-12
LANDED..........
7th May,2013
amjpk said:
Hi fellows,

Alhamdulillah I have been reached Toronto on last Tuesday with my family.
Overall 14hrs PIA direct flight was comfortable expect 30 minutes late. PIA allows two 28kg luggage for each passenger.

At Toronto immigration process was quite smooth just avoid to bring any of food items, cigarettes, packed spices and fruits. Moreover please make two separate lists of items; 1) goods to carry, 2) good to follow items lists. I made these lists MS excel sheet. Immigration officer check each jewelry items & stamped all those jewelry pics which were shown to him. He filled a B4 form and after necessary signature and stamping he handed over me to me for future reference. A Tip: Always carry entire jewelry with you on first landing, in following visit or good to follow tax would be charged on jewelry. During flight a declaration form be given to you which always fill up carefully including funds you have equal or more than $10000. Bank draft is an easy and safe way to transfer funds.

Weather is still cold outside; temp 2c to -7c. Light snowfall expected and in progress with breaks. so please must bring snow shoes and good brand over coat or jacket for each member.
Always be a good bring a good mobile/cell device from Pakistan, otherwise you have to sign at least a year contract. Usually here mobile device is operator locked and prices are also quite high. After applied SIN and opening of a bank account go for SIMM connection (postpaid) otherwise they ask you deposit $100 as security.

Don't forget to bring US & Canada standard power socket convertor "1 round & 2 flat pins" It would be handy if you bring a multi-sockets power extension.

Hope above information will help you to better prepare before coming to Canada

Regards-Amjpk
Thanks for the information provided..
are u sure jewellery coming later on with family in good to follow list will be taxed???????
plz clarify

Thanks
WS