khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landing and Settling Experience

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn’t face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.
thanks for this detailed description

one qestion. in providing the address u will be residing in canda do they need landline phone number also or only address?

our collegue canada 123 will also be landing today so we all await his experience of landing too and good wishes for him too.

thanks

atif

Mightyechoes

Mar 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
August, 2011.
File Transfer...
July, 2010
Med's Request
MARCH, 2012
Med's Done....
05 March, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:20-08-12......PPR2:08-10-2012.Ecase:DM:9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
december, 2012. Insha Allah
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.
Dear Khalid,

Wish ya all the best for ur new life in canada. Pls feel free to contact me in any help or concern or facilitation. I ll be more then happy to do that....

buzz me on this one 587-227-3404.

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes

Coming_to_Canada

Aug 9, 2011
Mightyechoes said:
Dear Khalid,

Wish ya all the best for ur new life in canada. Pls feel free to contact me in any help or concern or facilitation. I ll be more then happy to do that....

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes

Der Mightyechoes,
good to se your post.. hopefully u r doing well and enjoying your new life in Canada!!!
i also sent u a pm.. hope u received it..
can i call u sometime as well?
take carea nd good luck..

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

Great post..Thanks for sharing and +1.. :)

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They need the address but not necessarily the land line number. In-fact, i provided them cell number of my friend.

regards
atifhassankhan said:
thanks for this detailed description

one qestion. in providing the address u will be residing in canda do they need landline phone number also or only address?

our collegue canada 123 will also be landing today so we all await his experience of landing too and good wishes for him too.

thanks

atif

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mighty,

Thanks for your kind words. Best wishes for your success and prosperity.
I will contact on ur number as well.
regards
Mightyechoes said:
Dear Khalid,

Best Regards,

Mightyechoes

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
khalidcivil said:
Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test.
congrats on landing..have u already prepared for that test and knew the format or you just went and took the test and passed it. if you had preparations for the test, pls provide links or book from where you prepared. thx

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Replied to your PM.
regards,

Goodman!! said:
congrats on landing..have u already prepared for that test and knew the format or you just went and took the test and passed it. if you had preparations for the test, pls provide links or book from where you prepared. thx

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-May-2010 (Sent 05-07-2010)
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
10-11-2012 (Case Refused & Re-opened in Aug. 2012)
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 26-06-2013 ; PPR-2 30-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
khalidcivil said:
Replied to your PM.
regards,
Hi Khalid,

Can you please share the procedure to prepare for the driving test on the forum as well for the benefit of others.....

Thanks and best of luck.

KhalidSubhan

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Previous islamabad)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 2009
File Transfer...
18 april, 2011
Med's Request
27th May, 2012
Med's Done....
June, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21st august 2012, PPR2: 21 sept, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16th oct
LANDED..........
22nd feb 2013
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

@khalidcivil:
Great post khalid bhai, that means a little ink problem on passport doesnt mean an actual problem. best of luck and keep in touch

@mightyechoes: honestly, really liked your post. there is so much detail,

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
khalidcivil said:
They need the address but not necessarily the land line number. In-fact, i provided them cell number of my friend.

regards
Dear \Khalid bhai

thanks for the reply.
Regarding blankets, do we need to bring heavy weight blankets like 9 kg blanket for a double bed or medium weight like 6 kg, also is it wise to bring air bag mattresses for initial use as i have a family of 6?

Thanks
atif

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear atif,

due to heating systems, the room temperature inside houses here is quite comfortable. So you wouldn't need any heavy blankets as such. You can bring the mattress, if you can manage it in luggage.

atifhassankhan said:
Dear \Khalid bhai

thanks for the reply.
Regarding blankets, do we need to bring heavy weight blankets like 9 kg blanket for a double bed or medium weight like 6 kg, also is it wise to bring air bag mattresses for initial use as i have a family of 6?

Thanks
atif

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Salam to all,

I was invited to the group by Amjpk.... and i am new to this group.. learned alot from other's experience. i have sent my pasport to islamabad (Canadian embassy) and waiting. Prayers required from all the fellows.

Regards

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
Already submitted with Doc request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
06-May-2012 (delivered on May 17, 12)
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
03-October-2012 (Dec made on Nov 7, 12)
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
obaid.Samee said:
Salam to all,

I was invited to the group by Amjpk.... and i am new to this group.. learned alot from other's experience. i have sent my pasport to islamabad (Canadian embassy) and waiting. Prayers required from all the fellows.

Regards
Welcome to the group Obaid bhai, wishing you the best of luck.

God bless,