Passport Req..
03-October-2012 (Dec made on Nov 7, 12)
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
amjpk said:
Hi fellows,

Alhamdulillah I have been reached Toronto on last Tuesday with my family.
Overall 14hrs PIA direct flight was comfortable expect 30 minutes late. PIA allows two 28kg luggage for each passenger.

At Toronto immigration process was quite smooth just avoid to bring any of food items, cigarettes, packed spices and fruits. Moreover please make two separate lists of items; 1) goods to carry, 2) good to follow items lists. I made these lists MS excel sheet. Immigration officer check each jewelry items & stamped all those jewelry pics which were shown to him. He filled a B4 form and after necessary signature and stamping he handed over me to me for future reference. A Tip: Always carry entire jewelry with you on first landing, in following visit or good to follow tax would be charged on jewelry. During flight a declaration form be given to you which always fill up carefully including funds you have equal or more than $10000. Bank draft is an easy and safe way to transfer funds.

Weather is still cold outside; temp 2c to -7c. Light snowfall expected and in progress with breaks. so please must bring snow shoes and good brand over coat or jacket for each member.
Always be a good bring a good mobile/cell device from Pakistan, otherwise you have to sign at least a year contract. Usually here mobile device is operator locked and prices are also quite high. After applied SIN and opening of a bank account go for SIMM connection (postpaid) otherwise they ask you deposit $100 as security.

Don't forget to bring US & Canada standard power socket convertor "1 round & 2 flat pins" It would be handy if you bring a multi-sockets power extension.

Hope above information will help you to better prepare before coming to Canada

Regards-Amjpk
Good post Amjad bhai, i would also suggest everyone to bring some antibiotics etc for cold and other such maladies. Doc usually charge $40 per visit and medicines are expensive also.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qshahzad said:
Good post Amjad bhai, i would also suggest everyone to bring some antibiotics etc for cold and other such maladies. Doc usually charge $40 per visit and medicines are expensive also.
Thanks for the advice.

Kindly confirm does OHIP covers both doctor visiting cost & cost of medicines?

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
Already submitted with Doc request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
06-May-2012 (delivered on May 17, 12)
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
03-October-2012 (Dec made on Nov 7, 12)
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
phdmaker said:
Thanks for the advice.

Kindly confirm does OHIP covers both doctor visiting cost & cost of medicines?
OHIP covers consultation fee, medicines are to be purchased. However, some employers provide insurance upto 100% for medicine.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qshahzad said:
OHIP covers consultation fee, medicines are to be purchased. However, some employers provide insurance upto 100% for medicine.
thanks.

mobe

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,

I would like to join. I am waiting for PR & have plan to land in Toronto.

Thanks,
Mobe

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Dear Amjad,

Can you please send me the sample list for good to follow on ali.naeem@hotmail.com, I am giving my landing next month InshahAllah.

Also if we did not take either photographs or jewellery at the time of landing & when we want to bring them with us in Canada what will happen? I am asking this because I work in Saudi Arabia and all jewellry is in Pakistani bank locker.

regard,

lis
amjpk said:
Hi fellows,

Alhamdulillah I have been reached Toronto on last Tuesday with my family.
Overall 14hrs PIA direct flight was comfortable expect 30 minutes late. PIA allows two 28kg luggage for each passenger.

At Toronto immigration process was quite smooth just avoid to bring any of food items, cigarettes, packed spices and fruits. Moreover please make two separate lists of items; 1) goods to carry, 2) good to follow items lists. I made these lists MS excel sheet. Immigration officer check each jewelry items & stamped all those jewelry pics which were shown to him. He filled a B4 form and after necessary signature and stamping he handed over me to me for future reference. A Tip: Always carry entire jewelry with you on first landing, in following visit or good to follow tax would be charged on jewelry. During flight a declaration form be given to you which always fill up carefully including funds you have equal or more than $10000. Bank draft is an easy and safe way to transfer funds.

Weather is still cold outside; temp 2c to -7c. Light snowfall expected and in progress with breaks. so please must bring snow shoes and good brand over coat or jacket for each member.
Always be a good bring a good mobile/cell device from Pakistan, otherwise you have to sign at least a year contract. Usually here mobile device is operator locked and prices are also quite high. After applied SIN and opening of a bank account go for SIMM connection (postpaid) otherwise they ask you deposit $100 as security.

Don't forget to bring US & Canada standard power socket convertor "1 round & 2 flat pins" It would be handy if you bring a multi-sockets power extension.

Hope above information will help you to better prepare before coming to Canada

Regards-Amjpk

Mightyechoes

Mar 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
August, 2011.
File Transfer...
July, 2010
Med's Request
MARCH, 2012
Med's Done....
05 March, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:20-08-12......PPR2:08-10-2012.Ecase:DM:9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
december, 2012. Insha Allah
Sorry guys, I was away for quite sometimes but here i am again.......so anyone wants anything(any guidelines or suggestions or info) with regards to Canada settlement.pls give me a shout.

Regards,

Rehan

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Mightyechoes said:
Sorry guys, I was away for quite sometimes but here i am again.......so anyone wants anything(any guidelines or suggestions or info) with regards to Canada settlement.pls give me a shout.

Regards,

Rehan
Hi
Hope you are well settled in Canada now.

Your timelines indicates that you landed in December.

Can you share your experience, did you stay or come back after landing.

