+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pune University - WES Credential Evaluation process step by step

heena22

May 23, 2018
-
If you have all university mark sheets with you, you can get them attested at the Student Facility Center, Pune University Gate. Color or black and white both are fine as long as you have "University Attestation" on them.
Perfect, thank you for your response! I did the process on Thursday itself and will be receiving the attested copies today! :) I can fedex it to WES today, I just have one concern though, one of my marksheets has an internal backlog due to not appearing for one of the two internal exams as I was extremely unwell. Will this matter at all? In my transcripts this backlog will not show because they will print the revised marks from the next semester, when I did give the second exam and received revised marks, but then again, the transcript takes about 60 days to be delivered and sometimes even longer as per some blogs I've read, I don't want to delay the WES process waiitng for this. Overall, I have a first class with distinction on a 3 year average (BBA) in my degree, so I don't know what I should be doing? I don't want this little thing in one of my marksheets and my impatience to be a cause of concern later. That's the only backlog I've ever had all through my education, hence the excessive concern :p

Last edited:

heena22

May 23, 2018
Also, to get the certified marksheets from PU, I need to carry all year original marksheets and degree, right ? What else do I need to carry ?

TIA
2 photo copies of each document along with the originals. They will verify one set of photocopies with the originals and keep the second set for attestation. The process is pretty quick for this, I gave my documents on Thursday and will be receiving them today.

heena22

May 23, 2018
Hi All,

I have gone through all the posts in this thread and still going to ask some dumb questions. So please bear with me and HELP !!!!

Q1 : To start with, i did my B.E in IT in 2010, and my college was affiliated with University of Pune.
So - for WES , do i need to select

a. University education or
b. State board of technical education

1. I am about to submit my documents for transcript - What needs to be filled in UID in self attestation form ?

2. Some one mentioned that Pune university will not send transcripts to your home. But I read PU page and it says that they will send it through "India Post". So which one is correct ?

3. Is it safe to assume that I will be getting transcript in 1 to 2 months ?

4. In Self attestation, I wrote "True copy - self attested" and signed it and put date. Is that enough or ONLY signature has to be there.

5. I did my B.E in IT in 2010, and after few years university name changed. Does transcript mentioned anything about that, or do we need to do anything for them to mention this ?

6. My college in 2009 was affiliated to University of Pune, but in 2015 they become autonomous ( partially- still in process). Anything will that impact my process to collect the documents. it says that "College-issued mark sheets/result cards are not accepted unless from an autonomus college." So can i get college ceertified copy instead of going to university.

Note : WES have already rejected my "Statement of marks" with reason :"The document received was not attested by the appropriate official at your academic institution". I had submitted them the transcript from my college registrar

7. Is there anyway I can remind them or bring to their notice as to "Attest and seal" the envelopes ?

8. I have 4 full years marksheets ( like year 1 marksheet having semester 1 and 2 , 1 for sem 3 and 4, and so on....) which I will be submitting to PU and PU will attest and send it to me for WES. Also I have semester based marksheet , like marksheet i got after clearing semester 1, then marksheet for semester 3 and for 5 and for 7. Should i need to send these also ?
1. UID is your Aadhaar Card number

2. Transcripts will be sent to your home address

3. They say so when you submit your documents but as per other blogs and answers I've read apparently not, you might have to call/visit them and keep reminding them periodically, check the status online before you do.

4. Either should be okay, but signature is enough.

5. I don't think you need to do anything about that since the name University of Pune is present even in the new name. As long as your marksheets are issues by the university and not your college for all semesters you should be fine.

6. I believe if you completed the course before the college became autonomous then you have studied in PU, therefore you need to get your documents verified from PU, not your college. This also should not affect your application with WES.

7. All transcripts are attested and sealed I have been assured on asking them, I submitted my documents in person. Every copy is also in a separate sealed envelope, so you should be good.

8. You have to give marksheets of all semesters, as the marksheets "*" (star) the subjects you have appeared for in that semester so WES will know that there are marksheets missing if you submit only the yearly ones.

