+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks a lot, I hope everything will be fine for both of us, really.
Did you receive the Additional Medical Examinations Required letter?

I got one today from The London Regional Medical Office, they kinda give me 60 days to submit the update. 2 weeks already passed since I sputum tests, I guess, there are only 6 weeks left for the results. The timing seems ok, I should meet the deadline, I suppose.
Yeah i got that mail too! But i would show that letter to my doctor when i come back for my re-xray. When is your sputum culture result and re-xray due?

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah i got that mail too! But i would show that letter to my doctor when i come back for my re-xray. When is your sputum culture result and re-xray due?
Here's the interesting part: I've read here that everyone are asked to do re-xray, but my PP didn't mention any of this, he was talking only about sputum culture analysis. Now I suggest that he will tell me about it later. Or he just forgot, no idea, actually :(

Sputum culture result due is due March 20. What about you?

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
Here's the interesting part: I've read here that everyone are asked to do re-xray, but my PP didn't mention any of this, he was talking only about sputum culture analysis. Now I suggest that he will tell me about it later. Or he just forgot, no idea, actually :(

Sputum culture result due is due March 20. What about you?
Maybe it depends on where you’re from or your hospital? I’m from the Philippines, they just told me that if they don’t call me before my sputum culture which is about to end this coming thursday, then i should just come back on march 13 for my re xray. They repeat the xray for canada, australia, and new zealand if im not mistaken. But for countries like the US after the 2 month waiting time they just pass their medical apparently.. i hope everything turns out well for you my friend! The waiting sucks but just take one day at a time ✌

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
Hi everyone i hope someone can enlighten me on my current situation.

I was required to do a sputum exam because of some findings on my xray. Apparently meron daw "haze" so they want to rule out tb. After 2 months the sputum culture test result came out negative. Now when i did my 2nd xray they saw that the "haze" on my xray was lessened. According to the doctor This was most probably because of the antibiotics i took for another sickness 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately they said there cannot be any changes between the xrays otherwise it will appear unstable. Because of this i was required to do another xray after 3 months to "check for stability".

My question is this. What will they be looking for on the 3rd xray? Theres a high probability that the result will be the same as my 3rd xray since im not taking any medications. Or are they looking for the haze to completely vanish?

I would appreciate any replies and if someine else has experienced this i would love to hear from you.

Thanks everyone.
What antibiotics were you taking that time?

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello, anyone who has experience, need some insight please. My mom went for 3 days sputum test because of a haze in the lungs (St. Lukes Manila). This was done on feb 5,6,7 and turned out negative. On monday feb 10 she provided her old xray to the doctor. This xray is 4 months old and is very normal, no haze or anything. The doctor accepted it and made a copy. He said we will wait 2 months for the sputum culture result and re xray will only depend on that. The result is supposed to come out on april 3. But the next day she received a call and she was told that after comparing with the old xray with the new one, they definitely don't match so clinic decided she has to go for re xray on May 5th. My mom asked about the culture test if it's still on but they couldn't say yes right away, and just said we're just gonna wait for re xray and we'll decide from there. So it's not clear and we don't know what to expect. Will they still proceed with culture test or not? What happens if re xray shows clear again, does it mean she passed? And what if no change and haze is still there? Does it mean she got infected in between the 4 month old xray and now? We are really worried if providing that old xray worsens the situation or helped it. Please, anyone's opinion is appreciated. Thank you.

LeaJoy01

Feb 16, 2020
Hi!

would like to ask your insights about my situation. I am in my 3rd month of Anti TB medication an will be done in May. I applied to Seneca last Feb 10, thinking that my application decision will be approved after 2 to 4 months (based on some forum answers about how long seneca sends offer letter). However, they sent me an offer letter only after 4 days!
now im contemplating whether to accept the offer or not as I am scared that my student visa wil get delayed or disapproved!

Now my question is: would it be best if I pay the school fees, then apply for student visa after the medication, which is in May? which gives me only 4 months to process visa in the Philippines
or b.) ignore the offer letter and apply again once done with the medication (huhuhu)

