Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:20-08-12......PPR2:08-10-2012.Ecase:DM:9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
december, 2012. Insha Allah
Mightyechoes said:
Well at the immigration section there were 6 immigration officer were there to sort out the things for newly landed immigrants, I was at no.8....There was a indian old lady who dont know english, she requested me that.."PUTAR tu meray naaaal raheen tey inaa nu samjhan dayen that why i m here....she landed on the request of her daughter here in Calgary so i said fikar na karo amma jee...i ll do the translator services......she was behind me but i let her took my place and when they called her, i went with her and requested the immigration lady that i m here as a volunteer n as a translator.she liked this gesture n said from where ya are and i said i m from Pakistan..she was kinda appreciated this gesture of mine and said so a pakistani is here to help an indian.thats great.....after helping her i went back to my original turn...she said ya can come in n have ur turn but as there were two families behind me with kids so i gave my place to those families and i said.its ok i m without family so i wont mind standing in a line and i ll have my turn later.....why i am mentioning all of this here because i believe there is nothing wrong in giving others a helping hand while ya can..because i believe that good things comes to those who wait.....so after those 2 families.i walked forward and lady behind the immigration counter asked for my passport and COPR and after putting some information on teh computer and on my COPR.returned me all my stuff and said SIR welcome to ur new land CANADA, Now ya r a permanent resident"
I came outta immigration department in 10 mins and went straight for my luggage, after picking the luggage i went to a officer at the exit point where i told the officer that i ve a goods accompyning list as well as good following.so he sent me to another counter behind the luggage area where another officer put a stamp on my both B4 and B4A forms, I asked him that my family will have their landing in the coming month of february so will they have to fill the same forms by themselves or i will have to fill their forms.....he said no sir, they will fill their own forms......so i went out the exit where my cousin standing there with her kids to greet me.....and i put my landing gear on Canadian soil with my prayer.....hasbi Allah hoo la ila ha ila hu ailyee hee tawakal tu...wo hoa rabul arshil azeem......
SO THAT WAS ALL OF MY JOURNEY FROM LAHR----DUBAI----LONDON AND FINALLY CALGARY....................

Next i will tell ya all with regards to the SIN.No,health card,bank account opening, and police report filing and driving license procedure........

I tried to cover everything in those three posts above in a same way things happened with me.......but i gotta tell ya that they might be different with other landed immigrants.....so if someone else is having different views then its ok.......

Looking forward for ur kinds prayers and best wishes.....

Regards,

Mightyechoes......
Dear Forum Members,

First of all i would like to extend my apologies with regards to my absence from the forum. I was busy like hell.....lolz :eek: :) ;).....
But here i am again...

SIN (Social Insurance Number) Procedure:

After 1 day of landing i went to Canadian services office in Fish creek area which was close to my cousin's residence to apply for a SIN. The staff was great out there, They asked my landing papers and they typed information in their data base and give me back a letter on which they issued my SIN number. They said that your SIN Card will be mailed to your postal address with in 2 weeks time but i got my SIN Card just after a week.

Bank Account Opening:

I went to TD bank in shawnessey branch where everybody at the bank greet me with smiles as i was there to open a new bank account as a new immigrant. At TD bank the account manager discussed with me and asked how much i wanna submit and when i told her that i have 8K in cash form and 15K in bank draft form then she described different account options to me and suggested me the best option according to my needs and i opted one which was best suited to my needs. This account opening took just 45 mins.

Driving License Knowledge Test Procedure:

I went to registry office and told them that i am here to apply for my driving license. They told me that first i have to go through the knowledge test and they gave me a book of 206 pages comprising of traffic rules and info with regards to knowledge test and gave me a date after 3 days. I went there again after 3 days n gave my test. It was a test of 30 question MCQs and i scored 28/30 n passed that one. They did the visual test afterward and gave me a operator permit of my test and said now we need an endorsement letter from Pakistan high commission in Vancouver Canada which will prove the authentication of ur previous driving license. I told them that i already have the NOC from my licensing authority from Pakistan but they said NO. They handed over the paper from Alberta Govt that i will have to give them the required endorsement letter from Consulate. so i post the application form from the consulate website filled it up, plus my driving knowledge permit and courired them to Pakistan High Commission Vancouver. After 6 weeks i got the endorsement letter back from consulate and i presented the same to Registry office again and they issued the permit of Class 7 driving GDL license, took my photograph from their Camera and said that my Class 7 learner GDL license card will be posted my the driving authority at my postal address with 2 weeks. I got the License card after 10 days now. Now i will apply with this license card in registry office for the wavier of my 2 years period and book the appointment for advanced driving test so that i can have my Class 5 GDL license.

In next post i will discuss my story of getting a job in Walmart and other venues, security training and how to pass the provincial exam of SSIA(Security Services and Investigator Act). How to search the home or apartment on rent....weather.....conditions to live with family in Alberta n especially in Calgary, My Pharmacy course admission and lot more.

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes.

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
I want to travel from riyadh to toronto, from here there is no direct flight all are via london to toronto and in summer (July - august) all connecting from London to US & then toronto.

My question is do I need to obtain visa during my transit in london & especially from US while heading towards to toronto?

Please note that during this journey airlines is also getting change.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
ali.naeem said:
I want to travel from riyadh to toronto, from here there is no direct flight all are via london to toronto and in summer (July - august) all connecting from London to US & then toronto.

My question is do I need to obtain visa during my transit in london & especially from US while heading towards to toronto?

Please note that during this journey airlines is also getting change.
No need for a transit visa at London if you are travelling with your immigrant visa or PR card of Canada. however at US you need a transit visa.

People here generally advise to avoid the US route as much as possible.

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Yes this is what I am receiving the feedback to avoid US route. But in summer July flights are too booked and packed, its not possible to go directly from London, one have to tough any US state, so I am getting confused what to do?

If i take from Dubai to Toronto in july the fares are too high.

Looking forward your advice in this regard.

humsafar said:
No need for a transit visa at London if you are travelling with your immigrant visa or PR card of Canada. however at US you need a transit visa.

People here generally advise to avoid the US route as much as possible.

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
ali.naeem said:
Yes this is what I am receiving the feedback to avoid US route. But in summer July flights are too booked and packed, its not possible to go directly from London, one have to tough any US state, so I am getting confused what to do?

Do not go via US, there are many options. Turkish is very good etc

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
ali.naeem said:

Your name suggests that you are from Pak, so try to take PIA from PAK it is cheaper and direct to Toronto. I haven't read any complaint from any one here who have traveled in PIA from PAK to Toronto.

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
PIA don't operate from Saudia to Canada, in this case I have to go to Pakistan and then take the flight from there.... which will waste my time as I am planning to go on my 30 days of vacation and return back to work in Saudia within 30 days.

Turkish is also expensive compare with US option.

humsafar said:
Your name suggests that you are from Pak, so try to take PIA from PAK it is cheaper and direct to Toronto. I haven't read any complaint from any one here who have traveled in PIA from PAK to Toronto.

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
I would appreciate if anybody answer my following queries;-

a) Does PIA or any other airline provide extra luggage weight facility for an immigrant traveler?
b) Does PIA allow cardboard carton as checked luggage if yes; what are dimensions?
Thanks in advance

Regards
Amjpk

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mightyechoes said:
Dear Forum Members,

First of all i would like to extend my apologies with regards to my absence from the forum. I was busy like hell.....lolz :eek: :) ;).....
But here i am again...

After 1 day of landing i went to Canadian services office in Fish creek area which was close to my cousin's residence to apply for a SIN. The staff was great out there, They asked my landing papers and they typed information in their data base and give me back a letter on which they issued my SIN number. They said that your SIN Card will be mailed to your postal address with in 2 weeks time but i got my SIN Card just after a week.

Bank Account Opening:

I went to TD bank in shawnessey branch where everybody at the bank greet me with smiles as i was there to open a new bank account as a new immigrant. At TD bank the account manager discussed with me and asked how much i wanna submit and when i told her that i have 8K in cash form and 15K in bank draft form then she described different account options to me and suggested me the best option according to my needs and i opted one which was best suited to my needs. This account opening took just 45 mins.