Last edited:

heena22

May 23, 2018
Pune University WILL NOT courier documents to you. YOU will have to collect the documents personally from the Student Facility Center. For more details, please visit Pune University website.
This is odd, because when I went to submit my documents on Thursday the guy at the counter went like you will receive the transcripts by post and I asked him twice to make sure. The attestation documents though, have to be personally collected from their counter at the SFC.

heena22

May 23, 2018
Hi...
Pune university will courier my transcript to my address with my address on sealed envelope.
If my address is there on sealed envelope, how to write WES adddress..should i overwrite it..or put it in another envelope.??
Apparently there is no address on the small sealed envelope and it comes in a bigger envelope that bears the address, this is done to protect the transcript. Anyway I believe you should be able to write on the sealed envelope but make sure you put it in a bigger envelope before you courier it and write the WES address on that too

heena22

May 23, 2018
Public Service Announcement - guys, I have done WES for Pune University recently - the only thing you need (as it has been highlighted multiple times in this thread) is a one page transcript from the University and a xerox(!) of your final degree certificate.

There is no need for attested photocopies to be sent to WES.
How long did your transcript take to arrive? Do they actually send it within 60 days or did you have to remind them? Thanks in advance.

heena22

May 23, 2018
I chose the transcript option and received sealed ones from Pune University. I ordered more than one copy so that I can open one and see if everything was in order. Used the sealed one for Wes and had no problems whatsoever. I believe the attestation is a good option if you are based in pune or you have someone who can do it for you. Traveling to pune was just too cumbersome for me for this so gave the transcripts a chance and worked out just fine for me. I was also skeptic initially whether I would receive sealed copies or not, maybe you should also order more than one copy just to be sure. I received all the sealed copies in a larger envelope.
Hope it helps. Cheers.
How long did it take for your transcripts to arrive? Did you have to remind them or was it done without any issues?

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
How long did your transcript take to arrive? Do they actually send it within 60 days or did you have to remind them? Thanks in advance.
It took 60-70 days for home delivery. I think if you go to University Transcript section (not actual name, you will have to inquire where they deal with transcripts) and request it to be expedited, they do it in a month but you will have to physically collect it.

heena22

May 23, 2018
I
It took 60-70 days for home delivery. I think if you go to University Transcript section (not actual name, you will have to inquire where they deal with transcripts) and request it to be expedited, they do it in a month but you will have to physically collect it.
I can totally do this, the university is close to where I stay. How long after submitting the documents can you visit them, do you know?

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
I

I can totally do this, the university is close to where I stay. How long after submitting the documents can you visit them, do you know?
As I said if you are close to the university, choose the attestation rather than transcripts option. That would be much faster for you.

heena22

May 23, 2018
As I said if you are close to the university, choose the attestation rather than transcripts option. That would be much faster for you.
I've done that already, will pick them up on Monday. I've placed the transcript order as an additional measure, in case WES doesn't accept some marksheets etc, since I don't want to waste time later.

Reactions: Akots

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
I've done that already, will pick them up on Monday. I've placed the transcript order as an additional measure, in case WES doesn't accept some marksheets etc, since I don't want to waste time later.
Ohh ok. Didn't realise. Sorry about that.

Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
Perfect, thank you for your response! I did the process on Thursday itself and will be receiving the attested copies today! :) I can fedex it to WES today, I just have one concern though, one of my marksheets has an internal backlog due to not appearing for one of the two internal exams as I was extremely unwell. Will this matter at all? In my transcripts this backlog will not show because they will print the revised marks from the next semester, when I did give the second exam and received revised marks, but then again, the transcript takes about 60 days to be delivered and sometimes even longer as per some blogs I've read, I don't want to delay the WES process waiitng for this. Overall, I have a first class with distinction on a 3 year average (BBA) in my degree, so I don't know what I should be doing? I don't want this little thing in one of my marksheets and my impatience to be a cause of concern later. That's the only backlog I've ever had all through my education, hence the excessive concern :p
I don't see that as a hindrance. The purpose of Educational Credential Assessment is to check the equivalency of the course you completed at your home country in Canada. You can expect to hear from WES soon.

All the best.

Mahsaca

May 30, 2018
Hi guys
I need help urgently. I'm in canada and I registered for WES AND sent my Pune university master's degree and Mark sheets to WES BUT they emailed me back that mark sheet not accepted as it had to come from university in a sealed envelope. Please tell me where and how to send the degree to Pune university if I can't go there in person? Thanks

dhokchawle

Apr 25, 2018
Hello,
I have started with WES process, but found that Pune University do not verify Transcript ,required document for WES process. Then Statement of Marks/marksheet can be verified from Pune University for WES instead of Transcript. Kindly replay.