Thank you! Hope to hear your insights or even suggestions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah whatever they saw on the xray they suspected it to be tb that’s why. My xray result was that i have like a blurr on my shoulder area but no where near my lungs but still needed to be cultured for 2 months! It’s gonna be my 2nd month this feb 13 but i still have to wait another month for xray.. i’ll keep you posted and i hope everything turns out well for both of us!
Canada has a very low TB rate except in refugees, homeless and aboriginal people on reserves. Canada wants to keep it that way so screens heavily for TB in regions where it is more prevalent. Given that TB has become drug resistant and many areas and the treatments are pretty long and brutal and may not cure you can understand why the screening are done.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, anyone who has experience, need some insight please. My mom went for 3 days sputum test because of a haze in the lungs (St. Lukes Manila). This was done on feb 5,6,7 and turned out negative. On monday feb 10 she provided her old xray to the doctor. This xray is 4 months old and is very normal, no haze or anything. The doctor accepted it and made a copy. He said we will wait 2 months for the sputum culture result and re xray will only depend on that. The result is supposed to come out on april 3. But the next day she received a call and she was told that after comparing with the old xray with the new one, they definitely don't match so clinic decided she has to go for re xray on May 5th. My mom asked about the culture test if it's still on but they couldn't say yes right away, and just said we're just gonna wait for re xray and we'll decide from there. So it's not clear and we don't know what to expect. Will they still proceed with culture test or not? What happens if re xray shows clear again, does it mean she passed? And what if no change and haze is still there? Does it mean she got infected in between the 4 month old xray and now? We are really worried if providing that old xray worsens the situation or helped it. Please, anyone's opinion is appreciated. Thank you.
Providing the previous x-ray confirmed that something new was going on in her lungs and it wasn’t old scaring. They will do the sputum culture which takes a long time because it takes a long time for sputum to grow bacteria and fungus. A repeat x-ray at 2-3 months is pretty standard. They will compare the 2nd and 3 to x-rays and if the 3rd is clear then it is fine. If it is still cloudy your mother needs to be investigated for other issues. The clear 1st x-ray is actually a good comparison. For example if she had a mark on the 2nd and the repeat x-ray and the culture was negative it would be determined that it is scar tissue.

Reactions: desmonddoss

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Providing the previous x-ray confirmed that something new was going on in her lungs and it wasn’t old scaring. They will do the sputum culture which takes a long time because it takes a long time for sputum to grow bacteria and fungus. A repeat x-ray at 2-3 months is pretty standard. They will compare the 2nd and 3 to x-rays and if the 3rd is clear then it is fine. If it is still cloudy your mother needs to be investigated for other issues. The clear 1st x-ray is actually a good comparison. For example if she had a mark on the 2nd and the repeat x-ray and the culture was negative it would be determined that it is scar tissue.
Thank you for your insight! We are praying really hard that it will be cleared on the next xray.

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I have a question.

after having gone through the whole medical process while applying for study permit and got medical passed and underwent surveillance in Canada.

OP now In home country filing for express entry; will he/she go through same medical process as it is understood that scars from previous TB are always there.
Is there any record of OP having underwent surveillance and cleared while in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a question.

after having gone through the whole medical process while applying for study permit and got medical passed and underwent surveillance in Canada.

OP now In home country filing for express entry; will he/she go through same medical process as it is understood that scars from previous TB are always there.
Is there any record of OP having underwent surveillance and cleared while in Canada
You should get a copy of the x-ray done from the study visa which can be compared to the current chest x-ray. If they are the same there will be no need for anymore testing.

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
You should get a copy of the x-ray done from the study visa which can be compared to the current chest x-ray. If they are the same there will be no need for anymore testing.
That’s reasonable.
The question is does the embassy have precious X-ray files? and I believe they should be the one to do the comparison to present X-ray file.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That’s reasonable.
The question is does the embassy have precious X-ray files? and I believe they should be the one to do the comparison to present X-ray file.
it would be the panel doctor who would look at the x-rays first. Not sure how it works in your home country. Most places have digital medical imaging these days so hopefully the doctor or the clinic where you had the x-ray done with have a copy of thex-ray. If the doctor doesn’t suggest it point out that you had another medical and could they compare the previous x-ray to this one to hopefully show that there have been no changes your lung.

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
it would be the panel doctor who would look at the x-rays first. Not sure how it works in your home country. Most places have digital medical imaging these days so hopefully the doctor or the clinic where you had the x-ray done with have a copy of thex-ray. If the doctor doesn’t suggest it point out that you had another medical and could they compare the previous x-ray to this one to hopefully show that there have been no changes your lung.
Alright thanks.
I have the xray file that was done previously.

Taqi123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hello Friends,
I had given sputum smear test and sputum culture test, smear result came out after one week which is negative, and bow waiting for culture results.
1. My query is how long exactly they will announce result, they gave 08 weeks time which is too long, should i email to IOM to speed up process?
2. I had gone thru
# skin test, # mtb and blood test for t.b all are negative... Should i share these test reports with IRCC on webform, its feasible...?
Pls response