Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Can anyone help me in getting a shared accommodation for a month or two please...?????

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
Khalid sb,

A query; did you fill-up PR Card Form IMM 5444E at airport during the immigration process?

Regards
Amjad

khalidcivil said:
Landing and Settling Experience

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amjpk said:
Khalid sb,

I would be grateful if you please share with me driving test stuff.
My email is "amjpk @ yahoo.com"

Thanks in advance
Amjad
Muhammad Shahnawaz said:
AOA Khalid Bhai,

Plz also email me on

shahnawaz_kundlik @ hotmail.com

JazakAllah
Regards

Muhammad Shahnawaz
avoid to give your email address publicly. u can send your email address by PM to khalid bhai

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
I am planning to give my landing in july InshahAllah and spent 30 days and return back to Saudi. My question is what if I did not received my PR card within that 30 days as the maximum time to deliver of PR card is 58 days.

Do you think it would be a risk, if one has not received his PR card and still he is traveling outside Canada.

Based on the forum people experince I have noticed that if they need something from you either picture or signature, they (CIC) will give you a call within a week else they don't need you if they have not contacted you in that week and the card always deliver by post as well, so there is no question to collect the card in a person.

Once my friend received my PR card he will dispatch me on my mailing addresss in Saudia. What is your advice & suggest on this subject?

Azad Jan

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 13, 2009
AOR Received.
Sep 27, 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
8 Overall
File Transfer...
July 27, 2010
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: Oct 26, 2012. PPR2: Nov 22, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2012. PP Received: Dec 22, 2012.
LANDED..........
March 2013 iA
AoA/Hello All,

Just wanted to share something my close friend experienced. He had done a short landing a few weeks ago (returned a few days back). He shared with me his experiences, which are;

1) He took the PIA direct flight from Lahore to Toronto and had good things to say about it.
2) According to him, there were only 2 people doing landing on his flight, so it took him 5-10 minutes in total.
3) The VO asked about the funds he was carrying, but the custom guys also checked those funds.
4) He used online sites to find a apt sharing arrangement with a 55 year old woman and paid $1700 in advance. According to him, the woman started making his life hell from day 1. Telling him that he can't cook meat since she was a vegetarian, and all kinds of other crap.
5) It got so bad that he consulted a lawyer, who advised him to just forget about the $1700 and move out. That's what he did.
6) He moved to his friend's place for the remainder of his trip.

The point of sharing this is to caution folks here to clarify all concerns/details with the landlords before signing off on the lease, and not take everything for granted. I intend to do the same.

7) In spite of the bad experience with a landlady, he said that it appears everything operates smoothly in Canada. No hassles. He has lived several years in the UK also, and found CA to be a better place.

Anyway, 45 more days to go for my family and I :)

Excited/Nervous/Concerned.
AZAD JAN

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Azad Jan said:
AoA/Hello All,

Just wanted to share something my close friend experienced. He had done a short landing a few weeks ago (returned a few days back). He shared with me his experiences, which are;

1) He took the PIA direct flight from Lahore to Toronto and had good things to say about it.
2) According to him, there were only 2 people doing landing on his flight, so it took him 5-10 minutes in total.
3) The VO asked about the funds he was carrying, but the custom guys also checked those funds.
4) He used online sites to find a apt sharing arrangement with a 55 year old woman and paid $1700 in advance. According to him, the woman started making his life hell from day 1. Telling him that he can't cook meat since she was a vegetarian, and all kinds of other crap.
5) It got so bad that he consulted a lawyer, who advised him to just forget about the $1700 and move out. That's what he did.

The point of sharing this is to caution folks here to clarify all concerns/details with the landlords before signing off on the lease, and not take everything for granted. I intend to do the same.

7) In spite of the bad experience with a landlady, he said that it appears everything operates smoothly in Canada. No hassles. He has lived several years in the UK also, and found CA to be a better place.