I went to registry office and told them that i am here to apply for my driving license. They told me that first i have to go through the knowledge test and they gave me a book of 206 pages comprising of traffic rules and info with regards to knowledge test and gave me a date after 3 days. I went there again after 3 days n gave my test. It was a test of 30 question MCQs and i scored 28/30 n passed that one. They did the visual test afterward and gave me a operator permit of my test and said now we need an endorsement letter from Pakistan high commission in Vancouver Canada which will prove the authentication of ur previous driving license. I told them that i already have the NOC from my licensing authority from Pakistan but they said NO. They handed over the paper from Alberta Govt that i will have to give them the required endorsement letter from Consulate. so i post the application form from the consulate website filled it up, plus my driving knowledge permit and courired them to Pakistan High Commission Vancouver. After 6 weeks i got the endorsement letter back from consulate and i presented the same to Registry office again and they issued the permit of Class 7 driving GDL license, took my photograph from their Camera and said that my Class 7 learner GDL license card will be posted my the driving authority at my postal address with 2 weeks. I got the License card after 10 days now. Now i will apply with this license card in registry office for the wavier of my 2 years period and book the appointment for advanced driving test so that i can have my Class 5 GDL license.

In next post i will discuss my story of getting a job in Walmart and other venues, security training and how to pass the provincial exam of SSIA(Security Services and Investigator Act). How to search the home or apartment on rent....weather.....conditions to live with family in Alberta n especially in Calgary, My Pharmacy course admission and lot more.

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes.
Nicely explained. Very helpful indeed.

Waiting anxiously for next episode (I mean post) :)

Cheers & take care.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mightyechoes said:
Dear Forum Members,

But here i am again...

Bank Account Opening:

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes.
thats great buddy......waitng for ur next post anxiously

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
Wow, Bro welcome back to the fourm. As usual very informative post. thanks

Regards
Amjad

Mightyechoes said:
Dear Forum Members,

But here i am again...

Bank Account Opening:

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes.

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Thanks, probably I have to change my travel dates as in summer (July - August) rates are high or to reduce cost only option is via US which is also required in transit as well. I get the confirm mail from US embassy.

In order to avoid US and travel in normal fare I have to see some travel dates in May or June as this is not summer season so fares are available in normal price. Also options easily available via London , Istanbul & Frankfurt.

khalid h said:
Do not go via US, there are many options. Turkish is very good etc

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
WAY said:
Moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada

If you are moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada, you are eligible for AHCIP coverage on the first day of the third month following your date of arrival. You should register within 3 months of arrival. If you apply later, the effective date of your coverage will be determined when you register.
■If you are moving within Alberta, please update your information

Moving to Alberta from outside Canada / immigrants

If you are moving or returning to Alberta from outside Canada, you might be eligible for coverage on the date of your arrival. You must register within 3 months of arrival. Newcomers to Canada are required to present a copy of their Canada entry document along with their other supporting documents.
■Contact us for more information if you or your dependants hold temporary immigration documents.

To apply for coverage, complete and submit the Application for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan Coverage (Form AHC0102), also available at an authorized registry agent location.
■Read about registration requirements and eligibility

Arriving ahead of your dependants

If your dependants plan to join you in Alberta later, you should maintain coverage for your family and yourself at the location where your dependants still live. Contact us for more information if your dependants do not intend to move here within 12 months of your arrival.

If you apply for AHCIP coverage for yourself and your family within 3 months of their arrival, coverage will be effective on the first day of the third month after they arrive.

Thanks WAY..... :)
this means i can have the medical facilities under AHCIP...

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Salam to all,

One of my friends immigrated to canada in 2010 and went to winniepeg manitoba..he gave me this information that he went thier with an international driving liscense and he drove their with that for 3 months time legally. can nay one confirm that this info is right... can we drive now? has the laws changed? or is it noly in manitoba?

Regards,