I ask this because a lot of people are discouraging new immigrants from landing in winters.

Regards,

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13

Mightyechoes

Mar 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
August, 2011.
File Transfer...
July, 2010
Med's Request
MARCH, 2012
Med's Done....
05 March, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
rizmayo said:
Hi
Hope you are well settled in Canada now.

Your timelines indicates that you landed in December.

Can you share your experience, did you stay or come back after landing.

I ask this because a lot of people are discouraging new immigrants from landing in winters.

Regards,

Dear I landed in December and i did not go back, I am here since then, My family landed in february, 2013. I wanted to land before my family so i found a job and get things at least in a good shape before my family come.

Yeah winter is cruel here no second thought about it.......when i landed it gets to -35 and lot of snow storms n tough weather for a guy like me who spent his 30 years in +45 to +50 temp....lolzzzz......but the blessing in disguise was......it made my immunity strong..now minus temp dont bother me........

it works fine with me, i got a job in walmart just after 15 days of my landing as a cart pusher......It was one of the hard job i had when ya push carts outside for 8-10 hrs in -30 to -35 temp.....but just after 1 month, they promoted me to courtesy desk associate inside the store and then again after 2 months they promoted me to customer services manager and finally in May, 2013 they finally promoted me as a front end manager.....and God gave me this success just because of 3 things....

1)- Due to the prayers of my parents.
2)- Due to support of my family.
3)- My positive attitude and i never complained about anything. I just worked hard....

so a better piece of advise from my own experience.........

Prepare yourself for worst because here in Canada, it will never be a free lunch....just forget about your past good jobs and easy life.....life is so cruel in initial months both physically and emotionally....ya gotta be strong and stay positive and it will give ya strength and patience eventually.

All ya need is ur first break in..some got it early and for some it takes few months so just remember one thing......."IF GOD send ya here then there must be some reason behind that move so just have faith on GOD and believe on urself" and ya will be fine here.

I aint talkin about my achievements because i m some kinda superman here but i just told ya my own experience that if ya work hard here then system is rewarding here...there has been a lot of twists and turns in my life of one year here which i will share later........but what i have observed that the most important thing in Canadian life......is ...........Financial stability and it come if ya got any kinda job.....

I am always available for anyone, Any help, any sharing of my own experience and any help with regards to jobs..but remember don't count on me..........believe on ur skills, ur faith, ur hard work and ur positive frame of mind and with blessing of GOD everything will be great here....

CANADA is great country having lot of opportunities.....

DONT be afraid of the winter......it comes to ya sooner or later so just do it and if ya will never stuck in the mud then ya will never learn......so be a survivor and learn and apply ur experience for your better tomorrow and i assure ya that better future is here as long as ya r happy with urself.....

Regards,
Mightyechoes.

Mightyechoes

Mar 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
August, 2011.
File Transfer...
July, 2010
Med's Request
MARCH, 2012
Med's Done....
05 March, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
DEAR ALL,

Its always great to get to the forum which i started long back.......Good to see peoples are helping each other here........pls never stop this chain reaction......

Regards,
Mightyechoes.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Can some guys help post some experiences @ Pakistani airports, with terms to dealing with FIA/customs, etc.
Are they asking for bribes and/or harrassing people un-necessarily.
A friend of mine is very wary of them and gets nervous when flying from Pak as he heard a couple of bad stories from others.

Secondly, how is the PIA experience? Are they loading enough food/drinks for the 14hour flight or does the food finish early?
In the past we have heard such stories about PIA so just wondering.

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 13-10-2010, Full Documents Sent 19-01-11, 2nd AOR 16-06-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
canvis2006 said:
Can some guys help post some experiences @ Pakistani airports, with terms to dealing with FIA/customs, etc.
Are they asking for bribes and/or harrassing people un-necessarily.
A friend of mine is very wary of them and gets nervous when flying from Pak as he heard a couple of bad stories from others.

Secondly, how is the PIA experience? Are they loading enough food/drinks for the 14hour flight or does the food finish early?
In the past we have heard such stories about PIA so just wondering.
I think that it was a good question. Any replies to share experiences with PIA?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
AAJ said:
I think that it was a good question. Any replies to share experiences with PIA?
Even though I flew Emirates. My wife who landed later insisted on flying PIA as she did not want to transit at any airport with 2 kids.

She was very happy with the experience of the flight. It arrived about 15 minutes late.

The FIA, bribes etc. are just unfortunate but rare occurrences. That also happens to people who have issues with their papers. If it was any other country, they would have been denied boarding, but in Pakistan they take bribes and let you go. People sharing these stories often leave out the part about the mistakes they made and only share the behavior of the airport officials.

Regards,

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
rizmayo said:
Even though I flew Emirates. My wife who landed later insisted on flying PIA as she did not want to transit at any airport with 2 kids.

She was very happy with the experience of the flight. It arrived about 15 minutes late.

The FIA, bribes etc. are just unfortunate but rare occurrences. That also happens to people who have issues with their papers. If it was any other country, they would have been denied boarding, but in Pakistan they take bribes and let you go. People sharing these stories often leave out the part about the mistakes they made and only share the behavior of the airport officials.

Regards,
thanks for sharing your wife's input on PIA.
Seems the Canada-Pakistan route is being handled well by PIA, as most customers are Canadian residents/nationals.
They will lose a lot of money if they mess this one up.