AZAD JAN
very sad 2 hear the experience of your friend .$1700 is a big amount dont leave as it ,Its Canada ,there are so many ways to fight for your right without any expense
following is a form 2 fill and fax it with some sort of proof at Fax No. 416-314-8649 or 1-888-377-8808 ,hopefully your friend will get back his remaining rent
http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/STEL02_111281.html

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
obaid.Samee said:
Can anyone help me in getting a shared accommodation for a month or two please...?????
r u seeking the shared accommodation in GTA? PM me

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear amjad

The immigration officer did fill in the PR card application form for me. I did not. Thats the standard procedure and it is responsibility of the immigration officer.

regards
amjpk said:
Khalid sb,

A query; did you fill-up PR Card Form IMM 5444E at airport during the immigration process?

Regards
Amjad

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Karwa Sach said:
r u seeking the shared accommodation in GTA? PM me
Some how i can not PM you...can you contact me???

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
khalidcivil said:
Dear amjad

The immigration officer did fill in the PR card application form for me. I did not. Thats the standard procedure and it is responsibility of the immigration officer.

regards
ASA khalid bhai

one more question. regarding the gold jwellery we will carry, is it usually kept in the house or u have to take locker in the bank, and how much does a locker cost? secondly when we declare the worth of that gold at our landing, is it also counted in annual tax returns, means if we take our gold do we have to pay tax each year on that?

thanks

atif

Gorsi 116

Sep 12, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11- 2009
Doc's Request.
01-12-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
No
LANDED..........
No
Azad Jan said:
AoA/Hello All,

AZAD JAN
Dear Azad Jan:

Thanks for sharing your friend's experience. Please dont be nervous as you will be landing along with you family. Take it as a fun time. Things will be alright with passage of time, InshaAllah. I also lived for a while in the UK as an immigrant and am hopeful that Canada would be a better experience.

Gorsi116

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Any body in Alberta...need to know/comfirm AHCIP policies... Medical insurance is valid from the day one???

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Ref: http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/moving-to-Alberta.html
Moving to Alberta

Moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada

If you are moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada, you are eligible for AHCIP coverage on the first day of the third month following your date of arrival. You should register within 3 months of arrival. If you apply later, the effective date of your coverage will be determined when you register.
■If you are moving within Alberta, please update your information

Moving to Alberta from outside Canada / immigrants

If you are moving or returning to Alberta from outside Canada, you might be eligible for coverage on the date of your arrival. You must register within 3 months of arrival. Newcomers to Canada are required to present a copy of their Canada entry document along with their other supporting documents.
■Contact us for more information if you or your dependants hold temporary immigration documents.

To apply for coverage, complete and submit the Application for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan Coverage (Form AHC0102), also available at an authorized registry agent location.
■Read about registration requirements and eligibility

Arriving ahead of your dependants

If your dependants plan to join you in Alberta later, you should maintain coverage for your family and yourself at the location where your dependants still live. Contact us for more information if your dependants do not intend to move here within 12 months of your arrival.

If you apply for AHCIP coverage for yourself and your family within 3 months of their arrival, coverage will be effective on the first day of the third month after they arrive.

obaid.Samee said:
Any body in Alberta...need to know/comfirm AHCIP policies... Medical insurance is valid from the day one???

Azad Jan

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 13, 2009
AOR Received.
Sep 27, 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
8 Overall
File Transfer...
July 27, 2010
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: Oct 26, 2012. PPR2: Nov 22, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2012. PP Received: Dec 22, 2012.
LANDED..........
March 2013 iA
Thanks Gorsi116,

This is good nervousness. It will help me prepare.

Gorsi 116 said:
Dear Azad Jan:
Thanks for sharing your friend's experience. Please dont be nervous as you will be landing along with you family. Take it as a fun time. Things will be alright with passage of time, InshaAllah. I also lived for a while in the UK as an immigrant and am hopeful that Canada would be a better experience.
Gorsi116

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
Hi, I am moving to GTA in 2nd week of March 2013 via PIA which usually allow per person 2 X 28kg luggage plus 7kg hands carry.
Anybody can share his/her experience about the airline may offer or allow more luggage weight while passenger migrating through as an immigrant.
Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback
Regards-amjpk